the Continental Group

the Continental Group CEO Chuck M. Fallon

Chuck M. Fallon

Once Upon A Timeā€¦.

LCAM (Former Employee) Lighthouse Point, Broward, FL

ProsA good size company providing individuals with choices in personnel.

ConsAccount Department needs improvement, some costly errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are people to…..

It felt like they hold you back from helping the properties.

Maintenance (Former Employee) Pinellas Park, FL

ProsFairly good benefits, but they change them to save upper management money. It made the benefits less appealing to the employees

Conspoor knowledge of their property managers when it comes to their knowledge of rules that apply to the government, they cared more of themselves than the properties best interest & poor follow-up

Advice to Senior Managementbetter check & balances

Run!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsNone I can think of. That's horrible to say; however, this place is truly unbearable for most people to sustain.

ConsCEO has no backbone, CFO is passive aggressive and gossips worst than a junior high school girl, COO is CFO failure.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Superb Management Services

Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsLarge company and room to grow in the property management field. Very Customer Service Oriented; provides professional and work ethic service to all Board of Directors, homeowners, vendors and contractors. Such a great EXPERIENCE to work for a Great Company and be a part of their TCG Team. I was in a Fantastic Hard working Team ( very important; reason why I have such a great impression of TCG)

ConsDifficult to balance family and career

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and respect all employees; recognize your employees. Happy valued employees deliver and make Happy Clients. Kudos to all employees that make the companies from HK to Managers that are on the fire lines putting out fires and taking hits.

The Continental Group

Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsLarge company, they manage a lot of buildings and communities in South Florida and there is room for growth/circulation. Good for college student, not a career.

ConsThey don't help their staff get ahead. Almost everyone I met that works for Continental seems lost and they are very slow. They are not professional at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training on MANAGEMENT!

Property Manager

Property Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI would not give this company even one star!

Cons* The staff is not trained properly. You get a binder with specifications that are not current.
    * Regional Director instead of giving you a training just pretend to get invited for lunch.
    * You have to use the contractors that your manager demands you no matter the budget or the work that needs to be done.
    * Most employees are very unhappy and are very dissatisfied
    * They don't care about their employees. You are just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees with dignity and respect, listen to their ideas and train them correctly.

Very Informative

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsYou learn a lot. You are exposed to various aspects of Property Management and work with different people.

ConsBeing a big company a lot of policies and A LOT of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the little people, and acknowledge them. For they are the one doing all the work and helping to make the company shine.

Not a company I would work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you get in with the right team you could do well there

ConsIf you don't get in with the right team you'll be miserable

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line teams and don't assume as execs you know it all

The worst experience I've ever had

ProsExcellent food selection provided to homeowners at Board meetings

ConsJob description not clearly defined

Job expectation not clearly defined

Poor communication from management

Lack of proper training, coaching

Little effort spent getting to know homeowners

Employees are disposable

Management does not have your back and will throw you under the bus at the first opportunity

All in all this was the worst company I have ever worked for. I would not recommend them to anyone and would advise anyone currently working for them to keep their resume fresh.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with the dignity and respect you'd want to be treated with.

A learning experience

Property Manager (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsLarge Corporation, good place to get started in the property management business. Just be aware that your job life expectancy is going to only be about two years. Start planning your next move right after the first year.

ConsThis company got so big that they lost sight of how they got so big. Too many middle managers that are all fighting to make an impression and clime the corporate ladder. The employees on the bottom and in the trenches working directly with the clients are disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees the same as you do your clients. Happy employees help make happy clients.

Worked for the Continental Group? Contribute to the Community!