inVentiv Clinical

Add Photos

inVentiv Clinical CFO Ray Sherwood

Ray Sherwood

Poor Infrastructure, but flexible schedule

ProsThe flexibility of scheduling is a great perk, specifically the telecommute option.

ConsPoor infrastructure. Merger was not at all seamless, causing an abudance of frustration and inefficiency.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLocation was great, before this location was closed

ConsUnprofessional Management, they were not sure of corporate vision.

Good intentions....horrific execution...

Business Development (Former Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsExcellent earning potential
    Ability to work from home.
    Flexible schedule (work-life balance)
    Former i3 Global employee

ConsMerger issues still exist after 2 years. IT outsourced caused many good people to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to those that you are managing. Which includes listening. Make more decisive decisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very independent work environment

Prosvery independent work environment, employees given a lot of trust and autonomy to make decisions. Some employees offered work from home capability

ConsTraining lacking, not provided close guidance at any step of the way. Lots of change constantly

Review of the Employer Today

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood Support from Senior Management

ConsCompetitive environment, work hard always

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Profitable

"Integrating Company with Good Intentions"

Recruiter (Current Employee) Lake Mary, FL

ProsAbove average earning potential
    Flexible schedule (work-life balance)
    Good office locations

ConsHorrendous IT infrastructure (that has been recently outsourced)
    Top-Down perspective from upper management
    Cost/quality of Health Benefits for consultants is way too high

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the feedback from current consultants on what to change and escalate feedback to decision makers to improve company.

No opportunity for advancement

Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsNothing. I am a field monitor, and in my geographical region, there is no room for advancement because every company needs a field monitor here. Not sure about the pay scale for new hires. I was on-board under Kforce, then inVentiv took it over in April 2012, so I don't know what the new hires are getting.

ConsBenefits, benefits, benefits! They cut to the bone with 2013's open enrollment. They will NOT hold on to employees with these cuts. Culture/values are that the company does not value its employees, despite the sunshine they're blowing-up everybody's bum.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. CROs are competative when it comes to field monitors, and many offer much better benefits than inVentiv. You've got some nerve telling your employees during a CORPORATE WIDE TELECON how much money was made, and then expect me to be ok with you cutting my benefits (health insurance, vacation days, and salary increases). How stupid do you think your employees are?

inVentiv Clinical review

IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood company to work for until the Migration of Pharmanet-i3. Have been with inVentiv for over two years now and don't have really any complaints except to the fact they chose to outsource their IT to another company and in return I am losing my job.

ConsBudget cut backs, minimal raises due to acquiring i3 and Pharmanet early this year. The company use have Holiday gathering for their employees. Due to budget cut backs they have stopped and do minimal for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter acquiring Pharmanet-i3 the IT Management has not done a good job in managing the continuous issues with IT in return losing many good people and also people who have been with the company for several years due to ongoing issues with IT Support. I also feel they used poor management when the 3 companies came together and continue to work as 3 separate companies A year wasted as they should been close to being done with the three migrations to make the company as one and functioning as one. Instead of answering questions head on they have continued to steer around the question and give indirect answers. Paul Meister , CEO in the recent past has had recorded meetings that he has not been present for to take questions as well as giving his personal phone number to call him if you had suggestions on how to make the company better. Of course it was leave your message and he would call you back if you were important enough to talk to.

They are most interested in the bottom line and not how well the employees perform.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Mary, FL

ProsHigher than average earning potential
    Good Locations

Poor Morale
    Lack of a Career Path
    Expensive Benefits
    Compensation plan changes yearly
    Angst due to recent mergers and acquisitions

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that you make more deliberate and decisive decisions on the current strategy and direction of the company.

supportive line management but raining prospects poor and administrative tasks cumbersome.

Clinical Study Manager (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

ProsWas allowed to work from home

ConsLow salaries and low salary increases.

Worked for inVentiv Clinical? Contribute to the Community!