nliven systems Reviews

4.1

Marc Willard

Great place to work - exciting and noble purpose

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Feels like a start up with the backing of a large company.

Cons

New products need to be proven in the market.

Communicate a little more frequently.

Great products are not the main focus

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment is pretty good. A lot of freedom and perks.

Cons

Red tape and nepotism runs the culture. Management can't help you if there is a problem. Highest paid people tend to get their way no matter the cost of making a bad decision or making a bad product.

Fight for your team or leave management.

Not Bad

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I worked at nliven systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food, great working atmosphere

Cons

Relocated from PB to Sorrento Valley, I miss the beach.

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A technology company that truly cares about people, both inside and out.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nliven has taken the approach of succeeding in a highly competitive market by hiring great people and working smarter. With many other companies, costs are cut by lay-offs, reduced benefits and outsourcing. Not at nliven. The company is dedicated to the employees by increasing benefits (bonuses, training and perks) and inspiring a work environment that competes by working smarter and more efficiently. The company has also shown commitment to the employees by placing technical managers for all technical staff. This has greatly improved the ability for us technical employees to grow our careers and plan a future.

It is very rewarding and inspirational to work for a company that cares so much, has a great cause (improving life-long health and well-being) and has employees that are motivated, intelligent and dedicated. I like the great benefits, such as flexible hours, every other Friday off, free snacks and beverages, paid volunteer days, on-site gym and pool. However, what I enjoy the most about working at nliven is the ability to continually take on new challenges, this has kept work at nliven fresh and motivating.

nliven is a truly great company. I have finally found a career, not just a job.

Cons

New products must be still be proven and sold in the market. (But I believe in the new products!)

Keep showing you care, the employees will ensure the rest happens.

nliven Systems promotes healthier happier living not only within our technology, but within our company.

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a company that provides technology for Lifelong Well-Being, we know that it takes more to life than work and home. It requires enjoyment of both to promote healthier, happier living. We are encouraged at nliven to participate in fun activities such as a blog, sports (baseball, walking luncheon, etc...), recipe luncheon competitions (Healthy Salad competitions, etc...), healthy living environment (provides snacks such as fresh fruits, nuts, protein and fiber bars, etc...), helping community and environmental activities (raise money for charities and local functions, hold blood drives, and many more) that the company sponsors.

I have been with the company for many years and, the company goes out of its way to ensure that the remote employees remain and feel connected to the company and not just left out there disconnected. They provide a sense of community that encompasses the remote employees including invitations to attend time in the San Diego office for the yearly kick off.

I am proud to be a part of nliven Systems and look forward to working with the nliven teams for many more years to come.

Cons

There are times when we have to put in those extra hours to get that big contract. (It is so worth it)

Keep up the great work you are doing. You are going in the right direction!

Life at nliven

Current Employee - Hard Worker  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hard Worker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at this company (formally known as DefenseWeb) for many years now. Since we've become nlive, our company has been reborn into a new and fresh culture with strong team values and great people. I'm excited to be here. I love the people I work with and I love the missions we are accomplishing in the commercial and DOD sectors.

Cons

Sometimes the bananas that the company provides are brown, but the oranges are always sweet and the apples are crisp!

Keep smiling.

One of the best Places I have ever worked at!

Current Employee - Sales Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The community/culture within nliven is simply top notch! I have been with nliven for close to three years and it just keeps getting better! Management understands the value of its employees and fosters a great atmosphere in where employees are encouraged to voice their issues and ideas. I have yet to come across a situation in where ego and pride has gotten in the way of getting the job done. The team aspect is definitely in full effect and everyone from HR to the most senior technical Architect is always willing and able to give a helping hand when needed.

Cons

Not enough Keurig coffee Machines in the office space

Best culture in the industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Purpose driven culture, from serving military family members to addressing key well-bieng issues, nliven has a great mission. The leadership invests in building that culture with healthy snacks, coordinated volunteer events, compressed schedules, frequent training and social events.

Cons

Besides the traffic in Sorrento Valley and some growth pains from new products, there is not a lot to complain about.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at nliven systems full-time

Pros

Agile methodologies used to increase project efficiency.

Smart people, Collaborative environment and Great company culture.

Health initiatives taken to make employees more health conscious.

Compressed work week policy enables employees to take alternate Friday off!

Committed leadership.

Cons

No telecommuting allowed.

Benefits are not as competetive.

All About the People

I have been working at nliven systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at nliven are fantastic and the biggest reason this is the best job I've ever had. Not only are they very focused on making the best product for our customers, but everyone seems to genuinely care about each other and how we are doing outside of work as well as within.

Senior management has really been open to suggestion and has stepped up some key things that don't seem business related (on the surface). For instance, in the past 3 months many opportunities to volunteer and help out the community have been suggested and participated in (we get 2 paid volunteer days per calendar year). In addition through the Culture Committee, healthy snacks are provided (as well as candy), group outside walks are organized (breaks from sitting in front of the computer all day), and company achievement awards are given out to deserving individuals.

Our products help families, and it is rewarding to know at the end of the day that you were a part of something that could help someone else have a better life. The company also believes in work/life balance.

Cons

As with any company, we do have a variety of personalities which can be interesting.

Keep doing what you are doing, it's working!!

Worked for nliven systems? Contribute to the Community!