nliven systems
www.nliven.com San Diego, CA 50 to 149 Employees

nliven systems Reviews

Not yet rated.

Marc Willard

Great place to work - exciting and noble purpose

ProsFeels like a start up with the backing of a large company.

ConsNew products need to be proven in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate a little more frequently.

Great products are not the main focus

Senior Designer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsWork environment is pretty good. A lot of freedom and perks.

ConsRed tape and nepotism runs the culture. Management can't help you if there is a problem. Highest paid people tend to get their way no matter the cost of making a bad decision or making a bad product.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for your team or leave management.

Not Bad

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsFree food, great working atmosphere

ConsRelocated from PB to Sorrento Valley, I miss the beach.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A technology company that truly cares about people, both inside and out.

San Diego, CA

Prosnliven has taken the approach of succeeding in a highly competitive market by hiring great people and working smarter. With many other companies, costs are cut by lay-offs, reduced benefits and outsourcing. Not at nliven. The company is dedicated to the employees by increasing benefits (bonuses, training and perks) and inspiring a work environment that competes by working smarter and more efficiently. The company has also shown commitment to the employees by placing technical managers for all technical staff. This has greatly improved the ability for us technical employees to grow our careers and plan a future.

It is very rewarding and inspirational to work for a company that cares so much, has a great cause (improving life-long health and well-being) and has employees that are motivated, intelligent and dedicated. I like the great benefits, such as flexible hours, every other Friday off, free snacks and beverages, paid volunteer days, on-site gym and pool. However, what I enjoy the most about working at nliven is the ability to continually take on new challenges, this has kept work at nliven fresh and motivating.

nliven is a truly great company. I have finally found a career, not just a job.

ConsNew products must be still be proven and sold in the market. (But I believe in the new products!)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep showing you care, the employees will ensure the rest happens.

Great company to work for!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsAgile methodologies used to increase project efficiency.

Smart people, Collaborative environment and Great company culture.

Health initiatives taken to make employees more health conscious.

Compressed work week policy enables employees to take alternate Friday off!

Committed leadership.

ConsNo telecommuting allowed.

Benefits are not as competetive.

All About the People

ProsThe people at nliven are fantastic and the biggest reason this is the best job I've ever had. Not only are they very focused on making the best product for our customers, but everyone seems to genuinely care about each other and how we are doing outside of work as well as within.

Senior management has really been open to suggestion and has stepped up some key things that don't seem business related (on the surface). For instance, in the past 3 months many opportunities to volunteer and help out the community have been suggested and participated in (we get 2 paid volunteer days per calendar year). In addition through the Culture Committee, healthy snacks are provided (as well as candy), group outside walks are organized (breaks from sitting in front of the computer all day), and company achievement awards are given out to deserving individuals.

Our products help families, and it is rewarding to know at the end of the day that you were a part of something that could help someone else have a better life. The company also believes in work/life balance.

ConsAs with any company, we do have a variety of personalities which can be interesting.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, it's working!!

nliven Systems promotes healthier happier living not only within our technology, but within our company.

ProsAs a company that provides technology for Lifelong Well-Being, we know that it takes more to life than work and home. It requires enjoyment of both to promote healthier, happier living. We are encouraged at nliven to participate in fun activities such as a blog, sports (baseball, walking luncheon, etc...), recipe luncheon competitions (Healthy Salad competitions, etc...), healthy living environment (provides snacks such as fresh fruits, nuts, protein and fiber bars, etc...), helping community and environmental activities (raise money for charities and local functions, hold blood drives, and many more) that the company sponsors.

I have been with the company for many years and, the company goes out of its way to ensure that the remote employees remain and feel connected to the company and not just left out there disconnected. They provide a sense of community that encompasses the remote employees including invitations to attend time in the San Diego office for the yearly kick off.

I am proud to be a part of nliven Systems and look forward to working with the nliven teams for many more years to come.

ConsThere are times when we have to put in those extra hours to get that big contract. (It is so worth it)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work you are doing. You are going in the right direction!

Great place and people to work with

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsOpportunity to work on new technologies, cross training and flexible work schedule.

ConsCompany is trying to get stable and make position in the market with new products, good in one way but little uncertainity as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Life at nliven

Hard Worker (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsI've worked at this company (formally known as DefenseWeb) for many years now. Since we've become nlive, our company has been reborn into a new and fresh culture with strong team values and great people. I'm excited to be here. I love the people I work with and I love the missions we are accomplishing in the commercial and DOD sectors.

ConsSometimes the bananas that the company provides are brown, but the oranges are always sweet and the apples are crisp!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep smiling.

One of the best Places I have ever worked at!

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThe community/culture within nliven is simply top notch! I have been with nliven for close to three years and it just keeps getting better! Management understands the value of its employees and fosters a great atmosphere in where employees are encouraged to voice their issues and ideas. I have yet to come across a situation in where ego and pride has gotten in the way of getting the job done. The team aspect is definitely in full effect and everyone from HR to the most senior technical Architect is always willing and able to give a helping hand when needed.

ConsNot enough Keurig coffee Machines in the office space

Worked for nliven systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at nliven systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for nliven systems CEO Marc Willard. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by nliven systems employees.