nFocus Solutions

Ananda Roberts

Fun and exciting company

Former Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Healthy pay and raises, good work gets noticed, opportunities to participate in every part of the business, get to work with organizations improving the lives of our nation's youth

Cons

Things can change quickly, those that do not produce quality work are quickly noticed

not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

can bring dog to work

Cons

none that I can think of

thanks

Beware...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The customers were great to work with

Cons

There aren't enough words to say about how awful this place is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people walking out the door....Why is this

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Developers and client support staff keep our company going.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership, Leadership, Leadership

Watching out great people walk out the door. Why is this????Advice to Senior Management – Stop posting phony reviews that are blatantly written by the top folks or long standing HR person. This could be a great company if you left running it to people that actually had experience running companies. On a cursory 3 minute search of linkedin it is easy to find 12 different people that have worked in sales or marketing for Nfocus - that did not stay in the job for a solid 12 months in the Austin sales office (AND there are probably more that chose not to even enter it on their profile). It looks like the AVERAGE employment time before they quit or are fired is 8 months. This cannot entirely or even partially be attributed to poor performance as many of the employees were hired at different times and different sales managers.

Great Place and Innovation

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I was able to contract at nFocus(Phoenix) for a couple of months before getting deployed with the Army. I really enjoyed working with them. The people there were really nice and respectful. They listened to my ideas that I would bring to the table. They are also a great supporter of soldier’s being deployed as well and even sent my soldiers and I a care package. I know they are hard on flex-time, but they worked with me which I really appreciated.

Cons

The cons for me was the distance to drive to work. I usually lived within a 10 to 15 minutes commute to work and with nFocus, it was about an hour during rush hour.
    The other con for me was not being able to get out and play the golf course that I get to look at through the window everyday.
    The other one is the business casual environment. Even that is not a big deal though.

With seeing a couple of reviews from others, maybe implement a yearly 360 anonymous feedback system like we do in the Army. This would be a stress free holistic look from both sides.

Read the reviews prospective sales & marketing people

Current Employee - Community Solutions Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Solutions Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

Some great technology
    Specific interest in helping community based organizations
    good base compensation

Cons

Web browser integration (safari, firefox)
    Leadership & support
    commission structure

“It is a good place to learn and work.”

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Every employee has the ability to change the world everyday. It's an exciting place to work, with the smartest professionals in the industry. The absolute best reason to work at nFocus was the community; you're surrounded by intelligent people who are very competent and eager to accomplish team goals as well as their own. You would be hard pressed to find another company with a similar environment, culture, perks, and benefits.

Cons

There are two moderately negative aspects of working at nFocus, one being that the work tends to become your life! You will often find yourself working until long after you were to have been off the clock, however this is normally due to the love of the job. Another is with all smaller companies, you will thrive if you're a person that appreciates the fact that many processes are not in place but there for you to create or re-vamp.

Keep the company open and maintain our culture as we grow. Continue training younger managers and develop for career paths employees.

Worked for nFocus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!