pureIntegration, LLC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Hejong Kim

A caring company to grow your career

I worked at pureIntegration, LLC full-time

Pros

1. Filled with smart and motivated people who take their careers seriously 2. Executive leadership is very accessible and there when you need them 3. A company that cares to build a meaningful culture. This is exemplified by the trouble they take to organize their annual retreat. 4. A very thorough annual performance review process that is very measurable metrics oriented and fair. 5. HR does a good job of ensuring salaries and benefit offerings are on par with market on an ongoing basis.

Cons

1. Small, individual projects can sometimes feel like staff augmentation. 2. Some projects require long term travel to client sites (no surprises here, nature of consulting)

Advice to Management

Continue to care for your people as they are your biggest asset. Build on your client relations and diversify the types of projects you go after.

2. A place to have a career

I have been working at pureIntegration, LLC full-time

Pros

Great driven individuals with a true desire to make a difference. A smaller organization with enough sophistication and where employees can feel as a critical members and not a number.

Cons

Work hard/play hard environment and only for those that are willing to do the hard work and think long term. No room for under performers or complacency.

Advice to Management

Continue to look forward and encourage thinking, leadership and innovation. Continue to build the company with people that are loyal, hard working and intelligent. Those who do not belong will naturally leave.

Intent is good but diluted by office politics

I worked at pureIntegration, LLC full-time

Pros

Smart, ambitious individuals that are passionate about making a real impact in the industry. Directors are committed to quality talent and quality service to clients. There is great camaraderie and culture among certain groups.

Cons

Corp office is riddled with office politics, cattiness, gossip and lack of HR infrastructure. HR leadership lacks real world experience thus those systems and processes are very much lacking. Rules and policies change depending on the season. For someone who is merit oriented and looking fora career, can be very frustrating. Lack of internal training and development programs and not really an opportunity for external development opportunities.

Advice to Management

Invest in real training and development. Hire a leader with real HR experience.

Mixed results with empty promises - get it in writing!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, the office environment is pretty enjoyable. There are potlucks at the holidays, birthday celebrations, spontaneous lunches, etc. which helps make it more than just a job but you do feel part of something. Being a small company and working in the headquarters office, you do have the opportunity to get exposure into multiple aspects of the internal workings of a company across various departments. They do encourage folks to pursue areas outside of their hired role and step into functions that may be more in line with their passion. There is a mentor/mentee program with senior leaders that enables junior staff to work with managers that they admire in helping their career advancement which is unusual in a small company and championed here which is refreshing. The PMs are great to work with!

Cons

Policies will change whenever it meets the needs of the executive leadership with no notice to employees especially when it comes to paying out incentive compensation and commission - get everything in writing detailing all terms whether for compensation or a services contract. There is very little understanding of the business market outside of the cable industry. If you do venture to a role outside of what you were hired for, there is no going back and if you do not succeed, you will most likely be let go. Even though they are a small business, there are a lot of policies and procedures put into place just like with a large business as that is the background most everyone within Senior Management came from which can be frustrating. Do not look to HR for support if you have an issue as there is not much experience by anyone running that department which is evident by the massive turnover within that group - office politics plays a key role and agree with earlier review in regards to that issue.

Advice to Management

Spend less money on fancy trips to island resorts for company events and more money on investing in employee development through training and into enhancing the benefits package. Hire a COO with corporate experience in running a business and grant them the decision making authority to make necessary changes. In the corporate retreat sessions, spend more time talking about the project work being done and IT opportunities/up and coming technologies that help staff stay current and marketable within the industry vs. just highlighting Director's resumes.

6. Abundant executive and management opportunities

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For executives the opportunities are a function of the depth of your relationships and entrepreneurship. For managers and Associates the opportunities are a function of excellent technical & PM skills along with ability to identify & resolve client needs. If you can make a business case, leadership will support your efforts. There are ample examples of success with clients to utilize for new client development. Most resources are the best in the industry. Annual company meetings are great opportunities to grow.

Cons

With a smaller firm you have to be prepared to be self-guided and identify your mentors. As executives you need to define your goals and be aggressive about achieving goals. As managers and associates you need to be partner with clients, help define your training and professional path.

Advice to Management

Executive management is very supportive of new business investments and business development. Can always improve on collaborating on annual goals and personal development.

7. Overall the best place to have a career. People are committed to growth, hard work, and high standards.

I have been working at pureIntegration, LLC full-time

Pros

Great group of smart individuals. Ability to grow in many areas and no limitation on exposure. Hard working environment starting at the top levels.

