ooShirts Reviews

2.7
Raymond Lei

1. Great Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Love the people! CSM and Supervisors are understanding and kind. Always willing to help when needed. Decent pay. Laid back environment, no dress code either.

Cons

Sometimes the business can fluctuate. Calls and chats can be stressful at times, but nothing too hard to handle. Overall, definitely a great job.

Advice to Management

Do a little more for the employees to make them feel appreciated. Possibly bigger events or more team activities.

2. I'm Embarrassed to work at Ooshirts

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office is conveniently located in the Lawrence area and some of my coworkers are really sweet folks who are easy to get along with. The office is also gerenally pretty quiet so I like that.

Cons

First, I'm fairly certain that most of the postive reviews for Ooshirts on this website are placed there by HR or the Public Relations Specialist because I do not know of a single co-worker who would have such great things to say about Ooshirts. Ooshirts is based out of California and hires young people with little experience or education at low pay. There is little job satisfaction and a high turnover rate. I've quit bothering the learn the names of new hires because I know that most of them will be gone in a months time. The Indianapolis shiftleads(supervisors) answer directly to the director of customer service who is based out of California. The shiftleads are given very little authority and seem to have very little experience, as a result the customer service center of Ooshirts is inefffectively micro-managed from the west Coast. As a customer service represenative I was told to lie to customers. Emphasis is placed on "utilization" ie quantity of work rather than quality. Hard work is seldom thanked or acknowledged. When I was hired I was lead to believe that being moved to a different department would result in a raise. I was mislead. For a long time I truly tried to care about my job and believe that I was working for a good orginization, but I can no longer bring myself to care about company has never seemed to care about me. I'm embarassed to work for Ooshirts.

Advice to Management

Ooshirts runs a lean operation to keep pricing competitive and while the pricing may be attractive the quality of customer service has definitely suffered. Skliied labor doesn't come cheap and cheap labor doesn't come skilled.

3. Very poorly managed

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Berkeley, CA

Pros

nice people. Unfortunately the turnover is so high you won't be seeing them long.

Cons

Owner treats employees and customers alike with utter disdain. Just a really depressing situation. No one is respected, everyone is expendable.

Advice to Management

Recognize that you actually benefit from treating people with decency, they work harder and the company makes more money.

5. Good Place to Grow

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

A start up feel with ample opportunity to grow.

Cons

Communication to other departments need to improve.

Advice to Management

Work together to share the same vision.

6. Good work, great people!

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong sense of community -Growing rapidly so opportunities are always popping up -Fun events for Customer Service -Great coworkers -Professional development programs in place

Cons

-High volume sometimes calls for long hours -Limited resources because policies change so rapidly -Communication between departments is not always where it needs to be

Advice to Management

Keep working on the company culture; its changed a lot over the past year which is good

Shift Lead - Supervisor

Former Employee - Shift Lead - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Shift Lead - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ooShirts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better pay than the CSR's. Looks good on a resume. You get close to the people who work there because usually they have taken the job as a last resort.

Cons

It's just a title. We are glorified babysitters being monitored 100% by CSM on a power trip in CA. No care for employees or customers. 95% of mgmt are related. We were made to degrade our employees who aren't paid what owner said they would be in his indy star interview when he took all the tax money and breaks from the mayor!

Advice to Management

Learn how to actually print a shirt correctly and then stand behind that product when it looks like crap. Try hiring some Americans who speak English to help the others learn how to do their jobs. My biggest advice...find a real job before the owner shows you how replaceable you are.

Graphic Artist

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Berkeley, CA

Pros

There are none. Location I guess?

Cons

Everything and especially the founder.

9. This Company is awesome

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

-Awesome work environment -Good Support from upper management in regard to answering your questions -Great Training -Holiday pay -The people here are amazing!

Cons

-At times we have limited resources and capabilities for what we can do to assist customers

10. Growing company with great opportunities!

I have been working at ooShirts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is growing at such a rapid rate and the opportunities to grow and expand in the workplace are beyond great. Our team and leaders really care about one another making the work environment that much better. There are high expectations, but who doesn't love a challenge to make you feel proud of your accomplishments. The chance for promotions are plentiful and the performance based earnings that are offered every month to employees is a great way to keep everyone motivated. I love working with this fast growing company and can't wait to see what is to come for ooShirts future.

Cons

We are busy, busy, busy, but some may not see that as a Con. That means business is still booming and continuing its growth! Great company and I am sure it will only continue to get better.

Advice to Management

Keep the same type of friendly work environment as things change and expand.

11. Fast-paced, exciting opportunity for growth, given ownership and resources.

I have been working at ooShirts full-time

Pros

The company is growing at lightning speed and there are many opportunities for growth. Though ooShirts already has over 200 employees, the culture is very startup-like and we get to take on much ownership if we ask for it. Upper management helps give us the resources we need to learn and grow in our position.

Cons

Since it's a fast-paced work environment, you will only grow as much as you challenge yourself. You have to take initiative and be passionate about what you're doing or you won't succeed.

Advice to Management

I would like to see improvement in the office culture/team community and work-life balance.

RSS Feed </> Embed