inhouseIT

4.0

Glen Ackerman

Crazy fast, gain 4 years of experience in 6 months

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong brand. Externally the exit reads as a runaway success. Can serve as a resume builder

Cons

- No clear vision and bad direction from its leaders. Product launches are never within schedule or products are shipped too quickly without the proper testing.
    - Inexperienced executive management, no real leaders to look up to.
    - Too many egos and wrong individuals appointed to managerial roles.
    - Treats its super star employees as "second class citizens" and those employees are starting to leave the company.
    - Teams are competing against each other instead of working together creating a very hostile environment.
    - Horrible work/life balance. Employes work very long hours and things still don't get done. Management doesn't seem to care about what is happening internally.
    - Bad environment and overall culture.

You will get the opportunity to work with smart people solving real world problems

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leadership throughout the company. They truly believe in their staff and welcome fresh ideas and perspectives.
    They embrace emerging technologies to remain on the cutting edge.

Cons

Politics becomes a part of your everyday pretty quickly as you move up in the company. There is a lot of overhead to get sign off on changes and move forward with something new. They want to be agile, but this is the biggest obstacle in actually being good at it.

There is a lot of pressure for moving up. This is a good thing in a lot of respects, but can be stressful if you find yourself on a competitive team where moving up is difficult, or if you want to coast for a while career wise and focus on other aspects of life. It's not the place you can just do good work and not worry about promotions. If you're not moving up, you are eventually moving out.

VERY hard to make a lot of money
    Strange culture
    Not a true meritocracy - much to do with perception - not always reality.

Business driven company. Good for people who doesn't like to deal with politics

Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros are some people are nice and nonjudgmental. There are benefits after 90 days. Some people are genuine and kind. There are free snacks and drinks. But that's a typical MSP. Creative leadership is excellent.

Cons

Most of the talent fled in 2012 (across all departments). Upper management is based on a bizarre bromance which results in overall organizational chaos and a general unprofessional state of operations. The "strategy" department are clueless and arrogant, which nets poor work.

Reorganize.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Projject Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Projject Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working for inhouseIT. I enjoy traveling around my territory, seeing new places and meeting new people. I enjoy working with my coworkers and most of my customers are great to work with as well. The job can be challenging but there is a great support system in place.

Cons

No formal training on the products. You learn as you go. Mileage reimbursement should be more in line with National standards.

Replace the CFO with someone who can implement system/process improvements, hire better leaders and instill a culture of accountability.

New to the company, great so far

I have been working at inhouseIT

Pros

Great place to work, friendly knowledgeable people. Nice office with team-oriented philosophy. Plenty of parking and very close to the airport.

Cons

No casual Fridays and the need to be in the office everyday is a bit old fashioned. We could use new computers too, we are supposed to lead by example, right?

Casual Fridays and telecommuting.

Fantastic executives, a company with a real vision and care for its employees

Current Employee - Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The executive staff and owners are well organized and caring - they notice strengths in their personnel and find multiple ways to help them flourish. Conversely, instead of quickly jumping the gun and reprimanding me when I made some mistakes, the executives took time out of their day to actually give me advice and guidance on how to improve that really positively impacted my career.

I have been promoted twice in a short amount of time. There are numerous managers and employees that are an absolute joy to work with. The company itself really cares about the culture and often has events that are fun, encouraging frequent in-office and out-office events and holiday parties, without wasting budget. One division has a more open culture than the other, but a lot may have to do with being customer-facing.

Upper management and executives have open doors, and employees are rewarded and given praise in weekly newsletters where due. The weekly newsletters also provide us with news and updates that are great to read.

Advancement opportunities, including horizontal moves if wanted and warranted, are available. The benefits package available here is stellar and did not change for the worse over the years, and perks like travel opportunities or other events are common.

I was in the hospital for an entire month, and then bedridden for another month afterwards, when I was still a relatively new employee years ago. Some companies I have worked for would have given me some sort of grief regarding that, instead InhouseIT fully supported me, sending letters, helping me as with everything they were able to, and welcoming me back with open arms. I was worried about them mentioning it in a negative manner, even in passing during any sort of review or mistake I made, but instead it was like it never happened. To have a new-ish employee out for 2 months-straight and to be so supportive, understanding, was a real relief. I will never forget how well they handled that situation when I was the most vulnerable, and am truly grateful.

Everyone in an executive and management position has a fiery passion for their roles and continually push the company towards new horizons, never sitting stale or stagnant which could case worry or doubt with employees. Everyone knows that we're constantly on the cutting edge, and it's good to know the company isn't resting on its laurels. A lot of IT companies end up with this - some still using Windows XP for example. Instead, InhouseIT is constantly investigating new technologies not just for our clients but for the company as well, which is welcomed.

Finally, the CEO is a founder of a great charity organization. His passion for this charity shines through into InhouseIT and shows that this isn't just a company focused on making money - it's about helping people and taking care of its employees. You can't ask for anything better than that.

Truly, InhouseIT has been an experience that has expanded my career and life in multiple positive ways, and I look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

Employee reviews are sorely needed.

Additional personnel like assistant managers for certain roles would be beneficial.

Keep having an open door policy, promoting from within, and embracing ideas.

Former IT Services Director

Former Employee - Director of IT Services in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Director of IT Services in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at inhouseIT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best support team I have ever had the privilege to work with. Fun place to work, especially Burrito Friday. Exciting and challenging environment. Excellent opportunity to be exposed to and learn a broad base of different technologies.inhouseit. Great customers.

Cons

Xboxes in lunch room need to be upgraded, Xbox one maybe.

Management is actively involving the different teams, in developing better a workplace. Keep involving the teams.

A Company of Professionals all Focused on Growth and Success

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great working environment. All the employees/management are genuinely good people. The synergy created within this organization makes for a very healthy work environment. The changes made over the last year were designed to take this company to the next level and it seems to be working. I took this position because of the corporate culture that was described to me and found it to be true very quickly. The owners seem to truly care about their employees and it shows. They have a clear agenda focused on a core belief of integrity, to grow this company to the next level. I am pleased to be part of this growth.

Cons

This is a tough one. I have never been one to focus on Cons. I believe everyone should take responsibility for their own actions and in retrospect recognize how their own actions affect any outcome that would be considered a Con. This is why I find it so annoying to see some of the other reviews here. Especially from folks that list that they are current employees. Man up and quit if you are unhappy or recognize your responsibility as a human to create your own success. And for those posting that are no longer here, stop being so bitter, your gone for a reason and the company is better for it.

Continue on the path that you have begun. Continue to recognize folks for their hard work and their contribution to the success of the company. Continue to add new solutions that we can offer to our clients.
    .....oh one last thing....Send all the employees to Cabo for a week. (ok that was a joke.)

Great company to work for, learn and grow professionally. Overall, good environment with very supportive employees.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at inhouseIT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Based in Orange County, all work is local and therefore no extensive travel is required. The work environment is excellent and continues to have the small company feeling where you know everybody.

Cons

You have to be able to work independently, in many cases with minimal supervision. Many customers spread through the Orange County area, you will be wearing multiple hats on a daily basis.

Continue to keep an open door to ensure communication with all your employees.

Horrible Company

I worked at inhouseIT full-time

Pros

Most of the co-workers are great.

Cons

No leadership, Executive Team has their own processes and there is no consistency. They don't care for you as an individual and expect a 24/7 commitment.