itelligence Reviews

itelligence President and CEO Steve Niesman
Steve Niesman

1. Great Culture

I have been working at itelligence full-time

Pros

I wanted to share some thoughts to provide my perspective - especially in light of some of the recent changes. Restructurings are very difficult on both sides. In order to ensure itelligence is a healthy company in light of increasingly competitive global bill rates/salaries and in light of SAP's evolving partner model, they had to adjust staff. I have only been here 18 months as part of the Aster acquisition. Everyone at itelligence is friendly and willing to help. Benefits are very good - PTO and health. The mgmt. team has made some acquisitions and is learning how to successfully integrate them as a result of mistakes they made with previous acquisitions. The Aster acquisition has been successful and they have given the Aster mgmt. wide latitude of control which has been a key aspect to the success.

Cons

Internal tools. The revenue growth has prohibited itelligence from spending money on internal tools. That is starting to change and I am hopeful that we will get Concur. We use SuccessFactors which is cutting edge and easy to use.

Advice to Management

Communicate early and often. Invest in tools like Concur. Hold on to the work/life balance that we enjoy.

2. Challenges for sure, but transparent with strategy for growth and opportunity

I have been working at itelligence

Pros

Recent reviews were too biased so I felt a need to be more objective -- Transparent management team; focused on new products/solutions rather than holding on to existing technologies; good blend of mid-sized company feel and large company opportunity; try to promote from within when possible (all jobs are posted for open interview)

Cons

Profitability challenges lead to some short term cost cutting decisions; growth in new areas and in India but lagging areas had some lay offs (30 in USA); expectation for new skill development is hard when full time billable to customers

Advice to Management

Help us understand better what we are doing as a company to get through this cycle of transition from old to new products while maintaining our best employees and our culture (I joined and have stayed for the culture)

3. Some facts

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at itelligence

Pros

Very good employer to work for, dynamic and on top of the latest trends and developments

Cons

Remote in management, not a lot of communication

Advice to Management

communicate, communicate

5. Positive Growth Company

I have been working at itelligence full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Transparent, Great Team of SAP Consultants, Pragmatic approach, Passion

Cons

Changing Marketplace, SAP Changing Channel in the General Business

6. A lot of fake reviews to uppen the ratings...

Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at itelligence full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Decent PTO, health and 401k plans - O.K. pay - Great colleagues

Cons

- Management with no vision - No vision needed ad the complete takeover by NTT is coming soon - Management incapable of resource planning - Offshoring all and everything to India - Only focus and driver is EBIT - Culture is down the drain

Advice to Management

Retire and stop writing your own reviews here that do not reflect reality. The morale is down the drain and people that you did not already fire are looking to get out of the sinking ship as soon as possible.

7. Decent Consulting company

Current Employee - SAP Basis Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - SAP Basis Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at itelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is very open and relaxed. Upper management interact with other employees quite regularly which makes the atmosphere very easy going.

Cons

It seems like twice a year there is a spike in layoff's but that is expected in the consultant world. It feels like upper management keep getting promoted while everyone else fight for their jobs. - Employee Event cut - Bonus cut - The small company feel has been overrun by corporate bottom line

Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at itelligence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you a consultant that really knows SAP and understands the move to HANA there is an opportunity to make a difference because nobody else in the company does.

Cons

Beware the layoffs that happen every six months at a minimum. Tenured or just hired it doesn't matter. 35 people let go this June with not a single manager effected.

Advice to Management

Start looking at yourselves for the company's poor performance. Lack of a company strategy isn't the employees fault.

9. good

Current Employee - Consultants in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Consultants in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at itelligence full-time

Pros

- highly experienced co-workers - good pay - flexible hours. - good benefits - international culture - can do attitude

Cons

- tools need to be improved - sr management needs to be more involved with consultants career paths

Advice to Management

communicate early and often.

Don't do it

I worked at itelligence full-time

Pros

This company had very good leadership and direction at one point. I would say that was probably at least 3-5 years ago. They do focus specifically on SAP, so that gives them a good concentration in one area. There are many talented consultants there, but many have left.

Cons

The SAP industry has been fairly steady over the years. Different technologies within that arena have come and gone, but there have always been good opportunities to succeed. itelligence does not adapt to those changes well. They DO NOT take care of their employees. They have gone through several restructures and resource reductions leaving many people without jobs. The short-sighted management allows this to happen year after year. Treating their employees like they are not valued. They have attempted to purchase other technology companies and failed horribly at integrating them into their own process. They do not use the technology well within their own organization to be able to "drink the SAP Kool-Aid" so to speak. They fail to train/invest in their people. It is all about the bottom line with no focus on the person. Being a consulting company and their "commodity" is their people, they do not treat them like that. If you have a product, you want to invest in it. If you treat it poorly, you will have a bad product. That is what happens there. If you are looking for a job here, "don't do it".

Advice to Management

I now work for a competitor, so please keep doing what you are doing.

11. Project team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

I worked at itelligence (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office and location in Cincinnati

Cons

Lack of good management, poorly ran by people who get promoted for no reason.

Advice to Management

Get rid and start fresh

RSS Feed </> Embed