www.telenetwork.com

Updated December 13, 2014
2.9

teleNetwork President and CEO Anthony Herrera
Anthony Herrera

Pros
  • Being a work from home agent is always a plus esp being a single parent (in 77 reviews)

• working from home; flexible scheduling; comfortable work environment (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • EXTREMELY LOW PAY - Very low for the industry; you have to wait almost 1 (in 23 reviews)

• Team leaders give preferential treatment to attractive female technicians (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at teleNetwork

Pros

-Great place to work. Contracted out to different vendors
    -Great management and ability to move up

Cons

-Need's to have better expectation of what you need to do in order grow in career
    -Easy turn-over for employee's

Focus more on building and promoting leaders instead of those who just do their tasks.

Entry level technical support. Offers work-at-home. Must be comfortable w/ rapid retroactive changes.

Current Employee - TSR in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - TSR in Tampa, FL

I have been working at teleNetwork

Pros

work at home. 10.00/hr after 30 days of 9.00/hr

Cons

Wide management spectrum on procedures.

Stop being complacent and negative about your position.

Excited about new experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been wanting to step into the IT field for some time now. This new entry level TSR is a good start.

Cons

Do not be late to Training!

Outsourced call center

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership is obviously trying to bring the employees together through group events. Retention is being combated by increasing the minimum pay. For a privately owned company, it is astounding how much the company has grown.
    This can be a fantastic place to work provided you have a thick skin and don't mind working through the problems.

Cons

Turn over is largely attributed to poor training materials. The company is constantly hindered by the IT staff's progress or lack of it. The biggest source of reference materials is often out of date. The growth of the company is stunted by small business practices, and causes a great deal of tension among management and call takers.

Organize your IT staff. Dedicate people to updating and maintaining all training materials and databases. Make company improvements and issues more visible to the masses. Addressing concerns publicly will help the employees to become invested while decreasing complaints and dissension.

Internet tech support department

Current Employee - Prism Internet and Video Repair Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are nice and willing to help answer questions. Convenient work from home.

Cons

Arbitrary rating scale. So many things about incoming calls are out of your control. Like if you have to dispatch too much that counts as you not trying to fix the problem rather then hey there were a lot of calls that were required a tech even though the tech can validate that the dispatch was needed. Or you are expected to have short calls. You have to fill our forms on every call making the process tedious and the software is buggy and slow making the work flow inefficient. A good third or more of the calls are from elderly people who have no idea what they are doing and need someone to hold their hand to do any task and are easily confused or flustered, make calls long. Since there is pressure to have short calls, I often heard from older people that they called before but the call dropped and no one called back. Though I have and excellent fix ratio, Quality assurance rating and Customer Feedback I cannot qualify for a raise unless my calls are all under 600 seconds. I can only achieve this on a days where I can't help anyone due to an outage or they called the wrong department and I have to transfer them or it's a simple question. These valid reasons for long calls are not acknowledged and the buck stops with you. I have been threatened with probation at times when we have had known issues with our software not working and I have reported this. We had tokens to encourage us to show up to work every day, we were told we could trade them for prizes, that seemed to have been a lie. The tokens are also used to take your break if there are no open slots available for break. I had 300 tokens at one point but then they cut down on the slots available and now I have less then100 having to use them for breaks and once you are out of tokens you can't take your breaks.

I understand the company wants you to take the most calls possible but quality of calls should matter just as much. The software we are using is meant to replace more then one program but is less efficient since it takes more time to load each and every screen. Customers that are behind on their payments are disconnected at the end of the day after customer service is closed and we have to refer them to customer service tomorrow. It would make more sense if they were disconnected at the beginning of the day so customer service could process the reconnect the same day. Everyone has their allotted break time. Take away the drama of the tokens and just give them their break when they need it. breaks should 15 min for every 3 hours of work. I have had supervisors that abuse the current 15 minute break for every 4 hours and schedule me for 7 1/2 hours so that I could only get one 15 minute break and no lunch.

Great company overall!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, company seems to value hard work, flexible scheduling, extremely stable company wide with over 1000 employees in both Austin/San Marcos as well as all of the work from home employees from 7 other states. The office culture is amazing! It's an incredibly fun place that is interested in community and employee engagement. You now get benefits much sooner than you used to and the pay, while low starting out, now jumps a dollar after 30 days. Plus you get promotions.

Cons

A few bad apples among management that cause drama and create a stressful workplace. Most of the management though is really nice and will work with you with any problems (scheduling, etc). Work-life balance is pretty nonexistent but that seems to be changing.
    You're supposed to be a tech support rep but you're required to do some sales.

Focus on the work-life balance and making it more of a priority.
    Get sales people to do sales and let the tech support reps focus on the tech.
    Find a way to get rid of the sour apples in management.

They will screw you over in a heartbeat if you aren't a good ole boy!

I have been working at teleNetwork full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Open Door Policy Is OK

Cons

The pay is not fair and they will lowball you. Directors make GREAT money but they don't take care of their people as well as well as they could.

They will make up a position in the company just to put someone there that they like. They fire good people.

You need to stop thinking you know so much when you don't. Other people lower on the totem pole have great ideas that could benefit the company.

Low Expectations, Low pay, Low potential

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative Level II in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative Level II in San Marcos, TX

I worked at teleNetwork full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home so can do more productive things like chores around house, study for class, catch up on news, or whatever else. Easy job if have weird times can work. Depends on who your boss is some are very understanding, accommodating, actually care, have a personality, and work with you, some....onto the cons

Cons

Can have TLs that only singular focus is abut the #s. Whether keeping call times low, then when you keep them low, you have repeat calls. Left hand doesnt know what right hand is doing at this place. You can ask 3 different supervisors about a process and get 3 different answers. Most definitely not a career type job, works as a temp job if going to school, bored of living in mom's basement playing video games all day long type thing. Be prepared for changing standards even if end up lasting a while. One day it might be need call times short, another day need the customers happy and not calling back, another day might be working with something new you have no clue what working with. Which is next point, training is awful. Used to have in person/group training, then went to video conferencing so at least still had some semblance of group, now its just reading text/watching videos on a website. I cant even begin to get started on the lunch/break system. Expect to have no lunch if its a busy day.

You bring the intellect and equipment, they'll provide the pressure

Current Employee - Internet Help Desk
    Current Employee - Internet Help Desk

I have been working at teleNetwork

Pros

You work from you own home using your own computer.

Cons

Very, very, low industry pay; after you pay for the workspace and internet service, you'll make around $27 a day before taxes and that doesn't include your PC hardware costs. You will spend your time listening to and accepting customer criticisms of the company you're representing while you try to help them and if you take too long (10 min or more) you will hear the criticism from the level 2 techs and team leader. You will often be told to do tasks off-the-clock, not calls, but things like software installations, configurations and testings which can take a couple of hours. You'll also need to take care of your sales during your break time or off-the-clock because of the heavy call volume. You need to "bid" for lunch and break times. Which means you'll be lucky to get a 15 min. break after sitting for an average of 4-5 hours. I still have yet to get a lunch break.

Simplify the tools. The techs would save a lot of time if they didn't need to access three different databases using five open web-pages and an external program.

Easy and fun! Great experience and job for a college student.

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative

I have been working at teleNetwork part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you master every issue in the book, you will be respected and loved. Although should have some good knowledge about computers.

Cons

pay should be more than 9$

start giving raises!