inVentiv Health

Updated October 30, 2014
3.1

inVentiv Health Chairman and CEO Paul M. Meister
Paul M. Meister

Pros
  • Very positive work atmosphere, Options for career advancement, Work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• The only pro: ability to work from home in some departments (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • no one responds to emails, raises an bonuses are nil to non-existent (in 8 reviews)

• VERY few people in the home office/upper management to actually help out the field with issues/questions/information (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fantastic experience as a Consultant!

Former Employee - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

inVentiv Health is a fantastic company! I was fortunate enough to be on a 6 month contract in the Recruitment Department. The people, the culture, and the work have been extremely enjoyable. It was an absolute pleasure to work with such a fantastic group of people, and I am sorry to see it end, but I hope to return shortly.

Cons

The only challenge I faced was the distance of my commute, but that was by choice, and because I enjoyed coming to work, I did not mind the drive.

Keep doing what you are doing! I have been in recruiting for over 15 years, and this is by far one of the best experiences in a company I have ever had.

Challenging work environment

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We help people and the teams are great

Cons

Senior Leadership often autocratic and demeaning

Take some Leadership Training and pass what you learned down to the rest of the team

Lots of growth opportunity!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to get involved in many aspects of Recruiting and have learned so much. There is opportunity to participate in various trainings to better myself and the organization as a whole. There is also a strong sense of teamwork where we all help each other out.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the excessive workload.

Open communication is critical. Always make sure the work can be done in the timeline provided.

Collaborative Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very approachable, intelligent staff and managers. Solid business objectives and direction. Continual learning and training. Enjoy work-life balance. Manager gives recognition to a job well done. Wonderful co-workers.

Cons

Some tight deadlines but that comes with the territory.

Continue to inform and enlighten current employees (town meetings are terrific and motivating). Continue to hold events that are fun and show appreciation.

Decent Job for the meantime.

Current Employee - Patient Access Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Patient Access Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very comfortable enviroment. People are friendly. Depending on which client you are assinged to the workload seems fair enough to keep the clock ticking until you leave.

Cons

Been contracted as temp for over six months and have learned three programs, meanwhile people who are here permanent only perform on one program and do the bare minimum and receive fulltime benifits. Salaries are below national average. Even if offered a permanent position and receive benifits I fear that I would still break even with my bills at the end of the day, and living in NJ salary is a huge factor.

Offer livable wages. NJ is an exspensive state. All work and no play demoralizesemployee moral.

Positive place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

InVentiv is a happy and positive place to work. Upper management is very supportive and will never let you fail.
    I have found complete satisfaction in the 10 years I have spent with inVentiv Health.

Cons

The nature of our business is fast pace which can be a "con" at times but unavoidable.

Keep doing what you're doing because it is working! Excellence has always been our standard.

Great company, great people!

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started right out of college in our HR department then moved over to Recruiting after 1.5 years. I was them promoted within 1.5 years to my current role. Very supportive and caring co-workers and managers, constant training/development opportunities, and good benefits (Paid time off, 401k & matching plan, paid holidays, flexible work scheduling when necessary).

Cons

the company is still restructuring as a whole to align some of the divisions and departments within the divisions so there is some disconnect in processes and knowledge between the divisions.

have departments sit together to agree upon contract/client terms so that the outcome can be favorable for everyone.

A company of great potential that offers some good oppurtunities.

Current Employee - Researcher in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Researcher in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people and environment are great. They treat their employees well, even to a lowly intern like me. Makes you feel good coming to work, especially if you get put in a good team.

Cons

Sometimes, a little all-over the place.

Lots of employee turnover at all levels

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are comparable to many other companies with regard to health insurance, vacation and 401K plans. Located convenient to major roads.

Cons

There has been a lot of employee turnover lately and the atmosphere is not very positive amongst employees. It has also been hard to get vacation approved even when requested six months ahead. Workload is at a constant high which is quite stressful.

Treat the employees like you care about their contributions and that they are a valuable asset to the company. Many feel like they are of no real value and can easily be replaced.

A positive, friendly environment

Current Employee - Contractor Research Associate in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Contractor Research Associate in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is very welcoming and friendly. Employees are easily approachable and willing to help. As a returning employee, inVentiv Health is very accommodating.

Cons

I was under the impression I would be given a higher hourly rate, however, with a limited budget, I was not given the amount I was originally told.

inVentiv Health Photos