rentalcars.com

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Greg Wills

rentalcars.com

ProsThe company is growing really fast, loads of internal jobs opportunities.

ConsThe salary is low and many people leave frequently.

Terrible attitude to software development

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsPay is competitive, and most people are pretty friendly.

ConsSoftware development is a constant battle here, no attempts at building quality software are made. Documentation is frowned upon. Refactoring doesn't happen. Everything is a quick fix. If it doesn't work throw it away and build something new.

If any of these are a red flag for you you definitely shouldn't work here.

Currently working

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsLike colleagues on grass root level l and the diversity of nationalities and cultures. Also like the opportunity to work with my native language. The company could be fantastic if it appreciated the staff.

ConsSince takeover of priceline.com all sales staff faced with impossible sales targets and met with corporate standard messages about working harder in spite of skipping breaks and working ridiculous amount of hours even to reach a minimum target. With minimum basic we depend on bonuses in the end of the month to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and reward you staff for hard work, experience and excellence. Start listening instead of sitting on high horses. We are facing customers every day whilst many managers have never spoken to them. We know what people want so we are the experts.Keep paying peanuts and you get eggs. Experience and quality is priceless.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rentalcars.com

ProsGood company to work for

ConsNo pension and/or benefits set as yet

Advice to Senior Management123

promised much, delivered nothing

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

Prospay is reasonably good, as is the location in the city centre of manchester and the new office building is very impressive.

Consanother web based company who have made so many failed attempts in the last 3 years at a mobile presence it's embarrassing. the quality of the engineering is pitiful, with the obsession on quick fixes and hacks to increase 'conversion' as opposed to anything scalable or robust. from the top down, the bullying, call-centre culture the business was borne out of still permeates.
    if you are a software engineer wants to be challenged, rentalcars is not for you. if you want to argue the toss about a/b testing on native apps, or backend api design with inept managements then fill your boots.
    as an aside to this, the hours are unusually long (40/week) and there is absolutely nothing in terms of personal development or staff perks. you even have to provide your own coffee - archaic...

Advice to Senior Managementdump the senior management who contribute nothing other than drawing large salaries and get a decent technical strategist in there.

Worked for rentalcars.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at rentalcars.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for rentalcars.com CEO Greg Wills . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by rentalcars.com employees.