inVentiv Health Reviews

Reset
3.6
inVentiv Health Chairman and CEO Paul M. Meister
Paul M. Meister

Pros
  • Upper management also values work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

• The only pro: ability to work from home in some departments (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There were senior leaders that were allowed to tell employees that no one liked them and they knew more than they did (in 8 reviews)

• VERY few people in the home office/upper management to actually help out the field with issues/questions/information (in 7 reviews)

1. Good opportunity

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Customer Service Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Customer Service Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health (More than a year)

Pros

They hire good people.
    Training was very good

Cons

Contracts are not stable
    Did not help with finding job after sudden loss of contract

2. Don't get hired as a temp!

Current Contractor - Reimbursement Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Current Contractor - Reimbursement Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay
    - Laid back work atmosphere
    - ....That's it

Cons

- Horrible training
    - No room for growth (unless you've been there MANY years)
    - Seldom recognized for hard work
    - The whole "temp" thing is awful and should be illegal. They hire almost everyone as a "temp", tell them that they will "move to permanent eventually as long as you do a good job" but it never happens. You receive no benefits, could be let go at any given time because the time frame for temps is "indefinite", and you're supposed to be okay with that.
    I've been a temp for almost 6 months now and I'm told/have been told the same thing since I started...that "we are looking to move people to full-time/permanent now"....still has not happened (for me as well as the temps around me). We are all in the process of looking for new jobs now. Have fun finding a whole bunch of new temps!

Advice to Management

The "indefinite" temp thing is honestly close to being illegal. A temp is someone who works for a specific period of time, such as 2-3 months, then they either move to perm/get a promotion, or they are let go. You don't keep someone as a temp for years and years. It is just simply cruel. If you're wondering why the turnover for your company is so high...newsflash...this is why.

3. Do NOT sign on with this company to be hired as a temp!!!

Former Contractor - Reimbursement Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Former Contractor - Reimbursement Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay
    - Extremely laid back atmosphere/work environment
    - Modern technology/equipment

Cons

- Horrible training (if any at all)
    - All they hire are TEMPS with an end date that is "indefinite" meaning they can keep you as a temp for as long as they want with no benefits, etc. and then let you go. DO NOT fall for this as it is literally a trap. Temps are continuously told they are "most likely going to go full time, just keep doing what you're doing" but it never happens. I was told those exact words 2 months ago, and was told the same thing by ANOTHER supervisor just the other day! Are these people robots?

Advice to Management

Get it together. You offer a good pay, but this whole "temp" thing is pretty unethical, and in the long run, it's really dumb because it's only going to end up hurting your company.

5. inVentiv

Former Employee - Help Desk in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Outsourced the help desk overseas.

Advice to Management

Consider keeping help desk in-house.

Please read - EVERY OUNCE OF HONESTY BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE

Former Employee - Customer Service/Specialist in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot and you are helping people that desperately need their medications. Training that is pretty good. Some, only some co-workers are helpful. Some nice seasonal events and catered picnics/food. The clients / and patients were nice to talk to - this made your day go by faster.

