netPolarity

Haixia Zhang

Good workplace

Current Employee - DataQuality Analyst in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - DataQuality Analyst in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The compensation is good and they have great work culture

Cons

Interaction with the management is less when on client location

I'm happy that I learned what a bad agency is like ...

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All the lower tiered workers (Recruiters/Sourcers) are extremely nice and inviting. We have a lot of group functions.

Cons

Unless you are an Account Manager, you will get paid below average. Recruiters/Sourcers get hounded for every little metric. I did not find upward mobility possible. I felt there was a lot of politics for a small company. They have a training program that is not worth the money. It was not a good company to work for.

The President/CEO should increase wages and focus on quality when submitting resumes compared to quantity.

netPolarity Response

Dec 17, 2014President

Hello there. My name is David Chuang, president of netPolarity.

I am happy to read that you found your co-workers to be extremely nice and inviting. Our highly engaged employee and alumni
    ... More

Worst working experience of my life.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some very.. nice and helpful people work here. I met some great folks, learned a lot about 'business culture' and Silicon Valley competition.

Cons

Terrible company to work for. A revolving door of employees, as they tend to fire veteran recruiters so they can absorb their commission. Morale very low. Compensation is barely a living wage for Silicon Valley. It's one thing for a company to be 'all about the money' which I understand. It's another thing entirely to sacrifice the well-being of your employees in order to scrape a few more dollars out of them. Account Managers at netPolarity have very little work to actually do; they basically just make sure their underlings are hitting the phones like a call-center, and threaten you with sanctions, firing, or whatever type of punishment when things aren't going to plan.

I was witness to various HR misconduct from employees and even management; sexism, racism, lack of integrity - outright lying to clients, contractors, and internal employees. There's a lot of nepotism at this company, and upper management has no clue how to relate to or empathize with their workers.

Bottom line: this place has an awful company culture. You can tell they are insecure financially; their industry is becoming obsolete as more and more companies would rather invest in building their company with solid new hires rather than go through a contract recruiting agency that is all about skimming profits

Don't treat your employees like drones in a sweatshop and you may actually inspire some loyalty.

As a contractor, quick results & no-nonsense

Former Employee - Contractor in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Bellevue, WA

I worked at netPolarity as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I've worked with multiple contracting agencies in the past, and I've had many negative experiences. Many staffing firms never follow up when the client chooses another candidate, or they want an excessive number of "references" to try to build their client base, or they try to sell you positions paying way below market level (they of course are making a fortune by ripping you off, but that's another story...).

With NetPolarity, I received a call from a recruiter who already had a job in mind. I didn't need to submit an extra application, I didn't need to provide ten references for them to harass, and I didn't need to come in to the office for 10 minutes to waste time. Instead, my recruiter pitched a contract position over the phone, coordinated a phone screen and an onsite interview directly with the client, and followed up very quickly with their decision. The pay was $19/hr for a temp to hire office manager role (Robert Half offered a similar role at the time for $12/hr, just an fyi). I was very pleased with how prompt the recruiter was. The entire process took only 7 days.

Unfortunately the company selected another candidate for the role, but as far as contractor interviewing experiences go, I was very satisfied.

Cons

I didn't get the position I interviewed for. That's really more the client's decision than NetPolarity's choice, but at this time I can't say that NetPolarity placed me into a job.

I got a lot of emails from my recruiter late at night (as in after 7 PM), so I question if work-life balance is discouraged for recruiters.

Employer Review

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All around Great environment. They can mold anyone coming from any background and shape them into a great recruiter. I myself came from a banking background and never saw myself in the technical industry. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to pick the brains of the well knowledgeable and experienced employees here. David, (President of NetPolarity) sits not in an office room but out with his employees, always available for help. He encourages questions to be asked and makes great suggestions that I would have never considered, a great out of the box thinker.

Cons

Only con I would make here is none. I really don't see any cons.

Great Introduction to the Staffing Industry

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Great Training Curriculum
    - Ability to grow and move up within the company
    - The amount of people who will help you to succeed within the company

NetPolarity is a great company to work for. If you work hard, you will be rewarded within the company. There's a tremendous amount of room to either improve your skills, your pay, or even both!

Cons

- As this is agency recruiting, it is sales driven. So, if you are considering a position within netPolarity, you must be ready to give 100% everyday!

My advice to management would be to continue the company moral we have going! As we see each other Monday- Friday, we are more like family than co-workers. So, its great to celebrate our success with our bbqs and parties!

A mediocre company at best

I worked at netPolarity as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Health benefits option for contractors

Cons

Troublesome management. Troublesome communications. Provided incorrect information about the term of the contract. They never follow up, one would have to bug them daily to get response regarding a miniscule issue

Please train your personnel appropriately

Honest review from a seasoned recruiter

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training, location, and colleagues (not account managers or upper management).

Cons

- Pay/commission structure are one of the worse in the industry.
    - Account Managers are paid 4-5x more than a recruiter just to hand out assignments.
    - Owner and CEO believe they can play god and make/change rules and metrics as you go. They also park in the handicapped spot
    - They ask for a 1 year agreement from you, but I have colleagues who tough it out for a couple years and - management still terminates them to retain the recruiters' commission and bring on a newer cheaper recruiter.
    - They hired a "marketing manager", but most of her time is marketing to the internal staff on how "privileged" we are to work for netPolarity. The positive reviews are most likely her signing up a few times
    - nicknamed netPOORlarity

- Value your employees
    - Meet standard salary expectations
    - Hire a CEO that knows how to run a company. not your wife

Fun

Current Employee - Accounting in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Face pace environment - the fun never stops. It's a small shop so you're more hands on than compared to a large corporation. It also means there's more problem solving involved. Some days you have to come into the office and wear many hats other days I only wear half a hat.

Cons

You need thick skin to be in the staffing agency.

The best introduction into staffing that you will ever find.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training program! The netPolarity training program can take someone will zero industry experience and give them every tool needed to get a running start. It's a month long, and the content is sometimes a little dry; but you will learn about the jobs positions and technologies you will encounter everyday and how to talk to and handle the candidates you find. The sourcing training is very thorough, and will prepare you to create advanced Boolean strings and searches.

Form the business side, its modeled after req volume, the upside to this is that in a year here you will experience more jobs, technologies and skill sets than any other staffing agency or corporate recruiter ever will in the same time frame.

On the social side, the work atmosphere is generally pretty casual with lots of opportunity for individual personality to show. For the most part my coworkers are great, we have a good time while we work hard and sometimes play hard. Work happy hours, bagel Friday, excellent winter and summer company parties, and a softball team.

Cons

It's not a con so much as a reality, it can be a fast pace work environment with multiple reqs a day with expectations to match. Hard work pass off with great dividends. It's sales based, we sell jobs to candidates, and sell candidates to hiring managers. So like anything sales based, we have numbers to hit regularly.

Get some of the account management to be more engaged with their teams and be more engaged with their various onsites.