nSight Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Tess Kastning

Great company with people and family first culture

Former Employee - Director in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Burlington, MA

I worked at nSight full-time

Pros

Great people and diverse service offering across multiple industries. A perfect company if you are passionate about educational, technical and marketing content development.

Cons

Sometimes lack focus on core strengths and editorial expertise. Benefits weren't great. Not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Hone offerings around professional writing and editing services and narrow the number of industries to cater to. Update website to reflect the company's current services capabilities and forward momentum.

Apr 15, 2015 – Management

Thank you for the kind and honest review and feedback, as well as being a vital part in cultivating nSight's "family first" culture.

Bait and Switch

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at nSight as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting rate was very competitive. Multiple opportunities to work from home.

Cons

They would routinely lower the rate and increase the deliverables. Profit margin was the only concern. They don't respect boundaries, saying you can set your own schedule but criticizing if you are unavailable at other times. There's a lack of social competence among management as they fail to even acknowledge major life events (two team members lost parents during the project. They noticed, of course, because the staff member might not be able to deliver that week.)

Advice to Management

Grow a heart.

Apr 16, 2015 – Management

As you can imagine, I am troubled to read this and very sorry to hear that this was your experience working with nSight. It is a goal of our organization to be a human workplace, and my heart goes ... More

great place to work

Current Contractor - Freelance Editor
    Current Contractor - Freelance Editor

I have been working at nSight as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible, competitive salary and contracts, caring staff

Cons

Can't think of one con.

Apr 16, 2015 – Management

Thank you for the review; We're happy to have you on our team.

Good stepping stone

I have been working at nSight

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, a lot of autonomy, interesting work overall. Parking is not an issue and offices are located near freeways, restaurants, and shopping.

Cons

Salaries are low. Project managers are skilled in project management but lack background in education and training. Since most of their business is for educational publishers, this is a pain point.

A little scattered, but they try hard

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at nSight as a contractor

Pros

As a staffing agency, nSight can put you in touch with key people in the publishing industry.

Cons

They don't always have their facts in order before contacting potential job candidates. I have been left hanging on several opportunities, never to hear about them again.

Advice to Management

Please be better about following up with your candidates.

Apr 16, 2015 – Management

We're sorry that this is your experience. The staffing industry as a whole has a bad reputation for being unresponsive, and we try our best to go against that model. We even have a posting in our ... More

In over their heads

Former Contractor - Freelance Editor
    Former Contractor - Freelance Editor

I worked at nSight as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked with some great project managers and some of the work is interesting. They also pay every other week so you don't have to chase a paycheck.

Cons

Disorganized, lots of hurry up projects where you can't provide good quality (getting it done is more important that getting it right), hourly pay is low, they promise you work and then it doesn't materialize. Which is really great when you've turned away other work in anticipation of this "very important, quick turnaround project."

Advice to Management

Is there management there? I can't tell!

Apr 16, 2015 – Management

In following PMI project management guidelines, the goal is to find a balance across time, quality, and budget, a challenge in any industry. We're sorry that you were promised work that didn't ... More

8. Good first job, as a clearly defined contract position. Clear communication from team members.

Former Contractor - Production Assistant in Burlington, MA
    Former Contractor - Production Assistant in Burlington, MA

I worked at nSight as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good first job. Contract position as their busy times are seasonal. Most contractors work remotely. People in office are very friendly, professional, and helpful in general.

Cons

Bulk of the work is geared around the college semesters, it's a contract gig largely, but if you do well, part time hours can be extended.

Advice to Management

No real advice except that your model appears to work well for your busy seasons, but consider the talent that you may be passing on in the meantime. You could potentially be developing more products/services with this talent.

Great small company with dedicated, loyal, hardworking employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at nSight

Pros

Open management, shared information on performance, accessability, very flexible on work schedules

Cons

little corporate structure, fluid environment, multiple service offerings across two businesses can make it difficult to manage, set priorities, or focus resources

Advice to Management

Keep people informed, maintain open channels of communications or even expand them

RSS Feed </> Embed