nFusion

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Ellett

Improvements on the rise

ProsGreat benefits, flex time, goodies, time off, salaries, company culture.

ConsLocation of the office is too far away for most employees, not enough structure between managers and their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWant work done on time? Then force your employees to work the full 8 hours. Most show up at 9:30 and stay till 5pm max.

A sweat shop that needs a lot of work

ProsMost of the people you work with are pretty nice and the company tries to cover up the overall low morale of the employees with constant free food and special outings. The current location of the company is quite pleasant with a view of the 360 bridge (we'll be moving further out this fall - not looking forward to that commute). Overall people do try to crank out the decent work but clients seem to rule and account services just takes orders and pushes it through the pipeline. Most people seem to have flexible working conditions, which is a positive - the company allows you to come in a bit later or take out a few hours here and there to take care of personal errands.

ConsLike the title of this review, nFusion is not a real agency, but more like an assembly line where everyone tries to put the last minute pieces together to produce OK work, not stellar by any means. Seems like a lot of time is wasted on internal processes that upper management has been trying to implement. No one but a handful of people actually have real agency experience. It definitely worries me that the company's financial status is all dependent on one or two clients. The upper management is clueless - they don't listen to employees and only pretend to care. The past few months people have been dropping like flies - turn over rate is super high, mostly due to the fact that the company environment is toxic and very negative - definitely related to upper management personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of pretending to care, why not actually listen to what your employees are saying and not only care about the bottom line. Eventually people will hear about what a sweat shop this place really is. I'm only sticking around until I find something else because I highly doubt the company will change for the better any time soon.

Ok place but needs work

(Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood people among the lower tier employees who care about doing quality work. Free food. Good salaries and benefits.

ConsLack of processes makes projects a nightmare. Project management is virtually non-existent. A lack of leadership among the Directors/VPs causes a lot of problems. Account services allowing the clients to run the show creates a chaotic work environment with long hours and high stress levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a concerted effort to improve current company processes and working conditions for employees. Actually pay attention to how your employees are being treated by clients and Directors instead of only looking for the next huge client to land.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Media department is a mess

Biz Dev (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe design team does good work and makes nice looking websites for some of the clients, especially the bigger ones. They do good videos and print also.

ConsOf all the offerings, the media department is very, very worrisome. I'm not sure where the people in that department came from prior to nfusion, but the talent level is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better stuff, have better management and have better employees and try to keep them

Just like any other agency

Services (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe environment and culture is really great. Really good benefits like healthcare and dental.

ConsLike any agency, it lives and dies by it's clients. So if you work with a big client or two, and that client leaves, you are fired. It's a very risky work place because of this over-reliance. Your future is dictated by a third-party (a client) that you ultimately cannot control. Many people have been fired simply because a client leaves.

The Director level staff is also pretty weak. There is a lot of arrogance among them and only a couple are actually capable and contribute to bettering employees.

There really isn't anything special or different about this place from any other agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe in the office more. The CEO is golfing 5 days a week, so not really sure what he brings to the table. Also, if you have high turnover within a specific department, maybe you should look into the director of that department.

Clueless management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLot of free food!!! Good view. Nice people.

ConsAccount management doesn’t managing anything. They’re just taking orders and passing them along with crazy timelines. They think they’re the “strategic thinkers” of the agency but no research goes into anything they do. They’re just making uneducated guesses based on nothing more than opinions (or what the client dictates).

Creative is led by a very mediocre creative director from a big name agency who likes other creatives from big name agencies. They miss deadlines, they leave at 5, and they could care less. They ran off good talent and can only find new people in other states because the reputation has gotten so bad in Austin that we can’t recruit here.

The management team doesn’t know how to run an agency and everything suffers because of it. They need to learn more about their own industry.

Dev can’t keep talent because the work is boring, and the hours are long.

Decent but not great

Services (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMost people there are pretty smart and the office is nice. They stock up food, so you can eat free

ConsWay too much time spent on processes and time tracking, so no time left to actually do any work or provide good stuff to clients. Also very high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain employees better and ease up on pointless processes

Great clients, good work environment, fun outings

Search Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat place for people starting their career in advertising, tough to break into though. You get exposure to many different parts of digital marketing.

ConsYou need to teach yourself sometimes. Not a big deal if you're good at that, but can be challenging to younger employees who aren't "passionate" yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve the lower level people a bit more. I guess that's sort of what you get at a larger agency.

Great roster of clients, good exposure to strategy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat roster of clients for a small agency
    Very heavy focus on strategic thinking
    Smart people to work with
    Good work/life balance

ConsSometimes too small
    Takes a long time to be promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention
    Continue to focus on new hires and bringing in new talent
    Focus on creative team/capability

Supportive environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsnFusion has fabulous people to work with. They challenge each other to grow and test new ideas. Very supportive for someone that likes to work in a collaborative, direct environment.

ConsBecause nFusion is relatively small there aren't a lot of places to grow "up" in the organization. There are plenty of new challenges and opportunities within a given role, but growth and success is not always recognized with promotions or titles because it's a relatively "flat" organization to start with.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. We all appreciate candid feedback and updates. That's one of the stronger elements of the culture and I appreciate how that extends to individual and company performance.

Worked for nFusion? Contribute to the Community!