teleNetwork

Be The First To
Add Photos

teleNetwork President and CEO Anthony Herrera

Anthony Herrera

Pros
  • Being a work from home agent is always a plus esp being a single parent(in 65 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling for working around a school schdule or other activities(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • EXTREMELY LOW PAY - Very low for the industry; you have to wait almost 1(in 19 reviews)

• Team leaders give preferential treatment to attractive female technicians(in 11 reviews)

Great At Home Oppurtunity

ProsFlexible Hours, Easy Training, Always opportunity to move forward, promotions made from within company, Team Leads are very understanding and flexible with changing your schedule, follows scheduled availability. L2's really helpful, upper level listens to you, great benefits. Good Supplementary pay-not too high if you are trying to support yourself on one income, lots of ER (early release) offered on slow days, Co-workers are pretty friendly

Constakes a while for changes in schedule to show up (at least a month), can be very fast paced at times, back to back calls, some L2's can be kinda rude and sarcastic, can be repetitive,

Advice to Senior ManagementPay Increase, Faster response to scheduling changes

Decent low paying job

Tier One Tech Support (Current Employee)

Proswork at home, flexible hours

Conslow pay, repetitive, overnight management is terrible

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey promote from within, easy to move up, as long as you do the job.

ConsSales, coming into the job, I was expecting just tech support, with sales just being there if you wanted to try. Its now mandatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementContests are fun in team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be better... you are growing

TSR L1 (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsYou can work from home and not have to worry about making it into an office environment.

ConsManagement is very stuck up. I am a human and you are no better than me. You may think you are more knowledgeable than others but don't be that way and then ask for help because a mac doesn't work and you are a pc kinda guy/gal.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to keep and train your employees. Don't promise a raise and not give it month after month and give excuses as to why. Well your internet wasn't that great last week and we know you were off but came in to work but we aren't going to give you a raise.

If you like empty promises and no raises this place is for you

Tier One Tech Support (Current Employee)

ProsChristmas bonus that is all.

ConsThey only allow 3 people to take lunch at the same time when there are easily 100+ people in the break queue. So you may or may not get a lunch break that day. If you go over 1 minute on a break, they start harassing/threatening to clock you out. Team Leaders only care about the bonus they get at the end of every month, not about their team members. Company has a faulty system for basing your performances on, they always find an excuse to not give you a raise. $9/hour is lousy, even when you work from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam leaders should do their job. Give constructive feedback and follow through with what you tell team members, don't give them false promises. Give raises based on performance and length of time worked, otherwise there is no incentive to stay. Also, upper management should get a clue and offer a decent living wage, better benefits, and pay for employees internet service.

Okay starting point

ProsWork from Home (can also be a con). Promotions only from within (can also be a con). Benefits are decent for the full-time employee, but costly to add others to your plan.

ConsHow far you go really depends on who your Team Leader is. I have worked under multiple TLs and can say some of them were excellent at providing raises/promotions, while others just strung me along saying "Your metrics are great, but let's see if you can keep them up x amount of weeks/months for a raise" time and again.

Another con is the tools you have to use to do your job. Often there are system crashes and you are expected to somehow do your work when everything is down.

Pay is lower compared to other company offerings.

Low paying, high stress job with little chance for advancement.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsWorking from home, schedule flexibility.

ConsLow pay, managers who are still in school themselves are clueless. Many times its their first job. I had NEVER made as low of a starting pay than I did working here and I have done Tech Support for over 20 years. I worked with a guy who used to have sex with co workers in the CenturyTel 3rd floor bathroom. There is tons of office drama around this place. I had a manager I really liked and he gave a damn. When I left his team, the team I ended on was a bunch of kids who were knowledgable, but it was very "click-ish". Reminded me a lot of High School. Secondly, the manager had no idea how to run a team. The job was mentally draining because a caller would call in and be upset at the first person they spoke to and you resolve the issue, they complain and its YOUR fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all, you fire more people than you hire. I get the fact that you have a high turn over rate. The points system stinks. If you have one screw up, you have to start all over again, which makes it hard for advancement. This place is like a big soap opera. Everyone is sleeping with everyone. Treat your employees with more respect. Customer's tend to want to whine, scream, yell and you bend over backwards for them and they still stab you in the back.