Cons

High visibility and expectations on all areas. Based on size, no large quantity of thousands of types of projects.

Advice to Management

To move with the times and adapt to new modern ways of doing business that may be different from the traditional ways at consulting companies. Both for the business as well as employee engagement.

8. Leadership autonomy and sincere executive support throughout my career!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pureIntegration has given me the autonomy and support to drive my career through a meandering series of interests. I can't imagine being able to change paths from QA engineering to development to technical project management to business program management to business requirements gathering in any other company. I value the accessibility of our executive leadership. From my first day as a new associate, I have always felt that I could have an honest and direct conversation with our C-level leadership about my concerns, questions, and aspirations for myself and for the company. I also feel strongly connected to the company despite being geographically scattered because we have semi-annual all-hands events as a company that are focused on building company culture as well as providing a comprehensive update on all corners of business within pureIntegration.

Cons

Thriving in this environment requires a self-directed stance in career development. There are occasions where I wish we had more structured/guided training (much like Accenture's core analyst training, core consultant training, etc). Self-guided training while delivering on the client site can make for very half-baked results. Therefore, there are many skills learned on the job and in my "spare" time (of which I have none).

Advice to Management

Stronger focus on internal training and resource development (self-led does not always work!). Focus on retention of resources not just through competitive salary, but also through opportunities for leading edge training and career development.

9. I have worked for several big consulting firms (e.g. AC, ACN, D&T), and pureIntegration is relatively the best so far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management Support – the executive team give us chances to develop new business/technology ideas, and guide us through the business case development process if we are willing to work hard to achieve our own dreams/goals. Since starting seven (7) years ago, I founded two (2) practices. Client Focus – as an employee, I am expected to deliver high quality deliverables to the clients, and my bonus ties directly to the client’s satisfactory. Company Culture – it’s a “work hard and play hard” environment. As is frequently the case with consulting jobs, we are expected to get the job done (vs. clock in at 9 AM and clock out at 6 PM), which means that we may work long hours occasionally. Meanwhile, we get to travel once a year to exotic places such as Mexico, Bahamas, etc. Employee Recognition – it’s a relatively small company; as a result, high performers will be recognized; meanwhile, under performers will be let go quickly.

Cons

I recognize that nothing is perfect, and pureIntegration has no exception. As a boutique consulting firm, an employee is expected to wear multiple hats.

Advice to Management

Please consider focusing on retention and internal training/development as well as hiring junior resources so our workforce is more balanced.

10. Good, but not great, place to be

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They took a chance on me, even though I had minimal relevant experience in both job function and industry. The company is a small close-knit group of people. Even though employees are spread out all over the country, annual gatherings give you ample opportunity to get to know employees from different regions. I got to work on a variety of different projects during my tenure there. Each project was a learning opportunity and presented its own set of challenges.

Cons

The company is narrowly focused on the cable TV industry. Every project is cable TV this, cable TV that... It would be nice if they did similar consulting work for clients outside of that industry. Also, the company is very top heavy; it seems that 80% of the company has a title of "manager" or above, which kind of cheapens it.

Advice to Management

Invest in more younger and inexperienced talent. What's the point of being a so-called manager if there's nobody below to manage? It's impossible for an associate to get any team lead experience when there are no other associates to lead.

11. Empty promises and underdelivered employee satisfaction

Former Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at pureIntegration, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The outward facing client experience was very nice. Expectations are high and delivered quality is impressed.

Cons

Little to no flexibility within project roles and responsibilities. For the most part, you are locked into a job function from on-boarding. This means begin to pack you things when your project is closing (no internal bench). Pay is not competitive and industry lower due to employee "perks". Having local and international offsite meetings per year, profit share, (potential) bonuses, company sponsored happy hours, is pitched during on-boarding as "perks". However, all of these expenses eventually trickle down and are factored into reduced employee salaries. Entrepreneurship is encouraged at every employee level and stressed for managers/directors; however, decisions to pursue are very "one" sided. Company is very management heavy (e.g., managers, directors, etc.). There is practically no opportunity for full time low level employees (e.g., associates, senior associates) to advance. Upon leaving this company, was resembling more of a staffing agency than a consulting firm.

Advice to Management

Place more focus on retention and internal training / development. Employee satisfaction equates to higher salaries, not free drinks and offsite meetings in tropical locations. Implementing large scale corporate politics for a small boutique consulting firm is not very effective.

RSS Feed </> Embed