lucy Activewear Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
59 reviews filtered by
3.7
n/a

Pros
  • There is a work/life balance here you don't ever feel over worked (in 5 reviews)

• Wear comfortable lucy clothes to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Competition between employees to meet sales goals (in 4 reviews)

• Bad pay and not able to get promoted or increase pay, limited hours allowed to work, poor corporate management (in 2 reviews)

1. Awesome team and awesome product that all women love!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at lucy Activewear part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Good pay for hourly associates
    Amazing team atmosphere
    Showcases to meet and colaberate with awesome fitness studios
    New studios love to reach out to us to offer free classes to spread the word

Cons

For sales associates, there aren't many hours to go around depending on location but they compensate by paying over minimum wage!

Once was a great place to work.

I worked at lucy Activewear

Pros

Best dress code and great benefits. Fun in store contest and great bonus if you make your monthly store goal.

Cons

Ridiculous outreach program. They expect way to much of their managers. It is impossible to run a store and spend the amount off time expected outside the store to drive your own business. It is even more difficult if you do not live in the community. Most mangers feel they are stretched too thin. Traffic has dropped significantly and it seems as if mangers have more on their plate. It can be stressful at times to plan and host monthly events with no additional resources (funds$). Employee reviews mid and year end are extremely lengthy and timely. Employee turn over is high due to minimal hours given. Do not expect to be able to support yourself financially working at Lucy. Discount is decent however the prices are still high and team members have difficulty affording product.

Quarterly allowance for team members would be be beneficial for both parties. Stop expecting your managers to do marketings job.
    Most managers do not have marketing degrees and the pressure / stress put on managers to drive in store traffic is unreasonable. Revert back to the time were mangers felt encouraged and recognized for their hard work. Monthly All store calls do not inspire or uplift, in fact they do the opposite and discourage. Many times you walk away feeling insufficient, anyone that says different is lying.

3. Fun and inspiring work environment.

Former Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Chicago, IL

I worked at lucy Activewear part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a good brand and easy to sell.

Cons

As I'm sure it is with all retail, it is all about meeting the numbers and following the company's script.

5. Great company for retail employees

Former Employee - Part Time Supervisor
    Former Employee - Part Time Supervisor

I worked at lucy Activewear part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each store has a very cohesive team of salespeople. The emphasis is on teamwork and is a very supportive environment. Schedule is flexible, time-off is easy to request.

Cons

The clientele can be difficult at times. It is also challenging to meet certain goals for salespeople based on the previous year's records.

More frequent check-ins with each store location to ensure the best growth for each individual store.

6. Never want to leave!!!

Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - PT Supervisor in Southlake, TX

I have been working at lucy Activewear part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is amazing! I have never been at a retailer and actually wanted to come to work! There is a work/life balance here you don't ever feel over worked. Management is great, you never feel like you can't go and talk to them about a situation or concern.

Cons

The only bad things I can say is not enough hours. Part time employees are not allowed to work over 29 hours, if your close to that then you get cut or they make you clock out for a lunch. Another issue I have is that I work at an extra small store but only the manager can be full time. Which limits employees that actually want to work full time (like me) leave to look for a company that will allow them full time hours.

Keep being amazing! I know you do whatever you can to make everyone happy. We all appreciate you and everything you do!

7. Great company, great careers!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company, although growing, is still fairly intimate. Management teams, up to Retail Directors, are personable and care about their employees. They allow for even p/t sales associates to stand out and acknowledge exceptional performance. Competitive salary for store sizes and volume and many opportunities for growth.

Cons

POS systems are extremely outdated. They often freeze. Still use paper receipts, which isn't sustainable. Hiring process is tedious and time-consuming.

8. Fantastic

I have been working at lucy Activewear full-time

Pros

Healthy and happy atmosphere, great product, great company view

Cons

Higher pay rate for hourly

9. A fun company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at lucy Activewear part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overall, it is a fun experience & the managers are really great about tracking hours, scheduling, and giving breaks. I have received training from my managers to set me up for future opportunities within the company, which is a definite plus. The company's values breed a positive environment with coworkers.

Cons

Technology is outdated, brand image is in a rough transition period

10. lucy

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at lucy Activewear part-time (more than a year)

Pros

you cannot beat these hours in a retail position

Cons

the management does not have enough experience

11. it was an average experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in La Jolla, CA

I worked at lucy Activewear part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros is the starting wage, which was 10/hr for sales.

Cons

I wasn't too fond of management at the specific store I worked at.