inlingua International

Updated July 19, 2014
Updated July 19, 2014
3.5

CEO

good company to work for as a temp, or a sideline

Current Employee - Voice Talent  in  Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Voice Talent in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at inlingua International part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are friendly, time is flexible

Cons

projects hours are not stable depending on language demand

Very interesting

Former Employee - Office Administrator  in  Manati, PR
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Manati, PR

I worked at inlingua International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You are able to meet and greet different diversity and cultures

Cons

Most of time at Inlingua I really enjoyed my job, did not find any cons

More marketing

Inlingua language school

I have been working at inlingua International part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, no early morning work

Cons

Low wages even after 5 years

Man up. Too many women in the management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

inLingua Moscow

Former Employee - English Teacher  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - English Teacher in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at inlingua International for less than a year

Pros

Well, at least they pay you (even if it's late), and Moscow is an exciting, fun city

Cons

Working contract that is unfair towards teacher, not much help in acquiring visa, accommodation not as promised (dirty, far, falling apart), split schedule, disorganized, become nasty when you complain to them about the working conditions and threaten to alert your former employers (references)

Start over. Please.

If you have nothing else...but don't stay long

I have been working at inlingua International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good fellow staff, for entry to teaching it works

Cons

pay so-so, not regular, dreadful management

A good place to work for travelers at heart

Former Employee - English Teacher  in  Berlin (Germany)
    Former Employee - English Teacher in Berlin (Germany)

I worked at inlingua International part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverse teaching situations offer teachers interesting work days. There are many different schedules and clients available and management is very helpful when you teach in another country.

Cons

You don't get to meet other co-workers very often

Training for employees to share experiences and ideas would be helpful

Only work here if you cannot find anything else.

I worked at inlingua International full-time

Pros

The only pro is that you can get some real life experience teaching.

Cons

Pay. Working conditions. Corporate culture. You name it.

Pay a living wage. Stop hiring anyone with a heartbeat that is a native speaker.

Great students, good support, okay pay

Former Employee - English Teacher  in  Quito (Ecuador)
    Former Employee - English Teacher in Quito (Ecuador)

I worked at inlingua International full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I taught in Quito, Ecuador, and met such great students. Most of mine were professionals and I would travel to their offices for lessons.
    - Good curriculum with the freedom to adapt it to the needs of your students.
    - My office had a great staff who were as supportive as they could be. Some went above and beyond to help staff get acclimated to a new country.
    - Trainings were either free or paid, I can't remember which, and we were given sufficient materials and could use the copier.
    - I was paid at a higher level than some beginning teachers due to my degree in education and my TEFL certificate (from Oxford for a 60-hour class.)

Cons

- Getting paid only once a month! Really difficult!
    - You really had to push to get enough assignments and hours. Many teachers worked at other schools or did private lessons to supplement their income.
    - Some students cancelled their lessons all the time. Staff was generally helpful in these situations, though. And you still got paid if they did it within a certain time frame.

Find a way to make the payment process easier and more frequent for employees. Perhaps a webform where teachers can log hours and progress reports, and more online curriculum supplements for students and teachers.

Ebbs and flows

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Bangkok (Thailand)

I worked at inlingua International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Decent enough pay when the work was available. Good variety of companies to work at and places to go. The contracts were short enough that you wouldn't get bored at one location.

Cons

There were certainly some lean months. The short(ish) contracts were also a downside, when it rained it poured, but you had to be prepared to last out the times between contracts.

It would be nice to know what is on the horizon work-wise so you can be prepared.

inlingua Singapore: very good memories!

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Teacher in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at inlingua International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The School is very central and it has appropriate facilities: large classrooms that can comfortably accommodate up to 14 students (hardly ever happened to have that many though!) and smaller ones for private lessons. In the staff room, full-time teachers are given their own desk whereas part-time teachers share a spare table big enough for 4-5 people at a time. There are desktop computers available for lesson planning or just checking emails (!) and laptop computers that can be brought in the classroom for teaching. The staff is very friendly and the colleagues are superb. The school offers 13 different languages and teachers come from all over the world. It's a very international environment. Working hours are reasonable and the management tries to keep the workload well-balanced among teachers. Classes are generally in the morning and afternoon although some evenings are required to teach private students. The admin is also friendly and a lot was done to improve the systems. The management is very approachable and receptive to suggestions. There seem to be a good balance between the business aspect of the School and the Educational one. The School is actually run by educationalists and not just business people. Feedback is given on a regular basis and teachers tend to be encouraged to take part in projects to improve standards: updating material, training courses, etc... Training courses are available for teachers to join and regular peer-observations are organised. This is particularly useful in terms of professional development. Class observations from senior members of staff followed by feedback sessions are also conducted to ensure the quality of teaching. The methodology focuses on communication and Student Talking Time is always a priority. The students are generally very motivated as most of them are adults. They seem to be learning and have fun at the same time. The school also organises extra-curricular activities and teachers are welcome to take part. I have very good memories of my time at inlingua Singapore.

Cons

The contract for full-time teachers doesn't include accommodation or air-fares. This is the standard in Singapore though...

Keep up the good work!

Worked for inlingua International? Contribute to the Community!