netPolarity

Haixia Zhang

Fun

Accounting (Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsFace pace environment - the fun never stops. It's a small shop so you're more hands on than compared to a large corporation. It also means there's more problem solving involved. Some days you have to come into the office and wear many hats other days I only wear half a hat.

ConsYou need thick skin to be in the staffing agency.

The best introduction into staffing that you will ever find.

Campbell, CA

ProsTraining program! The netPolarity training program can take someone will zero industry experience and give them every tool needed to get a running start. It's a month long, and the content is sometimes a little dry; but you will learn about the jobs positions and technologies you will encounter everyday and how to talk to and handle the candidates you find. The sourcing training is very thorough, and will prepare you to create advanced Boolean strings and searches.

Form the business side, its modeled after req volume, the upside to this is that in a year here you will experience more jobs, technologies and skill sets than any other staffing agency or corporate recruiter ever will in the same time frame.

On the social side, the work atmosphere is generally pretty casual with lots of opportunity for individual personality to show. For the most part my coworkers are great, we have a good time while we work hard and sometimes play hard. Work happy hours, bagel Friday, excellent winter and summer company parties, and a softball team.

ConsIt's not a con so much as a reality, it can be a fast pace work environment with multiple reqs a day with expectations to match. Hard work pass off with great dividends. It's sales based, we sell jobs to candidates, and sell candidates to hiring managers. So like anything sales based, we have numbers to hit regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some of the account management to be more engaged with their teams and be more engaged with their various onsites.

A work life I take pride in.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

Pros-- Challenging work. As a fast-paced agency with an unmatched Fortune 1000 client base that we do, we swim in consistently high volume.

-- Training. Our training program is the best in the industry and we are one of (if not the only) staffing agency of our size that puts all recruiters and sourcers through an intense one month certification process.

-- A formal mentorship program. While employee mentoring is not new to netPolarity, we have added this as a formal program to the training we give our recruiters, sourcers and other staff members.

-- The employee community. The best thing this company does is hire great people. Employees are high-energy doers and team players.

-- Opportunities. The company is continuing to grow, making room for more leadership and management roles, opportunities for promotion are extended to employees with proven performance.

-- The world of staffing opens up. Our recruiters and sourcers are some of the most marketable staffing professionals in the industry. It is not uncommon for our employees to explore the world outside of netPolarity. We are known to produce high performance recruiters and sourcers. Our recruiters and sourcers are not only well-trained, our high volume environment gives them great exposure to some of the toughest technical requisitions on a daily basis -- experience you simply won’t get anywhere else. Our alumni can be found in some of tech’s hottest companies: Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Macy’s, Ebay, NetApp, just to name a few.

-- Focus on Employee Engagement and Happiness at Work. We dedicate resources to ensure our employees are engaged and happy. As the person tasked with this initiative, I am able to speak firsthand about our efforts, which has full executive support.

-- Dynamic workplace. Hard to describe. Come and visit. Ask for Lisa Amorao (me).

Cons-- Commission-based compensation structure -- Just like most (if not all) staffing agencies, compensation is commission-based. It is difficult to build up, which some might find frustrating.

-- High volume, fast-paced environment. Many of the things that make netPolarity great are also the same things that people find challenging. Not everyone is built for this environment. We don’t have a lot of “slow” days. Burnout is a major challenge we are actively addressing.

-- High employee turnover -- As mentioned above, our recruiters and sourcers are some of the most marketable professionals in the industry. As a result, we do tend to lose our people to high-dollar contract recruiting gigs in big-name companies. While we are happy to see our colleagues explore the world of opportunities that have opened up to them as a result of their employment at netPolarity, strong friendships tend to form at netPolarity and it’s never easy when a friend leaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is going through some major transformations and those of us who have been here for years feel and see the positive changes. It is encouraging to see the organization going to the next level with its employees, going beyond our training and putting greater emphasis on continued mentorship, employee engagement and happiness at work.

Employees that have been promoted would be greatly served by leadership and management training to ensure they are set up for success in their new roles.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is what you make if it.

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsI'm glad the company is starting to embrace they are a fantastic stepping stone into recruiting. With that being said I believe that every job has it's pros and cons and a job is what you make of it. After a little over a year at the company I realized that my big box retail background and need to move up and be a part of something bigger was not a fit at netpolarity. There are some pretty awesome people working at the company and I truly enjoyed working with my account manager and the team I was placed on. Again, a good stepping stone but you can really only move up if you are a part of the in crowd over there, sad but true. Elda and Lisa are truly an assets to that company and I feel like they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Elda is a great manager and really knows what she is doing, and Lisa , she is always there to listen or try and drive the engagement in the company.

