nFocus Solutions

Ananda Roberts

Fun and exciting company

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at nFocus Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Healthy pay and raises, good work gets noticed, opportunities to participate in every part of the business, get to work with organizations improving the lives of our nation's youth

Cons

Things can change quickly, those that do not produce quality work are quickly noticed

Very poorly run organization. Employees are treated as replaceable units, not valued employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at nFocus Solutions full-time

Pros

The team is great, the employees are great.

Cons

There is no senior leadership. The company is run on a whim. People are fired without discussion with their managers. Time off is treated as something bestowed by the president, not earned. Rants by the president are the norm and the culture is fear-based. Contractors are highly valued but employees are not.

Let the smart people you hire do their jobs without micromanaging them and thinking you are the smartest people in the room. Treat your people with respect all the time, not just when it suits you in front of a customer. Accept criticism and own up to your mistakes rather than the constant blaming of others.

not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at nFocus Solutions (less than an year)

Pros

can bring dog to work

Cons

none that I can think of

thanks

Beware...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at nFocus Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The customers were great to work with

Cons

There aren't enough words to say about how awful this place is.

Great people walking out the door....Why is this

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at nFocus Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Developers and client support staff keep our company going.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership, Leadership, Leadership

Watching out great people walk out the door. Why is this????Advice to Senior Management – Stop posting phony reviews that are blatantly written by the top folks or long standing HR person. This could be a great company if you left running it to people that actually had experience running companies. On a cursory 3 minute search of linkedin it is easy to find 12 different people that have worked in sales or marketing for Nfocus - that did not stay in the job for a solid 12 months in the Austin sales office (AND there are probably more that chose not to even enter it on their profile). It looks like the AVERAGE employment time before they quit or are fired is 8 months. This cannot entirely or even partially be attributed to poor performance as many of the employees were hired at different times and different sales managers.

Great Place and Innovation

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at nFocus Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to contract at nFocus(Phoenix) for a couple of months before getting deployed with the Army. I really enjoyed working with them. The people there were really nice and respectful. They listened to my ideas that I would bring to the table. They are also a great supporter of soldier’s being deployed as well and even sent my soldiers and I a care package. I know they are hard on flex-time, but they worked with me which I really appreciated.

Cons

The cons for me was the distance to drive to work. I usually lived within a 10 to 15 minutes commute to work and with nFocus, it was about an hour during rush hour.
    The other con for me was not being able to get out and play the golf course that I get to look at through the window everyday.
    The other one is the business casual environment. Even that is not a big deal though.

With seeing a couple of reviews from others, maybe implement a yearly 360 anonymous feedback system like we do in the Army. This would be a stress free holistic look from both sides.

Read the reviews prospective sales & marketing people

Current Employee - Community Solutions Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Solutions Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at nFocus Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some great technology
    Specific interest in helping community based organizations
    good base compensation

Cons

Web browser integration (safari, firefox)
    Leadership & support
    commission structure

“It is a good place to learn and work.”

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at nFocus Solutions

Pros

Every employee has the ability to change the world everyday. It's an exciting place to work, with the smartest professionals in the industry. The absolute best reason to work at nFocus was the community; you're surrounded by intelligent people who are very competent and eager to accomplish team goals as well as their own. You would be hard pressed to find another company with a similar environment, culture, perks, and benefits.

Cons

There are two moderately negative aspects of working at nFocus, one being that the work tends to become your life! You will often find yourself working until long after you were to have been off the clock, however this is normally due to the love of the job. Another is with all smaller companies, you will thrive if you're a person that appreciates the fact that many processes are not in place but there for you to create or re-vamp.

Keep the company open and maintain our culture as we grow. Continue training younger managers and develop for career paths employees.

Very Disappointing

I worked at nFocus Solutions

Pros

I was very excited to join this team, with a great the mission and a stable 17 year old company.
    Base Salary was solid
    The mission and vision and intention of the company is GREAT!!
    Good office location Austin, nice offices - this seems to be a priority them throughout the company.

Cons

*For a 17 year old software company I couldn't have been more disappointed. I worked at start-up organizations that had better structure.
    *NO Marketing Department, archaic website with inaccurate information and products listings that aren't even products
    *NO Product Marketing
    *NO Roadmap for the sales team to follow because that would mean we would have been committed to completing a project
    *Out of date technology
    *Upper management, although AMAZING visionaries, has no management or people skills to take the company to the next level. Prefers the "yes" employees, not the one's who challenge the company to become better.
    *NO SUPPORT FOR THE SALES TEAM. We lived in a silo of the company and treated as if we were the bad guys... it was a lost thought that sales teams brought in the revenue and should be provided proper training and support. Again, a direct reflection of upper management.
    *Poor commission structure and opportunity.

Start looking at how successful software companies run their businesses and learn from them.
    The mistrust and lack of respect you feel of everyone around you is felt by every employee in your organization which in turn questions why they should trust you.
    Start treating employees like adults. If you can't treat them like adults because they don't act like it they shouldn't have been hired to begin with and let them go, but don't demoralize those who are there to do a job and do it well.
    Hire an executive team and allow them to make decisions for the company. Allow yourself to be challenged by those who have great experience and knowledge to bring to the table.

It sounded good.

I worked at nFocus Solutions

Pros

Great intentions to assist community based organizations with membership management.
    Good base compensation in the $55-60k range. Which is good because your commission will be peanuts.
    Founder has great vision and intent.
    Training was decent in its original context in using the software.

Cons

Upper mgmt / ownership hasliterally no idea how to lead, instruct & support.
    Sales team in phoenix was blatantly treated worse than a team of janitors in their compensation and decision support. This resulted in them departing (yes all 3)
    ZERO support from the support team for the sales operation.
    ZERO marketing support exists= there is no automation or measurement involved in campaign operations or through the website, nor are there true marketing subject matter experts involved.
    Commission structure is ridiculous. $200-400.00 per month is not considered good.

No advice is needed for the one person that feels she has all of the answers. However after the mass exodus/forced exit of VP of sales, Sales mgr and seven sales reps you might take a look in mirror.