lastminute.com

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Matthew Crummack

lastminute.com - a good company to work for

Pricing & Product Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat team and enviroment to work in. Oppurtunities for personal and professional development is huge for the fact that we are part of the travelocity/Sabre-Holdings group.

As the company itself is so large, the communication from senior management and the CEO's is amazingly good. There are 4 or so intranet sites to keep all employee's of the different umbrella's of the group being kept up to date.

ConsBenefits and compensations are good but in comparison to other companies in the travel sector they are not the greatest.

We have a choice of 1 of 3 for benefits: pension, health care or fitness.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up - but try and hold off on the redundancies and job moves to India!

Exciting, Chaotic, Fast-Paced, Fun

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe encouragement of change and openness to new ideas, the freedom to do your job the best way for your own abilities, the relaxed nature and young vibe of the office, really talented and skilled technical people with expertise in their fields.

ConsDis-organised, fragmented and lacking in clear direction as an organisation. Struggling to consolidate following a period of rapid growth since inception.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine processes, develop proper company strategy and culture staff careers.

Some things never change

Sales Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat staff, good environment, laid back

ConsCompany went through numerous restructures, never invested in improvements, poor employee rewards

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to retain staff existing rather than to employ new
    Find a strategic vision and stick with it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, relaxed - would work there again!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Farringdon, England (UK)

ProsEveryone that works here is friendly. The environment is laid back and managers are open to hearing about suggestions. Good working environment and nice location.

ConsA lot of change has happened in 2014 and the company is not as organised as it should be to keep up with the change

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the suggestions of staff

Software Development

Software Developer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Good work environment. Nice people. Normal working hours.

ConsBonus and salary increases are almost none. Make sure to get salary you are happy with at the time of signing the contract

Great place to work, nice environment and happy people

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGood salaries if you work in sales with a very good commission plan

ConsNot many chances to grow fast and all very UK-centric

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more and act reactively

Good for experience.

Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsExposure to many functions of the company. Opportunity to learn. Nice people.

ConsEver-changing strategy. Slow-moving bureaucracy. Terrible pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and respect your staff more.

Great for experience but not for staying

Trading (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsVery good environment and nice people..

ConsThere's no long term strategy. Salaries are very low compare to the market. Very bad organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in people and technology for the business, if not, Competitors will keep growing faster than you.

Some goods, some bads

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIt was really good getting to know the people, working with some really talented individuals.

ConsNo respect, mass problems with communication between teams, and far too many chiefs and very few indians. A lot of random middle managers who exist there just to manage people and find many ways to justify their roles. What a waste of a life. Also the pay is far below industry standard.

Not so bad but could be better

Contributor (Current Employee) Kraków (Poland)

ProsSome great people and schedules flexibility

ConsLack of business communication; individuals are not appreciated ; not so many perspective opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementListen your employees

Worked for lastminute.com? Contribute to the Community!