ConsIt is VERY micro managed there, I come from a metrics driven background and it was still too much. Really never seems like you can be good enough over there. There is a major lack of professionalism I feel in the office, people come and go as they please, drink during the day, two hour lunches. Sometimes I felt like I was working in a frat house. I seriously started to question the ethics of the company and the financial stability of the company as well. They shut down for two weeks at Christmas forcing employees to use their pto or simply not get paid for one week, and they did cover a few days of the other . And I heard the following come out of a Account Managers mouth the other day "well I need to look up the linkedin profile or Facebook because I'm not going to send someone over that's not good looking" whatever context it was in, and even if he didn't mean it that way. He shouted it across the office...for new employees to hear. Come on...really? Don't expect any kind of performance review or anything either. You really only get feedback when you are doing something you don't like. The employees are extremely cliquey and I often felt excluded and overlooked mostly because I was not an Asian male,

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee engagement also means appreciating your employees by telling them. You can do all the cook outs you want but until you as an owner actually start to treat everyone the same and not play favorites or make people feel like they are inferior you will always be a revolving door. Perception is reality.....

Good place to learn and grow you skill set

Campbell, CA

ProsAwesome exposure to technology. Great learning platform for career growth.

ConsYou will work a lot of hours to get you desk going.

Great place to learn

Technical Sourcer (Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsThere's no better place to start out a career in staffing. The training program is top notch, and even industry recognized. People who start out at netPolarity are typically contacted by the largest tech companies in the world seeing if they want to recruit for them.

It's a small team environment and everyone is really great to work with and willing to help each other out, in my experience.

They promote from within, so it is possible to turn netPolarity in to a long term career if you are successful and outgoing.

ConsThey simply can't match the large contracts that the bigger tech companies can offer, so people usually don't stick around for more than a couple years at most. It is possible to build up your army of contractors, and over time make a fairly decent amount of money, but it takes a long time. You need to be very patient and very dedicated, and you also have to work very well with your team.

The high turnover also has a negative effect on the people who do stick around in that every so often, you lose a more experienced person on your team for an inexperienced person. You live and die by the strength of your team here. If your team is good and you work well together you will definitely succeed. But then you will inevitably lose a really talented sourcer or recruiter and it will greatly effect your numbers.

Also, the health insurance plan kind of sucks.

Was a nice place to work at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsAccess to all requirements in the company. Equally distributed opportunities if you know how to get them.

ConsToo much of micro management and following processes. Just throwing bodies in a situation is not going to help anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcesses are to get the job done not stop it from getting it done. You should trust your employees more.

hourly rate rip off

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Foster City, CA

ProsIf you need a break, this is the company
    If you are desperate to have a job, this is the company
    If you need a paycheck right now, this is the company

ConsWhat they charge the client - $100/hr
    What they offer and eventually pay - $40/hr
    You be the judge !

Advice to Senior Management60% marging every hour every consultant, to maintain your company ?!

Don't believe the “Truly a great place to work.” reviewer... They have a PR person that writes this stuff.

Campbell, CA

Pros- Place to get your feet wet in the recruiting world then move on the better opportunities.
    - The technology training class is okay, but not worth the $10k they people.

Cons- It's very cliquish. Feels like you are back in high school where the cool kids our on one side and the unpopular kids are on the other. Worker and managers talk crap about each all the time.
    - They usually like to promote women. The only time they promote a guy is when managers start to leave and they need someone at that spot or they haven't hired a cute girl yet.
    - Your all is never enough for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy give them any, they don't ever listen or too afraid of the owners.

Not worth your energy or your time.

Campbell, CA

ProsGood training by employees that already have current and prior working experience in the staffing industry, and that's really the only good thing about this company.

ConsUpper management (Account Managers) don't take any responsibility for team performance and more then often point the finger at the employees below them. Also, the revolving door environment keeps the overall moral very low at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's called "Leadership by Example" people! The Account Managers should be working the same amount of hours as the employees below them and be at the office the same hours as everyone else. Get rid of the Account Managers that play the blame game, and hire new Account Managers that actually have leadership skills. Also, terminate the CEO and you'll see a whole new company be reborn!

Worked for netPolarity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at netPolarity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for netPolarity CEO Haixia Zhang. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by netPolarity employees.