McDonalds of Tech support

ProsFlexible scheduling, Work At Home

ConsExtremely underpaid, Unrealistic QA, Borderline retarded internal agents that they are contracted with, Little to no training, Bonus program is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou made 11 million in profit from 2012 to 2013 and you still pay your employees fast food wages. You want better results you need to have more incentive. People don't care about picnics, or having to sacrifice their lives for a 50 cent an hour bonus per year. Just pay them better, offer a complete medical package that you pay for. What? Why is it that no one can take care of their employees anymore but you expect the world from us?

Not intended for the serious IT professionals; or those who value professionalism.

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros*Work from Home
    *Nerd Friendly Culture
    *Atmosphere is laid back
    *Easy to learn - and provides great experience on the turn around.

Cons* Job Conditions are not honestly revealed during interview
    * Policies/Rules are made up on the fly with no continuance
    * Work volume is high; and resources are unreliable, systems unstable, and blame is always shifted to the * agents on the line management refuse to own anything in regards to accountability; everything is always your fault.
    * The company values their contracts above their staff; meaning they will work you to death; provide none of the incentives they promise; hammer you with demands; never provide positive feed back; shirk on promise raises force markets, contracts, and work loads on you when told that it's optional for pay incentives - and never deliver any of the incentives
    * Management does not exist - You contact your team, and supervisors through chat programs, and emails making it very easy for them to ignore your concerns, and they will -
    * They make claims of performance based raises; but they will always find an excuse to give it to you, when and if you make metrics that would allow for the raise
    * No organization every Team Leaders, Supervisors, Floor Managers, Level 2 tech is on their own program; nobody is on the same page - everyone thinks they are the final say even when they contract each other - leading to a situation where you are damned if you do; damned if you don't.
    * You are contracted to for clients so you have no say in the big picture - and if you bring up a concern over policies, or systems - management either have no authority or don't care enough to fix the problems.
    * Unless you are willing to relocate to Texas there is no advancement; don't let them lie to you about this as they will - they will always lie to keep you around.
    * VERY high turn over rate - I started with a wave of 25 people; 10 months later i was the last one of that group and then i left - Most people quit in the first year - Because of this demands are very high on those who stay; work loads are high and this snow balls into more turn overs - this company is snow balling towards a disaster
    * They violate their own contracts to keep up with the volume; the brass bite off more than they can chew and often will force markets to collect on single agents in direct contradiction of contract limits - this means if they get caught they could lose the contract and thus lay offs may occur - Very little job security on the company side.
    * EXTREMELY LOW PAY - Very low for the industry; you have to wait almost 1.5 years for any paid time off in a VERY stressful work environment; be ready to get cussed out every day and be forced to deal with vulgar people with no escape; and no resources to cope.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to people to get them hired; or stick around - Treat your employees like they are not office supplies; train the people dragging down contracts; open your doors to subordinates; stop punishing good techs who fix things; and rewarding bad techs who fix nothing but can close a call quickly.

Pay a fair wage; and make sure your metrics reflect the client - having outsourced agents being forced to perform at high levels than those who are paid more for the same job is incredibly selfish; and reflects that the companies priorities is not it's employees but rather it's bottomline -

Get involved with the employees - When all your work force see is low-mid level management threatening, demanding, or reprimanding and never anything positive or high level management this create a divide and the employees feel like they do not matter - and trust me; we feel like we do not matter; without us there is no company. Do not forget who makes you; your money.

ITs a job

TSR L1 (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBeing a work from home agent is always a plus esp being a single parent.

ConsDepending on the TL, it is jsut as easy to get hired as it is to be fired. Can't be even 5 seconds late to log in, which can be tough since you log in on the computer, or else it counts against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises would be good. Not much ability to advance, and being a tech agent, most places pay more.

Worked for teleNetwork? Contribute to the Community!