mgi recruitment

www.mgirecruitment.com

mgi recruitment Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Deirdre Meghen

Read this forum with interest

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsA fellow college directed me to this forum and I must say I read it with interest. I've worked here as a recruiter for just over a year and must say I have never had a problem with getting paid and any commission owed has also always been paid. Not sure why someone would write that on here when its just not true. I guess a forum is a great place for any ex employees who couldn't cut it in a sales environment to vent there frustrations (rightly or wrongly) while hiding behind a computer. This is a good solid company with a good management who know what there doing. No its not Google or Facebook but not many places are. If your willing to work hard, show interest in the clients or candidates and are willing to learn they are a very accommodating company and look after there staff. A good place to learn the in's and out's of recruitment.

ConsPeople get moved on quickly if there not good (welcome to the real world). I personally don't see a problem with this. The same people who moan that they cannot hit there target are the same people who go for smoke breaks every 2 minutes and leave work early and are then surprised when they don't hit target. As with any job, if your not performing you get moved on. It's a target driven job. If you don't like targets don't go into recruitment full stop.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. Some good looking men wouldn't go a miss either! :)

Awful - do not trust this employer

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsNone to mention - just awful

ConsThe management team is awful, shouts at everyone - not a great environment - i would not trust them as far as i would throw them, they will deduct pay - call you a liar, manipulate you, monitor emails for no other reason then to see what you are saying - Fear is the dish of the day!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so rude, and manipulative! imagine having a team who like working for you!!

Awful environment, better to move on!

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsTo realize that any other experience after or before was/would be just great.

ConsNon-realistic targets, very low quality expectations - but high quantity expectations of course! - very unfriendly shouting management (not only to those who do not reach the targets but also to people who are actually seriously trying and successfully selling), people get fired within two minutes after they have been called to a management meeting (not a single case!), delayed pay, very low basic salary - in comparison with other companies in the same field. I have not actually seen anyone who worked there for longer than half a year (except management, of course!) - even being in a different sales job with targets now I see that there are plenty of usual people who stay with the company for 8+ years, which surely cannot be a case with mgi. I am very NOT pleased even to put this company on my CV - potential employers already heard about its reputation and low quality standards, so that I have been potentially criticized to work for quantity rather that for quality. I have also heard that mgi deletes negative comments from the Glassdoor website - so if you do not see this one after a while, please report to the customer service department, to make sure that potential applicants do not get fooled.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomething has to change here: You are not encouraging even potentially great sales people to stay - people basically run away, so set realistic targets and treat them at least a little nicer. Shouting is not professional. And more - it is better to train people properly to send 1 or 2 quality CVs per week and make 2 Sales out of it than to make people crazy with sending 2 CVs per day!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A master class on how to intentionally destroy a good business model

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Berlin (Germany)

ProsVery informative on how to run a good business into the ground by lack of caring and incompetence at all management levels.

ConsPay has not been issued for the month of February and is now 11 days overdue with no word form the managing director as to when we will be paid. Senior management is unprofessional and seem to not know how to deal with clients or staff. It appears that the managing director is actively trying to run the company to the ground for some reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementSack operations manager and the business managers. They are not helping the company in any positive way.

Not What it Says on The Tin!!

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsIncompetence is highly rewarded, if you want to learn how NOT to run a business then this is an interesting case study.

ConsGood, progressive ideas ignored, concerns named "unprofessional". I started at MGI a few months ago, after promises of fantastic earning and career growth potential, after a few days however, I realised that this was just an illusion. In 3 months I witnessed no fewer than 10 people either leave of their own consent, or get pushed out the door, fair enough if they were incompetent, however they were to the good ones.. The incompetent workers got kept on and made into Account Managers.
    I witnessed the operations manager antagonise and basically lose interesting clients, so we were left with unworkable contracts. This was not reflected in our targets, infact targets got driven higher and higher month by month- despite management losing contracts.
    Business Development is absolutely non existent, all they can consider are callcentres who pay minimum wage or less and expecting people to relocate for such low salaries. Ignoring good quality potential clients as the "volume" is not high enough.
    I witnessed the CEO literally scream at teenage interns because they weren't quick enough at completing work which should never have been left to an intern in the first place.
    I have travelled and worked all over Europe in my time, and was actually really looking forward to this "opportunity" as it was sold to me during the application process, but what I actually entered into was very very different, a negative environment where you are not even allowed to speak with your colleagues, if you miss target once you are threatened aggressively with the sack, I saw good recruiters get sacked while I was there, and the worst remain. An operations manager who can lose a client within the space of one phone call by talking to them like naughty school children, and a CEO who has no control over her business and ends up screaming at people whenever possible, accountants who stay long enough to see the books and then run away scared, average time of employment 1-3 months.. An environment created through a series of mind games from management where you cannot trust your colleagues back stabbing rife.

In short- stay clear of this company- well clear, that is, ofcourse, if you get the opportunity to read this review, as they systematically go through glassdoor and remove negative reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementSack operations manager and Business Developer

More cons than pros

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsMet nice people and kept in touch with some of them, but almost all of them left before or shortly after me - some of them came back to their countries or went abroad. A real pro is that any other job after this will be a paradise!

ConsMy first impression recently, at the very first day in the office was - that none of recruiters smiled to me, and I was wondering why. After working there for a while - I was not smiling myself at all although people consider me being a friendly person. The reason is not only the job itself, because if you got HR experience it is very enjoyable - but more the management, that is treating their employees as if they were not people but machines that can produce money. Some of colleagues got fired within one day! We also got paid irregularly and sometimes very late.

You cannot expect any benefits here - no food, no cantine, no health care, nothing (in case you are looking for benefits for yourself), breaks are not flexible, and often you have to stay there on a "call duty" and cannot go to a break later, working hours are also over the average.

I have experience in recruitment business and I have not seen anything like this.
    After a while you lose sleep because targets that management puts on you are not achievable if you do not work 24/7. If you want to have this "great" company as an employer - good luck!

Advice to Senior ManagementHuge turn over in the company - not a good impression for business clients, try to keep people by giving them something and not only taking.

good team, but little bit stressful

Marketing, Intern (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Prosgood team
    good top manager
    nice location
    great ambiance

Constoo much stress
    too much turn over
    really repetitive

great entry experience - like a coffee to take away - enjoy the breakfast and then look for a real meal

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsYou have the chance to dive into recruitment and sales, as they don't require a lot of experience. You see the environment of outbound cold calling sales within a target driven job.

Consless than average payment, delayed payments form time to time, rude working environment, well-being of employees is not preference of the management. Only very few colleagues stay longer than 6 months - bad for atmosphere between the recruiters.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the most important asset so is would be useful to take better care of them and treat them as a human being.

Very good, learned alot

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGet lots of experience and left to manage your self.

ConsHigh turnover so hard to fee secure

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at keeping staff longer

Expanding recruitment agency in Ireland

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsIn my time with mgi I certainly learned alot about the pace of the recruitment industry. If you are a sales person this industry is something you must experience. It really put your skills to the test. I have learned a lot and I really like the people I worked with, some of which I am still in contact with. Every Friday we went to the pub for a drink after work to catch up and unwind.

ConsRecruitment is a hard core sales environment and it is pressurized. There are good days and bad days as with any sales role. It is a target driven position so you must reach your target every month. The recruitment industry is not for the faint hearted!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally would have liked to have more interaction with the Deirdre the CEO, when she was working with the team there was a very energetic atmosphere and she is very motivational however she is extremely busy.

Worked for mgi recruitment? Contribute to the Community!