incapsulate

Ajay Batish

Professional growth beyond measure

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Washington, DC

Pros

I enjoyed my time at incapsulate because of the mentorship I recieved from management, the family-feel of the company, and the satisfaction of doing meaningful work. I was guided towards books to read for my professional development. There was a lot of flexibility so long as my work didn't slip. I was challenged and grew beyond what I thought was my potential. I never experienced any racism or cronyism on the projects I worked on. I worked with incredibly intelligent people and am proud of my humble contribution to the projects I worked on. It's a great place to work if you enjoy meaningful work and are looking to grow.

Cons

Those who wish to skirt by spending 2 hours at lunch or chatting by the water cooler will not do well here. You do need to have good time management skills and draw clean lines of when your available and when not because there is always a lot of work to be done. I experienced some change in management on the projects I worked on which wasn't super smooth but, it was resolved within a couple months.

Continue mentorship activities. Make sure the project leadership staff understand the customer well.

Small, tight-knit company who works hard.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

Pros

Incapsulate is the definition of teamwork. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure that I understand the task at hand and gives me constructive feedback. Also, as a part-time employee, I love my flexible schedule and the easy-going environment. Hard work is expected and this company makes you want to work hard for them.

Cons

The new training program is great, but with all of the advice that is offered, sometimes I am told different things by different people.

I would suggest a short monthly review to see how I'm doing and what I can improve on.

Rewarding, Satisfying and Motivated!!!

Pros

Rewarding: If you want to grow and are not afraid of challenges this is the place to be. Small company with an amazing staff and support system
    Satisfying: Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with. Management and fellow employees are totally invested in helping you succeed.
    Motivated: If you are a Change Agent, Driven and Results Oriented then you will fit right in. I am always amazed at the new technologies and methodologies I am constantly learning. Management allows me to move quickly and provides me with the tools to succeed

Cons

Incorporate training and personal development in performance goals

We work from home and at client sites so it would be great to have more company sponsored social events

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small company with good growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, close relationship with top management, freedom to organize your work, good people to work with, small consulting company that does not treat you as the big ones...

Cons

Dependent on few key people, could do better on work/life balance

Need to extend the clients base to start growing a little faster

Horrible, horrible, horrible

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Pros? Hmm...I guess no one lit me on fire

Cons

If you're not an Indian, you won't survive here. They put all the Indians in management positions. When the client starts scratching their head why nothing is being done, the company fires the workers who are just trying to do their job based on instructions from incompetent management. The issue is still there, but the Indians do whatever they can to get in charge so they can cover up their own bad managing. There's favoritism beyond that too, which makes it worse. This is a company that doesn't believe in teamwork, only backstabbing. This was without a doubt, the WORST environment I ever worked in. People were 6 inches from one another at all times because of the poor working conditions this company didn't even check into before grabbing the contract.

Treat your employees like they matter. Your onsite managers suck. Don't assume just because someone is Indian they know how to communicate because BOTH on my team couldn't communicate tasks or expectations. Don't make the workers suffer simply because you believe in a caste system. This company is going to crash and burn like every other company that's been taken over by caste system Indians, that have no idea what they're doing. I'll be on the sidelines with my popcorn.

Awful compensation, Awful management, Awful company - AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Steady, on-time pay; ability to work from home; medical benefits

Cons

As others have stated: they abuse their employees, they grossly underpay employees (and quite unfair amongst employees with the same title with same qualifications), expect you to work 24/7, they don't respect their employees, they micro-manage and nit-pick (particularly if management don't like you personally) and attempt to demean you with other employees present, management is out of touch and I too firmly believe the company is racist (although it's, ironically, Indian-owned); If you are thinking of joining this company, I would strongly implore you to look elsewhere...particularly you shouldn't waste your time if you are not Caucasian or Indian.

Stop trying to run a slave ship and run a respectable business.

Sweatshop/Mess

Pros

Had some good developers and access to current tools. Allowed employees to work remote.

Cons

Management lives in its own bubble disconnected from the lifestyle inflicted upon its employees.

Employees are treated as though they should be happy to have a job and often overworked. Constant abusing of overtime with their salaried employees.

Company is not meritocratic. Mismatch of position and skill.

Overhaul work/life balance or compensate employees for their time.

Don't join

Pros

Some of the developers were good. But they have all left the company. Salary is paid on time.

Cons

Not a professional company. Management is poor and doesn't care about employees.
    It is racist and they think they own the employees.
    Employees are expected to work 24x7 and management does not even recognize the efforts.
    There is no work-life balance and no respect for human values.

Leadership doesn't care

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

Pros

The line employees are very good. The technology is mostly modern. The software development process is good on some projects.

Cons

This is a sweat shop. Partners and leadership demand that employees work massive overtime but don't pay accordingly. Employees who leave aren't paid for their unused vacation time.

Focus on work life balance

Classic overwork/underpay company

Former Employee - Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Developer in Washington, DC

Pros

Good technology. Some of the .NET developers are good. Most of the work is from home which is nice.

Cons

This company abuses it employees. They take the stance that they own you 24/7. Developers are expected to work at all hours. They have some good .NET developers. However, the non-.NET developers are very weak. Their senior technical staff are very inexperienced.

Give time (or money) back to the employees when they work overtime.

Worked for incapsulate? Contribute to the Community!