lucy Activewear Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
n/a

Pros
  • There is a work/life balance here you don't ever feel over worked (in 5 reviews)

• positive company, opportunity for growth, encouraged to live active lifestyle, comfy clothes to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the sales goals were a bit high however it wasn't too bad (in 4 reviews)

• Bad pay and not able to get promoted or increase pay, limited hours allowed to work, poor corporate management (in 2 reviews)

1. Sales associate

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at lucy Activewear

Pros

Worked here all throughout college and loved it! The company is supportive and my manager did an amazing job hand selecting our team. Hours were reasonable and flexible with my school schedule.

Cons

As a retail associate, they don't allow you to miss any major shopping days and was asked to leave because of an annual family trip that would require I be gone for Black Friday.

Advice to Management

Get more feedback from the sales associates during slow shopping periods. Lived in an area prone to winter storms which affected our sales goals on certain days.

2. Good experience

I worked at lucy Activewear

Pros

good environment and liked my coworkers

Cons

expected to work during holidays and important days

3. Supervisor

I worked at lucy Activewear

Pros

Good discount on good clothes

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with what actually happens at a store level.

5. Intimate company with great opportunity!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loyal customer base and friendly working environment. Field teams are encouraged to build genuine relationships with customers and the community. Great place for a young professional to grow their strengths, take risks, and learn how to run a business. There is a lot of cross-over between the retail field and corporate employees. Upper management encourages growth and supports the field. No expectation that managers work long hours and going over 40 hours is often discouraged, so work-life balance is easy to maintain, unlike some other retail companies. The team is passionate about the brand and most employees really enjoy working in the store.

Cons

Working over the holidays when the corporate team closes down.

6. Overall decent company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at lucy Activewear (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and company that believes in what they preach. Amazing quality product and customer service. Small company so higher-ups are fairly accessible to all employees.

Cons

Small company that is always changing policies and marketing to get in the right niche. Frustrating to see them jump between strategies so often.

Advice to Management

Allow more transparency between store and corporate levels. Listen to store employees for more advice on operational standards and design input from customers.

A small but inspirational company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It's a smaller team here, so you get to work very closely with a lot of different departments. It's an amazing place to flex your cross-functional team muscles.
    - Being smaller you definitely get to gain great experience in a lot of different area vs. being a smaller part of a large team. You get an amazing amount of experience.
    - There is a lot of passion here in the home office about our customer and the product. It makes it extremely inspiring to be around this team.
    - Last but definitely not least, our store team out in the field has a great passion for our product, customers, and the active lifestyle. It's a great recipe for success in this particular arena of the retail industry.

Cons

- Not really a con but, being a smaller overall team, there are a lot of extra duties that you take on. I think it is actually great experience and you learn a lot, but if you are a one-track, one task kind of person, this one will be a tough environment.

Product Director

Current Employee - Product Director in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Product Director in Alameda, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear

Pros

We are a passionate organization full of intelligent and like minded creators. We have a strong brand vision and voice and we make product that reflects that. Every day I come to work and feel lucky to be a part of something big.

Cons

We are in the midst of growing and building this brand so that comes with it's challenges. The toughest thing we face is keeping up with our growth in terms of staffing and systems/processes.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the troupes and we'll keep making magic!

lucy HQ is a Great Place to Be!

Current Employee - Senior Product Line Manager in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Line Manager in Alameda, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing co-workers and collaborative environment
    - All of the excitement and independence of working for a small start-up but with the backing of a large corporation due to the support from our parent company VF
    - Progressive leadership and desire to learn through experimentation
    - A place every person has the chance to make an impact on the business
    - Beautiful campus with workout facilities (free) and a cafe that makes lovely, fresh meals
    - Fun team events within lucy and VF OUtdoor (free monthly breakfast, earth day volunteer event, monthly happy hour, holiday party)
    - A chance to help shape the industry's next big Women's Active brand
    - Great work/life balance
    - Generous discount across VF brands
    - Awesome brand vision and alignment on how to get there

Cons

- If you are averse to change the environment may not appeal to you
    - Depending on the time of day the commute can be long

Advice to Management

No advice, just sincere thanks.

10. Design Team

I worked at lucy Activewear full-time

Pros

- LOVE the people I work with on the Design Team! These are bright, creative, hard-working designers who are smart, respectful, funny and passionate.
    - Close collaboration with each other and cross-functional teams.
    - Team culture fosters trust, shared vision, cool activities to learn about our product or consumers, and supporting each other's personal and professional growth.
    - Other teams respect and look to the Design Team to create, clarify and lead the Brand's styling point of view.
    - We promote our creative talent through social media, team spirit and a turnaround in product
    - We strive for One Team, One Dream...and a NO JERK zone.
    - The campus and environment is gorgeous...LEED PLATINUM Certified and organic/locally sourced food.
    - Work from home Fridays!

Cons

- We're still a relatively small brand with little brand awareness. However, we have an insanely loyal following.
    - Being a creative person in a corporate environment is ultimately about the business of making money and being an awesome team player. If you're a Diva or have a massive ego, this is not the place for you. We don't want you here either.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring high caliber people! They are worth every penny.

11. Sr. Director Operations

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time

Pros

Team of elite professionals developing / achieving business strategies
    Great cross functional collaboration

Cons

Speed limit in Alameda is 25 MPH and the police are everywhere

RSS Feed </> Embed