liquidhub

Jonathan A Brassington

Decent Consulting Firm

Associate (Former Employee)
Wayne, PA

I worked at liquidhub full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have good connections with large corporations, getting you into a contract with a client right out of the door.

ConsYou don't hear from them once you're on a project. They were unable to find work after a contract fell through. Poor response to emails regarding mistake in their payment process and FSA.
When I joined I was promised there would be plenty of work after my first contract. This turned out to be untrue and has dissuaded me from working for a consulting company again.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I email or leave a voice message for HR, it should be responded to and dealt with promptly (I received no response and had to call in directly to the company more than a month after the first message was sent).

Typical of a contracting firm - limited opportunities for advancing a career and no time off.

I have been working at liquidhub full-time for more than a year

ProsWell-connected to the employment base in Valley Forge / Philadelphia area.

ConsDifficult to acquire new skills to stay marketable, since employers are not willing to pay contractors for learning on the job.

Decent company, but be prepared to find your own career opportunities if you're not getting good assignments

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at liquidhub full-time for more than a year

Pros-Paid for certifications
-Had a good manager who made sure everything was going well and would follow-up on any issues I had. Not everyone is so lucky.
-Good salary
-Lots of opportunities for training & group get togethers
-Pretty clear path to advancement
-I find I work less overtime as a consultant because the client companies don't want to have to pay for more time than was contracted for, so better work/life balance.

Cons-Internally disorganized - when something goes wrong it's difficult to figure out who to go to to get things fixed.
-Bench not streamlined - they will give you some time to wait for a good assignment, but if they don't have something that fits you they will put you wherever you can be billable, no matter if it fits your career goals or is just completely dull. Pretty much like any other consulting firm in that respect.
-The bonus they offer (over so many hours in a quarter is bonus pay) is pretty much not possible to get unless you are working a lot of overtime - vacation days count against it. I preferred when I worked for a consulting company that paid it's full time employees hourly - I was more likely to work overtime, if allowed by the client.
-No tuition reimbursement, no 401k match

Advice to Senior ManagementI know there are initiatives to help streamline things internally, but so many of them are going on it that it seems like none of them can actually be completed. It also seems like you have employees willing to put in extra time to help out internally for promotion purposes that you just aren't utilizing effectively, or at all. While the focus is on increasing that profit margin, things just aren't going to improve very much internally.

Liquid Hub Review

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Phila, PA

I worked at liquidhub full-time for more than 3 years

ProsForward moving with vision the future and a good company philosophy.

ConsAssociates cannot be certain if they will be retained after a long-term contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors need to have more interaction with Associates.

Proceed with extreme caution, but good possibilities exist. LH will use you.

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee)

ProsSome decent customers
Lots of variety is possible.
Recruiters are generally honest!

ConsManagement does not clearly communicate the company direction, if any exists.
No sales staff, they are order takers. No sales development.
Never received any suggestions on what technologies to learn
No true technical leadership career path.
Pay only fair.
If you make a certain amount of money, you will have to become a manager while still being expected to bill 40/hours week.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to lead, learn to inspire

Strong in its own backyard

Consultant (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at liquidhub full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benefits overall, all of the basics expected from a company this size.

ConsBonus alluded to but never really paid, unless you work some crazy hours as an independent consultant, and even then it's not a significant amount. Usually the size of an electric bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a stronger pipeline of assignments. But you already knew that.

Ok company.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at liquidhub full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood at getting people busy with assignments. Low bench time.

ConsWatch your career growth. They will place you on assignments that don't match what you want to do. Most managers only care about how much you bill and contribute to company revenue. They sit down with you to talk about career path or goals.

Bad benefits. No 401k matching, high health insurance premium, vacations you can not take because they have to meet billing goals, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake good care of your employees, they deliver!

Good company to work for

Director (Current Employee)
Wayne, PA

I have been working at liquidhub full-time

ProsThe work culture is good. The leadership team is ethical and forward thinking. The HR policies are fair. The environment fosters learning and growth of skills and knowledge, It is a growing organization and there are plenty of opportunities to contribute, Career path and options are well defined. Taking initiatives is rewarded

ConsNeed more consistent policies for reviews and remuneration, The admin support could be better, Salaries and Bonus structure is below par and should be made more consistent across the company

Poor leadership, poor execution

Director (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at liquidhub full-time for more than a year

Pros-no / limited travel
-good client base

Cons-Leadership has zero strategic direction, and seems to have a new hot solution each month
-They keep no bench, and hire the best available contractor for each role (who may or may not be remotely qualified or competent)
-Never pay bonuses (and only sometimes pay expenses)
-zero culture
-everyone must be 100% billable all the time due to low rates, so no ability to do strategic advancement of the firm
-somehow, 90% of clients are 1 project and done

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild up your management consulting practice, they're your only real consultants

Leadership, vision and clear goals are in place for future success here at Liquidhub

Resource Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at liquidhub full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSenior management has a specific and well thought out plan for future success in the digital transformation industry. We continue to build upon our strong solutions, strategies, project management and next-generation solutions (cloud, App Dev, etc.)

ConsAs an employee in the resource management field, I see the need for continued improvement in employee engagement and communication. This is a prevalent theme in our industry and something many companies continually look to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent and honest with the associates. Our leadership has always been straightforward and sharing in terms of company success and future goals, we need to continue this as we move into 2014 and beyond.

Worked for liquidhub? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at liquidhub reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for liquidhub CEO Jonathan A Brassington. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by liquidhub employees.