inVentiv Health

Updated January 24, 2015
3.1

inVentiv Health Chairman and CEO Paul M. Meister
Paul M. Meister

Pros
  • Very positive work atmosphere, Options for career advancement, Work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• The only pro: ability to work from home in some departments (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • no one responds to emails, raises an bonuses are nil to non-existent (in 8 reviews)

• VERY few people in the home office/upper management to actually help out the field with issues/questions/information (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

inVentiv

Former Employee - Help Desk in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Outsourced the help desk overseas.

Consider keeping help desk in-house.

Good contract work

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at inVentiv Health

Pros

Fair pay
    Company car
    Fast hiring process
    Nice managers

Cons

Temporary work
    Expensive benefits
    Not a lot of room for growth

Keep the best people

Patient Access Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay
    Easy to get in
    Opportunity to move up in company

Cons

Tacky management
    Rushed Training
    Lack of communication between employees and management

Please read - EVERY OUNCE OF HONESTY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE

Former Employee - Customer Service/Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot and you are helping people that desperately need their medications. Training that is pretty good. Some, only some co-workers are helpful. Some nice seasonal events and catered picnics/food. The clients / and patients were nice to talk to - this made your day go by faster.

Cons

Working in the call center is like working on the bottom barrel of the TITANIC. You get treated condescendingly by many supervisors if you are not "one" of their favorites. There are a couple supervisors on that floor.......who are just down right awful. They do not know how to manage, they themselves do not know, the main frame in support system that we work on. I feel the supervisors should spend couple weeks of training themselves. They DO NOT PRACTICE themselves what they preach. All the supervisors are friends with the director and asst. director - so don't think you can get to one of them without the Supervisor's wrath or close scrutiny on you. It's all about who you know in this place. The program coordinators are the ones who know their informational content and knowledge and I feel that they should be promoted. But, instead due to favoritism and clique like behavior by supervisors and some management - if they don't like you from the beginning - then, you will not be able to move up the ladder. You will see a familiar method of tyranny here. They hire about 15 or so, new TEMP employees their every year to get the back log of work that always builds up their - AND THEY let go about 5 to 10 employees every few months. It's a constant repetitive cycle that goes from shore to shore to endless shore. There is no way you can win here (even though you keep your mouth shut, and just do your work). They promise you the world, but due to favoritism only certain individuals get passed the system. Otherwise, please save yourself and do not get stuck in the call center. Most importantly, there are certain amounts of calls you take - and they put ridiculous numbers on you just because the very few top 3 take those amount of calls. However, if you WANT TO DO QUALITY WORK - THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN ANSWER 80 TO 90 CALLS PER DAY. The reason being is they also want you to focus on the person on the phone (which in the gist of our day - we are there to educate, do the technical work on their account, and many clients /patients have many questions and concerns that you want to gladly help). Management has unrealistic expectations and CONSTANTLY badger you. But, once again only to those few individuals only. It's a very unfair system. There are other people there who have write ups - but they do not get fired due to once again favoritism. I worked there for a little more than one year and have noticed outrageous behavior by the supervising team, phoniness and greediness from some fellow co-workers (it was a take take take take mentality). They also have ridiculous overtime rules - and even when you come in on YOUR OWN PERSONAL TIME ON THE WEEKENDS THEY HAMMER YOU DOWN AND FORCE YOU TO GO HOME IF YOU DON'T PROCESS A CERTAIN # OF WORK and applications. There is a lot more I would like to say - but can not, due to the rules here.

TRY PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH. Focus on the quality of work rather than the ridiculous stringent micro management that you do there. Stop trying to control every aspect of the incoming phone call. Customer Service is "customer focused" ....as long as the customer is happy and you/we as an employee did the right job and gave the wow, incredible service that we always give .......DO NOT NIT PICK APART YOUR EMPLOYEE JUST BECAUSE another dept. wants to do their compliance job ! If there is not a problem and the work is getting done and the quality is wonderful - JUST focus on QUALITY rather than QUANTITY. AND RESPECT AND LOVE YOUR EMPLOYEE. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE EMPLOYEES - YOU AS A MANAGER, SUPERVISOR, OR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND DIRECTOR WOULD NOT HAVE THE JOB/POSITION THAT YOU DO !!! BE HUMAN - that is the business you are in. Respect all members of staff - and stop picking your favorites ! Focus on positive attributes of each employee as an individual instead of picking a few favorite members !

Good Work While It Lasts

Current Employee - Source Force Representative in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Source Force Representative in Edison, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

inVentiv Health supplies comprehensive benefits packages (depending on your position, I'm sure), excellent training and a wide range of opportunities to choose from, should you qualify.

Cons

It's contract work, so there is always the lingering possibility that you will be without a job any day. This is the case in the commercial department. We found out on Halloween while we were in the field that hundreds of people on the project would all be without work by December 31st.

Too much work, Too little pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

Lots of over time, nice people to work with

Cons

compensation, 100+ inbound calls while processing applications, breaks were short

Fantastic experience as a Consultant!

Former Employee - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

inVentiv Health is a fantastic company! I was fortunate enough to be on a 6 month contract in the Recruitment Department. The people, the culture, and the work have been extremely enjoyable. It was an absolute pleasure to work with such a fantastic group of people, and I am sorry to see it end, but I hope to return shortly.

Cons

The only challenge I faced was the distance of my commute, but that was by choice, and because I enjoyed coming to work, I did not mind the drive.

Keep doing what you are doing! I have been in recruiting for over 15 years, and this is by far one of the best experiences in a company I have ever had.

Challenging work environment

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We help people and the teams are great

Cons

Senior Leadership often autocratic and demeaning

Take some Leadership Training and pass what you learned down to the rest of the team

Lots of growth opportunity!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to get involved in many aspects of Recruiting and have learned so much. There is opportunity to participate in various trainings to better myself and the organization as a whole. There is also a strong sense of teamwork where we all help each other out.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the excessive workload.

Open communication is critical. Always make sure the work can be done in the timeline provided.

Collaborative Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Very approachable, intelligent staff and managers. Solid business objectives and direction. Continual learning and training. Enjoy work-life balance. Manager gives recognition to a job well done. Wonderful co-workers.

Cons

Some tight deadlines but that comes with the territory.

Continue to inform and enlighten current employees (town meetings are terrific and motivating). Continue to hold events that are fun and show appreciation.

inVentiv Health Photos