Cons

Working in the call center is like working on the bottom barrel of the TITANIC. You get treated condescendingly by many supervisors if you are not "one" of their favorites. There are a couple supervisors on that floor.......who are just down right awful. They do not know how to manage, they themselves do not know, the main frame in support system that we work on. I feel the supervisors should spend couple weeks of training themselves. They DO NOT PRACTICE themselves what they preach. All the supervisors are friends with the director and asst. director - so don't think you can get to one of them without the Supervisor's wrath or close scrutiny on you. It's all about who you know in this place. The program coordinators are the ones who know their informational content and knowledge and I feel that they should be promoted. But, instead due to favoritism and clique like behavior by supervisors and some management - if they don't like you from the beginning - then, you will not be able to move up the ladder. You will see a familiar method of tyranny here. They hire about 15 or so, new TEMP employees their every year to get the back log of work that always builds up their - AND THEY let go about 5 to 10 employees every few months. It's a constant repetitive cycle that goes from shore to shore to endless shore. There is no way you can win here (even though you keep your mouth shut, and just do your work). They promise you the world, but due to favoritism only certain individuals get passed the system. Otherwise, please save yourself and do not get stuck in the call center. Most importantly, there are certain amounts of calls you take - and they put ridiculous numbers on you just because the very few top 3 take those amount of calls. However, if you WANT TO DO QUALITY WORK - THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN ANSWER 80 TO 90 CALLS PER DAY. The reason being is they also want you to focus on the person on the phone (which in the gist of our day - we are there to educate, do the technical work on their account, and many clients /patients have many questions and concerns that you want to gladly help). Management has unrealistic expectations and CONSTANTLY badger you. But, once again only to those few individuals only. It's a very unfair system. There are other people there who have write ups - but they do not get fired due to once again favoritism. I worked there for a little more than one year and have noticed outrageous behavior by the supervising team, phoniness and greediness from some fellow co-workers (it was a take take take take mentality). They also have ridiculous overtime rules - and even when you come in on YOUR OWN PERSONAL TIME ON THE WEEKENDS THEY HAMMER YOU DOWN AND FORCE YOU TO GO HOME IF YOU DON'T PROCESS A CERTAIN # OF WORK and applications. There is a lot more I would like to say - but can not, due to the rules here.

Advice to Management

TRY PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH. Focus on the quality of work rather than the ridiculous stringent micro management that you do there. Stop trying to control every aspect of the incoming phone call. Customer Service is "customer focused" ....as long as the customer is happy and you/we as an employee did the right job and gave the wow, incredible service that we always give .......DO NOT NIT PICK APART YOUR EMPLOYEE JUST BECAUSE another dept. wants to do their compliance job ! If there is not a problem and the work is getting done and the quality is wonderful - JUST focus on QUALITY rather than QUANTITY. AND RESPECT AND LOVE YOUR EMPLOYEE. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE EMPLOYEES - YOU AS A MANAGER, SUPERVISOR, OR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AND DIRECTOR WOULD NOT HAVE THE JOB/POSITION THAT YOU DO !!! BE HUMAN - that is the business you are in. Respect all members of staff - and stop picking your favorites ! Focus on positive attributes of each employee as an individual instead of picking a few favorite members !

7. Patient Access Specialist

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Somerset, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay
    Easy to get in
    Opportunity to move up in company

Cons

Tacky management
    Rushed Training
    Lack of communication between employees and management

Fantastic experience as a Consultant!

Former Contractor - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ
    Former Contractor - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

inVentiv Health is a fantastic company! I was fortunate enough to be on a 6 month contract in the Recruitment Department. The people, the culture, and the work have been extremely enjoyable. It was an absolute pleasure to work with such a fantastic group of people, and I am sorry to see it end, but I hope to return shortly.

Cons

The only challenge I faced was the distance of my commute, but that was by choice, and because I enjoyed coming to work, I did not mind the drive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I have been in recruiting for over 15 years, and this is by far one of the best experiences in a company I have ever had.

Too much work, Too little pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Somerset, NJ

I worked at inVentiv Health

Pros

Lots of over time, nice people to work with

Cons

compensation, 100+ inbound calls while processing applications, breaks were short

10. Challenging work environment

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We help people and the teams are great

Cons

Senior Leadership often autocratic and demeaning

Advice to Management

Take some Leadership Training and pass what you learned down to the rest of the team

Lots of growth opportunity!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at inVentiv Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to get involved in many aspects of Recruiting and have learned so much. There is opportunity to participate in various trainings to better myself and the organization as a whole. There is also a strong sense of teamwork where we all help each other out.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the excessive workload.

Advice to Management

Open communication is critical. Always make sure the work can be done in the timeline provided.

RSS Feed </> Embed