innoPath

innoPath Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

innoPath President, CEO, and Director John Fazio

John Fazio

Nice place to learn new technologies.

ProsThere are lot of opportunities to learn here be in Server technology or in Android or IOS .
    They keep adding new features to the product and this is good in terms that the team developing it get a good chance of trying out new technologies.

ConsNot much juice left

Sr. Engineering Director

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsExcellent technology and expectation of growth

ConsThe company becomes clap after the new CEO joined.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the new managements who are customer-oriented

Hard to believe this company is still around…..

Engineering (Former Employee)
    Mountain, WV

ProsEasy lifestyle. You really don't have to work very hard and the money was pretty decent. Also meals were provided a couple times a week.

ConsPoor management team. Bad calls on market direction and product direction. The company still pitches itself as a start up but its beeb around for a while and the equity is highly diluted.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No future. Do not waste your time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good about this company

ConsNot having visionary executive team. Very bad

Past the prime..

Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat retirement job, best benefits and no work. Got too bored, spouse lov'd while I worked here, always home on time and no late night or crazy work hours.

ConsNo upside, no direction and micro management. Full of employees who are John's cronies and report back everything. All good folks have left or are leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being micro manager

out in X days where X is a very very short duration

Software Architect (Former Employee)

ProsNone whatsoever. Please see my long list of cons below.

ConsThis is the worst company that I have had the misfortune to work for. It opened up eyes that there could be a company such as this in America, in Silicon Valley, in a capitalist world.
    Who buys their products? The quality of engineers, manager, leadership - the less said the better. It brings up only bile and blood pressure. I should have known when they asked those useless interview questions. That recruiter who steered me this way was unlinked on LinkedIn - that was the first thing I did.
    All these positive comments are coming from somewhere - proabably paid trolls of the HR department of this awful place.
    And to think I chose this over some other offers I had. Wasted another month to get back to work and the emotional scarring will last for years.
    Note: the engineers are insecure - they will not let the new guy on in any documentation or knowledge transfer.
    Any of these guys cannot get a junior engineer job anywhere else or are perhaps stuck in the morass for their Green Card.
    So if you have a mortgage and your spouse left you and you want to commit intellectual and professional suicide, welcome to InnoPath.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and never come back.

Great start then a long steady decline

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)
    Hilton Head Island, SC

ProsOverall, I enjoyed working at InnoPath and thought the people were great. I am still in touch with friends I made while at the company and visit whenever I'm out in the Bay area. I'm giving an overall rating of Neutral because early on I was very satisfied (5 stars) and by the time I left on my own I was very dissatisfied (1 star).

I worked at InnoPath for almost 7 years (2005-2012) and saw significant changes over the years. Initially, the technology was cutting edge and really cool. Employees were excited and energetic. Top three U.S. wireless carriers were our customers. Product roadmap was good with plenty of work to do. Company was growing and new hires into company were good people who wanted to make a difference. Benefits were good to a little above average. Compensation was competitive with the industry (although it was the employees responsibility to negotiate salary increases.)

ConsOnce the founders stepped down and new senior management was brought in, the decline started. John is an energetic and passionate CEO. However, he micro manages every aspect of the company and stifles any innovation and creativity. It's his way or not at all. HR did a fantastic job of hiring excellent talent which went to waste. Sales was handcuffed from the top and expected to enforce John's will against better judgment and recommendations. Key Tier 1 carrier customers were alienated and lost because John would not let his Sales team do what they did best - understand and manage the customer relationship. From that point on, it was a steady decline as morale sank and the long term company vision became unclear. The company had a legitimate chance of going public or being acquired early on but the actions of senior management squandered that golden opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Managers - Let your managers and employees think and make decisions for themselves.

Company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI do not see any pros

ConsSingle person run the company. No process and no high quality staffs

startup mobile company, good opportunity

Prosa startup with great team, great passion

Consproduct management, the market direction of the product

Very bad. Do not consider it unless you are desperate.

Sunnyvale, CA

ProsMobile space which is hot.

Cons- Dwindling business
    - Lack of product/ business direction
    - Marketing sham when selling company prospects to new hire and fooling current employees.
    - No leadership, managers are puppets in hands of CEO who is a micro-manager but has killed all the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoes it have any management?

Worked for innoPath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at innoPath reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for innoPath CEO John Fazio. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by innoPath employees.