kgb

www.kgb.com

kgb Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
kgb – San Antonio – “kgb USA”

kgb Chairman and CEO Robert A. Pines

Robert A. Pines

Pros
  • You can work from home and earn a competitive salary at the same time (Around P 2000- 10(in 4 reviews)

• I learned a lot of random facts and some useful tips for looking things up on line(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Call center leaders are completely afraid of NYC leadership(in 7 reviews)

• Senior management does not listen to line management or staff(in 4 reviews)

It's a pretty pleasant atmosphere with a couple of perks like dinners and parties and benefits.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPromotions are based on your productivity not seniority. The job does come with a benefit package and vacation time and they are pretty good at putting up different job bids so you can attempt to get a better schedule!

ConsManagement sucks and feel they know everything and are not open to suggestions when they are just like everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to some of your employers and different suggestions they may have, even if you don't listen to all, at least the ones you know have a good education.

steady paycheck not much else to offer

Wireless Care Representative (Former Employee) McClellanville, SC

Prospaid on time, gatherings events, pay was ok, great people to meet, good training and easy job, little edu to ge the job

Consbreaks can be altered due to calls, no vacation time, underqualified people for all positions, and not much room for advancement, would recommend if u r desperate

Senior Management has complete lack of people skills!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay you a salary and benefits while you are there

ConsCEO is out there, disengaged, lack of social skills. COO screams at her staff, yes really screams. Call center leaders are completely afraid of NYC leadership. No engagement whatsoever with the employees. Everyone is afraid of losing their job. Very strange environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new management to run the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sounded exciting - turns out it wasn't

(Former Employee)

ProsLots of room for improvement as a company. Good people and co-workers. Very skilled staff. Good line managers trying to do the right thing. Learned a lot in a short time.

ConsSenior management does not listen to line management or staff. Senior management always pushes for more work. No real growth opportunities. Nature of work does not allow for good work/life balance. Good ideas are squandered for ad-hoc changes without any real thought.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the expertise of your staff. Be in tune with the realities of the staff. Improve the work life balance of staff.

Not a positive enviroment

Prosthey offer benefits, but you pay

Consvery political environment. management is not open to suggestions and even enjoys firing employees.

Tacky, unprofessional and disgusting place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsOne pro is that you might get lucky and meet a like minded person who also feels that this place is awful, and you will make a good friend. Also Chik-Fil-A comes every Friday and sells food in the break room downstairs.

ConsWhere to start... I'll address the word "disgusting" in my review title. The place looks like it's had the same carpeting for about 25 years. There are gigantic, nasty stains EVERYWHERE. Also there is paint peeling off the walls in some areas of the building. I saw another review that said "bring Lysol" with you to work, that's actually not a bad idea.
    On to work equipment. Every single desk chair in the place is broken in some way, shape or form, that is no exaggeration. If you are a tall person, good luck, because you might get stuck with a chair that is about 10 inches off the ground. The backs of the chairs just fly backwards, there is no back support at all. The computers are very outdated also. The computer that I had in the training classroom sounded like it was going to blow up at any moment.
    The training itself. All trainers at this place are different of course and will have different teaching styles. The trainer I had was a nice person, but I feel as though he was trying too hard to be a nice guy and not actually focus on teaching. He made friends with several guys in the class and in the middle of class, they would just start talking about random things, (some subjects very inappropriate at that). Everyone else in the class would just be sitting there like, "What are we doing?" A lot of the "teaching" was the trainer just reading boring statements verbatim from PDFs that we would follow along with. You must pass a test every two weeks. The test will be on what you "learned". You get two chances to pass, if you fail a 2nd time, they fire you. After every test we took, the average was about half the class failing on the first try. Not everyone is just an idiot, it was the training being completely subpar, that's why people were failing. We are not allowed to take any notes home and study, (per Verizon rules).
    Also, they promised a $150 gas subsidy to us because we would be "work at home" agents. They did not tell us that it would be split up into 2 payments and that we would get $75 after passing the first two tests and $75 after passing the last test. We found that out in week 2 of training. Such wonderful news that was.
    If you are training to be a Work At Home agent, keep in mind that you will be 100% responsible to purchase all of their REQUIRED equipment. They require an expensive web cam that can do a 360 degree scan of your work area at home. Why? Because you can have no open doors, no windows that are uncovered and nobody in the room with you. Also, no writing materials are allowed at your desk at all. Everything must be hard wired. Those nice wireless mice or keyboards? Nope, can't use those. If you only have a cell phone, get ready to pay another bill because you must have a home phone line to work from home.
    Thinking of just working in the building? There are employees who currently work in the building, not from home, who say that some days there aren't even enough work stations to sit at! People are just standing around, waiting for a long time, unable to work! That is unacceptable! Also be prepared to use about 15 different programs for troubleshooting. Almost all of them slow and not user friendly.
    Also, if you have a decent education behind you, or you have had some pretty good jobs in the past, I can tell you that this is NOT the place for you. You will want to leave after day one. The pay is BAD. It's $9 an hour for training and if you are a work from home agent, it goes to $10 once training is over. They try to lure you in with visions of "bonuses". You have to meet certain requirements on every call to get those bonuses. Good luck with that.
    A lot of the people you see in this place look super depressed and like they can't stand being there. The only people who look somewhat happy, look like people who are straight out of high school and they just do not know any better. There are so many immature people there it is ridiculous. Again, if you are used to any kind of professional environment, DO NOT WORK HERE.
    This was a last resort job for me and it may be for you as well. If you have ANY other options, please try those first. You will not be happy here, I assure you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to how your trainers are teaching their classes. Also, update your equipment and get new carpeting. If you expect a lot out of your employees, actually compensate them properly.

Make this a temp job. DO NOT stay here long term!

Tech Support (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe only two good things that can be said of this place is that they offer you benefits and they pay above minimum wage.

ConsThe pay for tech support is lower than any other company I have come across. Be forewarned that if you work from home your base pay will always be lower than someone who works in the call center; yet both of you will take the same exact calls and have the same responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to see management's behavior reflect what can be found in the management "responsibilities" section of their own internal job postings.

A means to an end

Customer Service (Former Employee) McLeansville, NC

ProsExcellent medical benefits that's it

ConsHorrible turnover rate and work conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to retain quality employees without stressing them out

Stagnant mobility, but great people to work with. Mostly understanding management, but good place to work overall.

Specialty Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood people, clean environment, and close to home.

ConsMobility; pay raises stopped; tuition reimbursement stopped;

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate yearly pay raises relevant to COL standards.

Good job

Team Manager (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsVery fast work day - calls are fast and makes time go quickly
    Flexible schedule
    Good management team
    Part time and full time work

ConsPay is very low
    Benefits could be better
    Call Center Closed in my city
    You are graded on a lot of metrics
    You can take up to 1000 calls a day

Advice to Senior ManagementJust pay your employees better they might stay longer.

Worked for kgb? Contribute to the Community!