Publishing Reviews

Barnes & Noble

www.barnesandnoble.com HQ: New York, NY NYSE: BKS

A Barnes & Noble Merchandise Manager said:

“A great place to work”
“There is typically a great blend of people to work with, providing an enjoyable environment in which to work.” –
1,002 Reviews

Overall Company Rating

3.3 Employees say it's “OK”

Michael Huseby
58% Approve

Pearson

www.pearson.com HQ: London, United Kingdom NYSE: PSO

A Pearson employee said:

“All that glitters isn't gold.”
“Pearson is a forerunner in the education industry and that can be exciting, particularly from a digital standpoint. They also offer comprehensive competitive benefits and are open to flexible work…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.3 Employees say it's “OK”

John Fallon
56% Approve

YP

www.yp.com HQ: Tucker, GA

YP is a group of Doers who help local businesses and communities grow which is proven by our Top 40 U.S. web and mobile property and the fact we are used by 70 million unique visitors each month. Our…Full Overview

A YP Senior Manager said:

“Good and Bad. Fast Paced. Lack of Diversity in the Top Leadership Team. Owned by a financial investment firm.”
“Great people and some good managers. The office environment is not too bad. Many people have a positive outlook. The environment is never the same and is always changing.” –

YP CEO David Krantz

David Krantz
52% Approve

Gannett

www.gannett.com HQ: McLean, VA NYSE: GCI

A Gannett Intern said:

“Pretty good”
“Friendly coworkers make your day a lot easier. People are always willing to teach interns how things work and there is a camaraderie among pretty much everyone on the newsroom floor. Also…” –

Gannett President & CEO Gracia Martore

Gracia Martore
49% Approve

Cengage Learning

www.cengage.com HQ: Stamford, CT

Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company's products and services are…Full Overview

A Cengage Learning Associate Content Developer said:

“The products and overall company direction are on the rise; the office culture is not.”
“When I left, Cengage was changing for the better -- more of a movement towards sofware development (with all the appropriate steps, redesigning process and workflow, hiring UX designers and…” –

Overall Company Rating

2.9 Employees say it's “OK”

Cengage Learning CEO Michael Hansen

Michael Hansen
74% Approve

Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com HQ: Norfolk, VA

A Dominion Enterprises Web Developer said:

“great work home balance”
“excellent work home balance. good compensation, paid parking, good work environment, excellent training program” –

Overall Company Rating

2.5 Employees say it's “OK”

Dominion Enterprises President and COO Jack Ross

Jack Ross
43% Approve

Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com HQ: Eden Prairie, MN

A Lifetouch Photographer & Sales Associate said:

“Management concerned mostly about money”
“Opportunity to pursue photography as a career, without the hassle of owning your own studio” –

Lifetouch Chairman and CEO Paul Harmel

Paul Harmel
36% Approve

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

www.hmhco.com HQ: Boston, MA NASDAQ: HMHC

Our Culture As champions of curiosity, our employees are as much a part of the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt brand as the programs we promote, the products we sell, and the services we provide. We…Full Overview

An Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Sales Representative said:

“Sales Rep”
“It's a job! JOB, that's it...” –

Overall Company Rating

2.4 Employees are “Dissatisfied”

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt President & CEO Linda K. Zecher

Linda K. Zecher
53% Approve

Condé Nast

www.condenast.com HQ: New York, NY

A Condé Nast employee said:

“Incredible opportunities and projects.... and with it comes hard work and politics”
“Incredible brands and some of the most brilliant people I have ever worked with. This brand as a whole puts their all into what they create and it shows. You will gain access to some of the most…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.5 Employees are “Satisfied”

Condé Nast President and CEO Chuck Townsend

Chuck Townsend
81% Approve

Time

www.timeinc.com HQ: New York, NY

A Time Editorial said:

“Racing to the bottom”
“Prestigious editorial brand located in landmark midtown offices; many bright, curious journalists; free coffee, water and air-conditioning” –

Overall Company Rating

3.4 Employees say it's “OK”

Joseph A. Ripp