inContact Reviews

65 reviews filtered by
3.8
inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Pros
  • Offers work from home 1X Day a week in most departments (in 5 reviews)

• Fun place to work with great people and great culture (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing at a rate that is hard to keep up with (in 5 reviews)

• It seems that upper management needs to be more aligned (in 5 reviews)

1. Truly love inContact as a company and can't say enough good things about my co-workers!

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Industry leader, very healthy financially, great vacation, awesome leadership at every level, a remarkable CEO, just to name a few.

Cons

Benefits could be better. Sometimes things are moving so fast it's hard to determine what the priorities are and where the team should be focused. There are some silos that definitely need to be broken down.

I think there needs to be a lot more emphasis on collaborating with other team members. It's really hard for it to happen naturally with how busy everyone always is so I think leadership needs to become more involved in bringing teams of people together to create new campaigns, ideas, and/or solve issues.

2. Current Employee

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a definite sense of trying to cultivate a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement. Most of the people are great to work with and are passionate about their jobs and the customer experience. Leadership is encouraged to publicly recognize employees who go above and beyond.

Cons

The bureaucracy in place can be counterproductive. The company is growing rapidly and change is constant, and while leadership tries to keep pace communication can be lacking.

Improve communication, streamline processes instead of creating more layers and unnecessary administrative tasks which can prohibit progress. Continue to recognize the effort and contributions of employees.

Interesting, forward-forward thinking company.

Current Employee - Staff Implementation Manager in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Staff Implementation Manager in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact

Pros

Relaxed culture. They say they're "business casual" dress, but nice jeans and a collared shirt are just fine.

For the most part, the company seems to really focus on the employee. They do a good job of being a large company (over 1,000 employees now) while still focusing on the little guy. Each position and individual feels like they can have an impact on the company.

Cons

Right now, space is the only concern -- there are LOTS of people crammed in to their current building.

They have announced plans to build a large campus in Sandy, but at their current hiring rate, more space is needed immediately.

Continue to focus on the employee. Keep communication channels open, and continue to let us know the direction you intend to take the company.

5. Booming with promise and success

Current Employee - Account Executive in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing company that is getting the right leadership in place to take the company to the next level. Sales culture is fantastic. Hiring talented people who are willing to help each other succeed. EVP of sales gets it. If you come in, are willing to work hard and put your time in, you can be successful. Mangement wants people to kill their number and give you the resources and training to make that happen.

Cons

There are some cliques in upper management/inner circles that get preference. Company is growing extremely fast and some of the department are having to play catch up, which means being thrown into the fire immediately. Management is working on breaking down silos between departments, but the process has been slow.

Cut down the silos that exist between departments to help make inContact even more successful.

Lots of room to shine within the company and LOVE the culture.

Current Employee - TSA in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - TSA in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact

Pros

Great people and culture. I have never worked for a company that has done it better. They feed us constantly and appreciate the work that we do. The industry that we deal with is very fast paced and management understands that there are pressures. They also bring in outside consultants to help advance our professional aptitudes.

Cons

HR changes are pretty slow. Although there are many internal opportunities, it is easier to get a raise by moving to another department than it is to gain more pay within your existing department. Pay tends to be on the medium to lower end for the industry but the job is stable.

Consider raising the wages of the employees to attract top quality people and keep people doing what they are doing instead of looking outside of the company or from switching departments.

Ugh... Politics.

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company and sales seem to be rising. As long as you are "accepted" into the group you are good.

Cons

Politics are rampant and their is a core group of VP, Directors that really run the company. The Executive Committee spends a lot of time directing "culture" and supposedly employee growth but the directives change every six months. 4DX, company pillars, 360 Reviews, heard them all. Nothing will change until leadership can truly lead. It's quite interesting because for a Utah company, it appears that they are biased against Mormons. Drink, smoke, and party and you'll be accepted.

Get some new executive leadership that can truly lead a public company and understands talent. Quit going to the same 5 people. They are the ones that are not allowing the company to truly grow. Add new talent (externally or internally) and build a culture of open discussion. Look at the leadership that have left or that you have gotten rid of over the past 3 years. Please begin to look internal at your problems. It's not employees that have left but rather the same employees that you feel are good that are the continual problem.

Company culture the whole family will love.

