kgb

Updated November 12, 2014
2.8

kgb Chairman and CEO Robert A. Pines
Robert A. Pines

Pros
  • You can work from home and earn a competitive salary at the same time (Around P 2000- 10 (in 4 reviews)

• I learned a lot of random facts and some useful tips for looking things up on line (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Call center leaders are completely afraid of NYC leadership (in 7 reviews)

• Senior management does not listen to line management or staff (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company culture, set of standards and competencies, but needs to work on employee remuneration.

I have been working at kgb full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People are generally nice and warm, encourages open communication between management and subordinates.

Cons

Lacks activities to motivate and uplift employee morale and other rewards/compensation for excellent performance.

Allot more resources for boosting employee morale and study compensation packages to be at par with leading BPO companies.

Low Morale

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at kgb full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PTO policy is very good. Benefits are expensive but mostly due to Obamacare. The people we work with daily (non-management) are great. Everyone is willing to jump in and help if there is a need regardless of who's job it is.

Cons

Building condition is sub-par. Salaries are not to par as annual increases are less than the annual increase in the cost of living. HR treats us like we are in adult daycare. Communication on things that directly impact the employees is horrible. There is no opportunities for employee growth. Work-life balance is not cared about. Feeling is that the company is trying to make working conditions so bad that employees quit so they don't have to pay any severance. There is a concern with the future of our care business as we only see any new business out of 1 or 2 sales people.

Address the Cons listed above and consider how you can make this place a better place to work.

Always willing to have you do and learn more

I have been working at kgb full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership is willing to take risks and enter new markets.
    There is a strong pay for performance culture with merit based pay increases and a quarterly bonus system which right for the changing goals of company.
    Very international and hard to find a job that will not be supporting teams in another country.
    The leadership is a mix of long term people and new people which gives a nice diversity.
    Very smart people trying to solve customer and client problems.

Cons

Planning is not always done in detail which can be frustrating.
    When always looking to solve problems this means always looking to find problems. That can sometimes become a negative if you become depressed about not celebrating the success.

Thank people more.

Toughest Company You'll Ever Love

I have been working at kgb

Pros

kgb will challenge you at every turn. They constantly strive to be better, stronger, and faster. If you're up for it, you'll love it. If you're looking for a passive place to ride out your career (not that there is anything wrong with that), this probably isn't the best place for you.

Cons

They're so focused on continuous improvement that they tend to be a little tough on themselves, in my opinion. There are lots of opportunities to celebrate more, but at times they focus on what else they could have achieved in the time alotted.

Smile...you deserve it.

A solid and progressive company.

I worked at kgb

Pros

My experience with KGB was positive. It is a fast growing and dynamic company.

Cons

High turnover in customer service department.

Experiment with was to reduce turnover.

Read This Before Deciding

I worked at kgb full-time

Pros

There are some good people who work here and great exposure to different places around the world in this very global company.

Cons

How I wish I had checked Glassdoor before accepting a position here! However, I was convinced the local office, at least, would be great. This place has one of the worst cultures I have ever experienced - and I have been around.

Let me tell you about the place using the exact words of the Chief People Officer in a presentation. He described the kgb culture as a) Direct, b) Controlled Chaos, c) Impatient, and d) Pessimistic. To illustrate that last point, he picked up an open bottle of juice and said, "not only is this half-empty, but it is dirty and not what I wanted" and slammed it down. Little did I know, he was being kind.

I have steered many associates away from this place and am telling you now, save yourself the trauma.

People are not interchangeable resources--they are human beings. But seriously, nothing will change until you remove the sociopath from the head office.

Fast pace, constant change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at kgb full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It can be exciting how quickly things happen, fair wages & benefits packages, likable coworkers. I had fun working here, and you can see that lower management tries with what they have to work with.

Cons

High pressure to perform to unrealistic deadlines, overtime is the norm. Constant change is intolerable to some, unsettling to most. High turn over - a lot of internal expertise is lost through employee attrition. Some of the executives believe yelling at people is an effective motivator.

Communication needs improvement. Lack of formal/official communication leads to gossip and information that be confidential becomes common knowledge.

steady paycheck not much else to offer

Former Employee - Wireless Care Representative in McClellanville, SC
    Former Employee - Wireless Care Representative in McClellanville, SC

I worked at kgb full-time (less than an year)

Pros

paid on time, gatherings events, pay was ok, great people to meet, good training and easy job, little edu to ge the job

Cons

breaks can be altered due to calls, no vacation time, underqualified people for all positions, and not much room for advancement, would recommend if u r desperate

It's a pretty pleasant atmosphere with a couple of perks like dinners and parties and benefits.

I worked at kgb

Pros

Promotions are based on your productivity not seniority. The job does come with a benefit package and vacation time and they are pretty good at putting up different job bids so you can attempt to get a better schedule!

Cons

Management sucks and feel they know everything and are not open to suggestions when they are just like everyone else.

Listen to some of your employers and different suggestions they may have, even if you don't listen to all, at least the ones you know have a good education.

Senior Management has complete lack of people skills!

I worked at kgb full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay you a salary and benefits while you are there

Cons

CEO is out there, disengaged, lack of social skills. COO screams at her staff, yes really screams. Call center leaders are completely afraid of NYC leadership. No engagement whatsoever with the employees. Everyone is afraid of losing their job. Very strange environment.

Bring in new management to run the company.

kgb Photos