lucy Activewear Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
n/a

Pros
  • There is a work/life balance here you don't ever feel over worked (in 5 reviews)

• positive company, opportunity for growth, encouraged to live active lifestyle, comfy clothes to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the sales goals were a bit high however it wasn't too bad (in 4 reviews)

• Bad pay and not able to get promoted or increase pay, limited hours allowed to work, poor corporate management (in 2 reviews)

1. Fun and laid back company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts to all companies is VF corporation Flexible schedule High energy Able to transfer between locations All level employees give input about improvement

Cons

No sales commission Pay isn't great No sale incentives and they don't provide clothes to wear at work Hard to move up in company from store to corporate

Advice to Management

Give the employees incentives to sell more

2. A great place to work for those developing as a retail SM. Motivated to run a store as their own to learn.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Motivated company -Encouraging to stay active -Connections with gyms, studios, etc -Monthly bonus potential -Down to earth HQ open to suggestions and group think -Travel opportunities (SF corporate office and more) -Continuous system improvements for the better

Cons

-Still struggling with inventory mgmt. -Missing basics for weeks-months = empty replenishment promises = missing volume/sales -Identity crisis at times. Once you think HQ knows who "she" is, think again. HQ will pull your best selling basics, hurting your business, with no support in transitional items. -On the flip side, still a global issue replenishing stores with old sale styles. -Why would she buy new goods when we have a full assortment in similar markdown styles? We wait and wait for a best seller that sold out in the first week as a new style, but won't get back in stock for weeks/months when it's extremely marked down and now have new styles. -Sometimes mixed direction from HQ and upper mgmt leads to confusion, frustration, mixed focus. (Host classes in store, now don't even think about it, host "trunk shows" at a studio, no don't do that, host "showcases" and make a lofty goal, 0 to 60mph to 0 to 90mph)

Advice to Management

-Fix inventory issues! No store will ever be 100% perfect, however, stores shouldn't have to request sizes in basics on a weekly basis. (Won't have sizes otherwise) why have an inventory mgmt system? If a store is expecting to, or sold more than usual, fine, but...? -Marketing?? Has gotten better but.... Don't lucy marketers share a cafeteria with The North Face marketers?? -Let a test run its course for proper feedback -Trackers? I don't know if I'm using the correct thing, or if I'm coming or going half the time. I feel as though I'm wasting time looking and providing feedback because stores don't hear back if info provided was correct or useful.

3. AWESOME place to work!

I have been working at lucy Activewear part-time

Pros

I took this job because the hours are flexible which is great for a full time college student. And I also really liked the fitness culture that lucy is a part of. I didn't realize when I applied that I'd never want to leave, due to not just the flexible schedule but also the care that management puts in to hiring quality people and training them well on a consistent basis throughout their time working for lucy. It's a fantastic work environment and the clothes are ADORABLE!

Cons

Obviously there needs to be some flexibility with your availability to work nights and weekends, especially around the holidays, which is normal with pretty much any retail position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. I loved lucy ... past tense.

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at lucy Activewear (More than a year)

Pros

Generous discount. Nice associates to work with.

Cons

Very political. Lucy dollars were a joke! If the dollar amounts were bigger they might be more worthwhile. No commission. Not flexible with hours.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Put incentives in place that are meaningful. Offer commission in addition to hourly wage. Look into offering benefits for all employees.

6. Lucys is a good part time job ( in-store)

Former Employee - Key Holders in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Key Holders in Dallas, TX

I worked at lucy Activewear part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with hours, fun ways to "increase" sales, employee discount great.

Cons

Sticklers on "conversion rate", no room to really grow.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- lucy is located on a beautiful campus - You can manage to have a great work/life balance - You can get great exposure/experience due to it being a small company - They offer free classes and free gym on campus - There is strong leadership - If you are passionate about being active this is a great company for you

Cons

- The pay tends to be low - There is not a lot of room for growth

8. Boring

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Norcross, GA

Pros

My coworkers were friendly. They worked around my school schedule. Lucy closed at nine. The manager was nice. The discount for the clothes were good.

Cons

There wasn't usually much to do but when there was it was an overload. I don't know how they are still in business because the clothes are overpriced which pushed customers away.

Advice to Management

find a way to make the clothes more affordable

9. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great people to work with, I learned a lot from the company.

Cons

Human Resources needs to listen better to employees

10. A Mixed Bag

I have been working at lucy Activewear (More than 3 years)

Pros

lucy offers decent benefits for 32 and above hour employees.

Cons

lucy does not keep their staffing level up to par so if you are working full time you must fill in shifts at the last minute and it is expected.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your middle management as they evaluate their store management.

11. Good experience

Pros

good environment and liked my coworkers

Cons

expected to work during holidays and important days

RSS Feed </> Embed