Current Employee - Webmaster in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Webmaster in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest reasons I love working for inContact is the company culture. So many companies claim to treat their employees well that it is fair to view such statements with some skepticism. However, from what I have seen during my 2 years with inContact, it is 100% accurate. The positive culture at inContact is built at the top and trickles down to where every employee feels as though they are part of a family. I have worked for several companies ranging from big to small with a wide spectrum of company cultures and I truly feel at home with inContact and am a proud member of the inContact family.

Cons

When it comes to downsides inContact has very little. In fact, the only downsides are directly related to how awesome inContact is. We are growing so big that we are bursting at the seams and work space is becoming harder to find, but luckily the people you share close quarters with are some of the best people there are. We have so many great people at inContact that I am constantly being contacted by other companies interested in poaching me away from inContact, but I won't be leaving inContact for a long time.

9. Flexible Company, Too Many Entitled Employees

Former Employee - Account Executive in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Midvale, UT

I worked at inContact

Pros

Flexible tech company. Some good quality people that work here. Great work-life balance. Good time-off policies and if in sales good travel and incentives for trips.

Cons

Too many entitled employees. Unclear message at times. Company as a whole needs to come together with one clear vision and not be so segregated.

Management needs to stop saying yes to everything

Could definitely use improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everybody will end up becoming a senior or principal level at some point, all you have to do is stick around long enough.

There is a snack bar that you are given $10/month in credits for. Free soda. I guess that's a pro.

Quarterly bonuses.

Some quarterly "inspire" rewards.

Yearly awards for outstanding performance wherein the winners are given an all-expenses paid trip to Mexico.

Cons

Management gets shuffled in and out on a yearly basis. The executive committee has no idea how to choose their management and ends up cycling through them every year or so when a scapegoat is needed for their inevitably bad decisions.

Definitely a sales driven company. If you're in engineering, prepare to have mediocre equipment and be a second priority to the rest of the company. The engineering department was recently split and a few teams were forced to move to a different building because the marketing department decided they didn't want to be the ones to move. The parking is pretty bad and employees were forced to sign a document stating that inContact will be allowed to make $100 payroll deductions if you park in the wrong spot.

Within teams or among peers, feedback is generally taken pretty well. But once you get up a few levels, the feedback is more or less ignored and the response becomes "other companies in the valley don't do that either" or "we're not competing with those companies, so we're not going to try to be sexy like them." A consulting team was hired to help find ways to increase the quality of the office. When suggestions were made about how to improve quality, the response was along the lines of "you guys just want everything, don't you?"

In engineering, you'll end up with a moderate computer, but very basic overall equipment. I hope you like the horrible default wired keyboard and mouse that come with every computer because that's all you're going to get. You'll be lucky to get a decent chair. Most of them are falling apart and if you're unlucky enough to get a chair that an overweight person has sat in, your padding will flat and your chair will be shot. The conference rooms are known as "chair graveyards" because all of the worst chairs end up there when people inevitably try to swap their chair for a better one.

A fair portion of quarterly bonuses come down to things that are not under your control. It's supposed to help incent employees into making the company better, but there's no way an engineer can control how many sales are made or improve system uptime when who knows how well other teams are doing.

Literally no one knows how winners are chosen for the yearly Mexico trip. I have asked around and not a single person knows. Of this year's 55 winners, only three (I believe) were from engineering. The vast majority were from sales and marketing.

Outsourced development (partially). We pay a company in Chennai to do some work for us. I have heard they are okay developers, but the teams here in Utah that work with them have to be available nights to help support them. We also bought a development company in Bolivia that has been causing immense pain with their lower quality work. However, due to politics and an effort to save face, management will not get rid of them. If not for the complaints of almost the entire engineering division, inContact's entire primary callcenter product would have been developed by an outsourced company.

Treat your engineers like actual people, and not just like resources to be paid for work. We are building your platform, and the word we get from you (if anything) is that we are not important.

11. Great Place to Grow

I have been working at inContact full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- The company is in a hyper-growth period and management is very willing to invest and test to figure out how to grow the business. This type of buy-in from senior leadership is rare, and its the reason I joined inContact and why I remain optimistic about its future.
    - A lot of employees in all departments are able to work remotely. This helps them recruit top talent from all across the country.

Cons

- Improve communications about the future of the company. At times, decisions and plans trickle down weeks or months later to lower level team members

- Continue to be willing to take risks and let employees fail smartly. It's a great way for the both employees and the company to grow.
    - Listen to criticism about how performance is tracked and measured