teleNetwork Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014

teleNetwork President and CEO Anthony Herrera
Anthony Herrera

Pros
  • Being a work from home agent is always a plus esp being a single parent (in 74 reviews)

• working from home; flexible scheduling; comfortable work environment (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • EXTREMELY LOW PAY - Very low for the industry; you have to wait almost 1 (in 23 reviews)

• Team leaders give preferential treatment to attractive female technicians (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Internet tech support department

Current Employee - Prism Internet and Video Repair Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are nice and willing to help answer questions. Convenient work from home.

Cons

Arbitrary rating scale. So many things about incoming calls are out of your control. Like if you have to dispatch too much that counts as you not trying to fix the problem rather then hey there were a lot of calls that were required a tech even though the tech can validate that the dispatch was needed. Or you are expected to have short calls. You have to fill our forms on every call making the process tedious and the software is buggy and slow making the work flow inefficient. A good third or more of the calls are from elderly people who have no idea what they are doing and need someone to hold their hand to do any task and are easily confused or flustered, make calls long. Since there is pressure to have short calls, I often heard from older people that they called before but the call dropped and no one called back. Though I have and excellent fix ratio, Quality assurance rating and Customer Feedback I cannot qualify for a raise unless my calls are all under 600 seconds. I can only achieve this on a days where I can't help anyone due to an outage or they called the wrong department and I have to transfer them or it's a simple question. These valid reasons for long calls are not acknowledged and the buck stops with you. I have been threatened with probation at times when we have had known issues with our software not working and I have reported this. We had tokens to encourage us to show up to work every day, we were told we could trade them for prizes, that seemed to have been a lie. The tokens are also used to take your break if there are no open slots available for break. I had 300 tokens at one point but then they cut down on the slots available and now I have less then100 having to use them for breaks and once you are out of tokens you can't take your breaks.

I understand the company wants you to take the most calls possible but quality of calls should matter just as much. The software we are using is meant to replace more then one program but is less efficient since it takes more time to load each and every screen. Customers that are behind on their payments are disconnected at the end of the day after customer service is closed and we have to refer them to customer service tomorrow. It would make more sense if they were disconnected at the beginning of the day so customer service could process the reconnect the same day. Everyone has their allotted break time. Take away the drama of the tokens and just give them their break when they need it. breaks should 15 min for every 3 hours of work. I have had supervisors that abuse the current 15 minute break for every 4 hours and schedule me for 7 1/2 hours so that I could only get one 15 minute break and no lunch.

They will screw you over in a heartbeat if you aren't a good ole boy!

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open Door Policy Is OK

Cons

The pay is not fair and they will lowball you. Directors make GREAT money but they don't take care of their people as well as well as they could.

They will make up a position in the company just to put someone there that they like. They fire good people.

You need to stop thinking you know so much when you don't. Other people lower on the totem pole have great ideas that could benefit the company.

Easy and fun! Great experience and job for a college student.

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you master every issue in the book, you will be respected and loved. Although should have some good knowledge about computers.

Cons

pay should be more than 9$

start giving raises!

Work From Home, Technical Support

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you'd like to work from the comfort of your home assisting customers with technical issues with their internet service , then this is the job for you. Great supervisors, everyone's really helpful if you're lost.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to wake up and supervise yourself, that's just a personal issue though. It would have be nice to get paid a little more.

Pay your employees what you feel they're worth, not what you can get away with.

It's pretty good for a call center. Great for a work at home job.

Current Employee - Overnight TSR in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Overnight TSR in Austin, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Work at home
    - Decent pay
    - Flexible scheduling.

Cons

- Stressful working conditions.
    - Pay should be more considering the emotional abuse agents have to endure on a daily basis.
    - Sales.
    - Awful insurance.

Management should make more efforts to make work more rewarding. That and offer better insurance.

Positive Experience, can work on a few things.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative - Level II
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative - Level II

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Do not need a bunch of experience, just need a computer and a decent internet connection you can get hired. Great scheduling flexibility, can work part-time or full-time. You don't really need to know anything, since training is provided and for the most part a lot of the people who end up on your team will be more than glad to assist you and the Level 2 people. All the team leaders seem to very nice. One of the better work at home companies to work for overall. You are employed directly as opposed to being a contractor as some other companies. Company is out of San Marcos and each summer they have a company picnic at Schlitterbahn. Get a decent Christmas Bonus. Lunch scheduling system is great, you can take a lunch just about when you need to. Can work remotely anywhere in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida and the other states they hire from.

Cons

Sometimes calls can be overwhelming and you can expect to be on back to back calls, depending on the ISP or ISP's that you take. Since there is over 1000 employees, it's hard to move up since management positions are very limited to come by and typically you have a lot of people applying and sometimes it seems like they already know who they are going to pick. Once you work at your current position for a year and you can't move up, you will feel stagnant and low morale will kick in since you're pay will pretty much the same. Benefits should be better, typically right now if you work full time and want to provide insurance for your family, you're looking to close to $700-800 a month! so if you make $10-14 an hour, you can't afford this what so ever. They are only a handful of holidays that you get paid overtime such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years..... but no extra compensation on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.

Mr. Herrera is the current CEO of the company and owner and for the most part has a great company and just recently released a video talking about the growth of the company and future projections and more or less the company profit, I feel some of this profit could be shared with all the employees and not just the management team because if everyone is getting a little share and making a little bit more each year, believe me, everyone will be happy and would be willing to work harder.

Decent company sold soul to the devil

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to work at home.

Cons

Multitude of changes to the policy due to the company they are contracted to being of lesser ethics. They also require a min sale monthly, and considering the pay isn't even on par with the nationwide average, the job is only good as an entry level job to get you into the industry. If you have previous experience, this job isn't for you unless you like being underpaid. The customer base is difficult to work with due to the shady nature of the contracted company I worked for, consistent unhappiness, while another division in another state would only cause more issues due to their lack of skill and greedy sales tactics.

Nothing that would help.

teleNetwork for the full on call factory experience

Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has no problem making payroll. One can get hired here with virtually no work experience. A quality team leader will make this a tolerable work experience.

Cons

teleNetwork is the very definition of a call factory. Low wages, employees are treated like children, call metrics are king. A low-quality team leader will make this an unbearable work experience.

You're doing a fine job creating high stress, low wage jobs. If that is your aim, keep up the good work.

Fantastic company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Family owned and operated
    * Friendly Personnel
    * Dedicated management team honed in on trying to help (As long as you ask for the help)
    * Fun events outside work
    *Decent starting wage
    *Promote form within, never hire outside management personnel, everyone who is above you has taken calls at some point, even the CEO

Cons

* Difficult hours at times when in the busy season

Continue with the great work, make sure all TL's are dedicated to assisting each and every agent to improve overall Rep morale as well as Call quality.

Wonderful, easy experience so far.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are nice and friendly. The hiring process is fast and if you know computer basics it is easy. Flexible work schedule and training times to fit your needs.

Cons

I have not found any yet. I think the only thing is the process of getting set up and going before training starts. Also that the attendance policy is very strict

Maybe one less phone call for the hiring process and easier process for getting set up.