inContact Reviews

Reset
3.8
inContact President, CEO, and Director Paul Jarman
Paul Jarman

Pros
  • We can work from home on Wednesday (in 5 reviews)

• It's as diverse a work environment Utah has to offer (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing at a rate that is hard to keep up with (in 5 reviews)

• It seems that upper management needs to be more aligned (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A Great Company To Build Your Career

Former Employee - Director Services Operations in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Director Services Operations in Midvale, UT

I worked at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been lucky to be part of two software companies and a big four consulting firm, and inContact is a wonderful place to be. When evaluating the culture of a company, it's useful to first look at the executive team, especial the CEO. Culture flows down from there. Paul Jarman is a CEO who wants not only the company to succeed but the individual employee. He's competitive and works hard to establish inContact as #1, which is a fun place to be. But he's also personable, has a wife and children, and understands the idea of work/life balance. He's approachable and willing to talk with employees. As a result, that culture bleeds into the executive team. There is no special executive parking area or suite in the building. Sr. Leaders are spread out throughout the building or remote, which gives it a team feel. Former employees often return because of the family-friendly culture that emphasizes that we're not perfect, we need to get better, and that strives to be the best. inContact is also very passionate about the success of the customer. Additionally, this is a place that respects good ideas and grows employees. I've seen numerous examples of employees being promoted up through the ranks, even to Sr. Management. I highly recommend inContact as a future employer.

Cons

inContact is not perfect and has it's fair share of areas to improve. The product is getting better all the time and we recently hired a new human resources executive to help in areas of people development and compensation.

Advice to Management

Continue to execute and learn to say "no" in some cases to opportunities. Although difficult, it will help the company focus on success for the long run.

2. Good place to work - can become great

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

Great technology, great solutions to offer customers. Great people to work with - as in, some of the best I've ever worked with. Always work hard, and try to help each other in spite of the constant busy-ness. Selling a ton. Beating the competition.

Cons

Up until now, the company strategy has been unclear - trying to grow a certain % or achieving a certain revenue number is not exactly the vision/strategy that can inspire greatness. A lot of growing pains. Small company trying to grow up in processes, practices and approach - it can be a painful evolution. We will get there, but it takes time and patience to get there. Company executives need to be more willing to stay the course, and not veer off for the latest/greatest shiny object.

Anonymous

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

Company is filled with smart people and is growing fast. Lot's of room for growth as the company continues to accelerate. Executive leadership is highly competent and credible. Rapid growth, market leader delivering a solution set with highly tangible differentiators relative to competition - makes for a very fun ride!

Cons

No cons to speak of from my perspective. It is a fast moving, nimble environment which means that if you're most comfortable in a static, status-quo environment this probably isn't the place for you.

Good, not great

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. I think Paul Jarman really cares about the employees.

Cons

Politics. Management by intimidation and bullying. Lack of transparency. Ridiculous performance expectations and shifting priorities. Too much time spent in meetings to discuss how we manage/prove that work is getting done.

Advice to Management

Focus. Stop treating employees like children and treat them with respect.

Good Place to Learn And Grow

Former Employee - Expert Services Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Expert Services Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of fun people to work with. Tons of opportunities to learn new technologies and skills. Good opportunities to move around the company and get into the position you like and can move up in.

Cons

Work load is pretty heavy and stressful.

Great company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at inContact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Engaged in building a better product, attentive to new practices and methodologies. From a dev shop perspective they are always moving forward with both tools and culture

Cons

Still struggling to leave behind the telecom business aspect when I last worked there. Sometimes the right now business could get in the way of building the right thing.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing, and working towards being a truly technology based company. You have made good progress, just keep going.

Great Company. Easy to make a difference if you try

Current Employee - Marketing Department in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Department in Midvale, UT

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is top notch. Technology is exciting and challenging. Makes me want to come to work every day because I learn something new and get to solve problems that really matter. If you want to make a difference it is easy to do and there are a lot of opportunities to lead and influence the environment for the better. The people are amazing and will do anything for each other.

Cons

Benefits need to improve in order to retain top talent. There seems to be a tendency to assume that current employees are satisfied with benefit packages and compensation, but it is not hard to find better benefits and higher pay in other tech companies in Utah. Try adding stock grants as part of annual bonus/performance review.

Advice to Management

Take a breath and evaluate how we are using all of the new employees? Growth for growth's sake is not sustainable. Don't over look raises and promotions in an effort to just add headcount.

Review

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at inContact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. Good people. Good culture. Not super corporate. Beer Fridays! They feed you well too.

Cons

Stressful sometimes. High demands from clients that are way outside of normal support boundaries. On-call is awful but it is IT support so what can you do.

Advice to Management

Be more clear with expectations. Train your staff better. Stop overpaying people who aren't any good. Stop underpaying those who are good at their jobs.

10. Past employee

I worked at inContact

Pros

Greatest people I have ever worked with - bright,kind and dedicated.

Cons

Leadership team is not a team.

11. Fantastic

I have been working at inContact full-time

Pros

I've worked at InContact for several years, and have very much enjoyed every minute of it. It's a company I've referred 10 other people to over the years and a place that I plan to stay long term. The people, culture, and growth are all fun and exciting.

Cons

In such a growth industry, our business is constantly struggling with a huge amount of work and not enough people to do it. It's a great problem to have, but it's tough to keep up with the amount of hiring necessary vs the amount of work coming in. I often tell the sales team they need to take a quarter off.

Advice to Management

We could definitely do better at hiring ahead of the curve instead of behind the curve. There is often a challenge with keeping up with the amount of new hires we need for the amount of work we have.

RSS Feed </> Embed