kate spade

kate spade Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

kate spade Co-President and COO Craig Leavitt

Craig Leavitt

Pros
  • Have great benefits, plus a great discount, as well as a ton of growth opportunity(in 19 reviews)

• Great employee discount on uniform and for family & friends(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • They bring in outside talent to fill upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Commission structure only started one month before I left, pay raises were not given(in 6 reviews)

Amazing company to work for

Management (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFantastic career development and growth, great pay and benefits and compelling discount. This company really embraces a supportive collection of core values that they live through daily. Everyone from store teams, corporate partners and District Managers are hands on, available and inspirational. Fantastic place to work and develop your career.

ConsPeople are valued as much as results and experience. Development is a vital part of the culture. Ambition alone will not get you to next level.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard and remain involved in all aspect of the business.

Good company, growing too fast.

Stock Lead (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat discount, perks and incentives.

ConsTime off policies, no sense of urgency when dealing with employee matters. Lack of comunication.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, there's a lot of ignoring employees when it comes to things that matter.

decent Part-time job

Pros-quiet work environment
    -team driven
    -great work life balance
    -wardrobing

Cons-low pay (weekly)
    -must make sales quota in order to receive commission
    -unrealistic goals during low volume season
    -random corporate visual visits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best job ever!!!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsUpper management appreciates everyone! Fun atmosphere! Great supportive district managers! Allows store managers to own the business! Empowering!!

ConsIt's a growing company but there still aren't stores everywhere so it is hard to transfer if you are forced to move.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!!!

Kate Spade

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKate Spade had an awesome discount (50% off full price, 30% off promo, 75% off certain items/month), cute product as well. Outlet has stepped up their product.

ConsKate Spade has poor pay, poor management. The company is small, but growing, so that can be difficult at times.

Great benefits, but management sucks.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHonestly, the only good thing working for this company is the great benefits. Discounts were really good.

ConsPoor management. Not professional. Company is supposed to be all about being fun and stuff but managers need to still try to be a little professional. Lot of managers favor the workers who are more "bubbly" and energetic. Keep pushing us to talk to customers and find out their life story, but some customers just don't want to talk to you. We also don't get commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork can be a fun environment but to a certain extent. I think managers need to be a little more professional.

It's Good If You Enjoy Retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Limerick, PA

ProsThey have a very generous discount and the atmosphere was great. I liked all my co-workers. Then again, I worked at an outlet store. I heard that the retail stores were more catty.

ConsI personally don't like to be pushed to make sales. I work better and make more sales when I'm not pressured by my managers. I felt like they were pushing us too hard and we don't even make commission. I had GREAT hours when I first started, then after about 4 months, my hours decreased significantly. I noticed that with all my retail jobs, which is one of the reasons I don't like retail.

everything that glitters ain't gold

Cashier (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthe discount and co-workers if you happen to luck up on a good bunch of people

Consthey don't adhere to your availability
    no promotion from within
    no raises
    unorganized management

Advice to Senior Managementbasically practice what you preach

WORST JOB EVER!!!!

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits, Free Clothes, Product, Bonus

ConsThe Los Angeles DM for Outlet was the worst DM I have ever worked with. Many times comments were made such as "Well that went surprisingly well". How is that motivating to a team? We could never own our business to maximize sales as she wanted everything done her way. Never promoted within, but always looked outside the company to fulfill positions. If you want to work for a company where your opinion doesn't matter and where you wont grow then this company is you for. Don't waste your time trust me!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your DM's set the tone for the district. Don't always shoot the blame to the people at store level, but look into your DM's as well. Your people who run these stores work hard and are the reason why the company is so successful, so listen to them!!

Fun ....but

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFun place to work in.. The challenge of achieving goals every time you work

ConsNot a competitive salary. Selling a lot without any commission. Co-workers are not kind anymore

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

Worked for kate spade? Contribute to the Community!