Top Companies in York, England

Glassdoor brings you an inside look at the top rated companies in York based upon employee reviews.

Change location
110 of 49 Companies
Sort by

The Body Shop

www.thebodyshop.com HQ: London, United Kingdom

A The Body Shop Assistant Shop Manager said:

“Progression within this company was fantastic and the recognision for your hard work was well rewarded.”
“Innovative and quality products to sell, really loved carrying out demonstrations on the customers and watching their faces as they realised they had found a wonder product. Proud of the community…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.0 Employees say it's “OK”

The Body Shop CEO Sophie Gasperment

Sophie Gasperment
59% Approve

ASDA

www.asda.co.uk HQ: Leeds, United Kingdom

An ASDA Checkout Operator said:

“Working at the Green Machine”
“One of the best reasons to work here is the atmosphere and social aspects! I made a lot of fantastic friends with an employment span of less than a year. Everyone was absolutely lovely and helped me…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.3 Employees say it's “OK”

ASDA President & CEO  Andy Clarke

Andy Clarke
71% Approve

TSYS

www.tsys.com HQ: Columbus, GA NYSE: TSS

Drop off your business card! Interested in working with TSYS and don't see your dream job? We are opening new positions daily, and the best way to say informed is to join our talent network. Just…Full Overview

A TSYS employee said:

“Well paid and staff-friendly”
“I started three months ago and already feel as though this is a company I could stay with for the long term. They really look after their staff (they call them team members) and pay very well (no…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.2 Employees say it's “OK”

TSYS Chairman of the Board & CEO Philip W. Tomlinson

Philip W. Tomlinson
86% Approve

B&Q

www.diy.com HQ: Eastleigh, United Kingdom

A B&Q Telephonist/Checkout Operator said:

“B & Q are very fair employers. Any issues one may have about work were always dealt with fairly.”
“Colleagues and management alike were almost all extremely supportive and you received recognition for a job well done. Equally if they were disattisfied with your performance at work or giving any…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.4 Employees say it's “OK”

Kevin O'Byrne
54% Approve

Norwich Union

www.aviva.co.uk HQ: Norwich, United Kingdom

A Norwich Union Risk Adviser said:

“Great place to work”
“All the managers I've been under are very supportive, so the company as a whole. I don't think you could get a better job for the money they pay” –

Overall Company Rating

2.8 Employees say it's “OK”

Mark Hodges

Gamestation

www.gamestation.co.uk HQ: York, United Kingdom

A Gamestation Online Marketing Manager said:

“The start of an amazing ride”
“An amazing place to work where I learned skills I would used for the rest of my life. Happy times with great and passionate people. Free Games! Company team building days. Committed and…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.8 Employees are “Satisfied”

Thida Thai Cuisine

www.thidathai.net HQ: York, United Kingdom

A Thida Thai Cuisine Service Staff said:

“Great part time work experience as a student. Worked there for two years. Friendly staff and manager.”
“Everyone is very friendly. The food is good and you're treated well. Service system has a good flow and is efficient.” –
Full Review

Overall Company Rating

5.0 Employees are “Very Satisfied”

York St John University

www.yorksj.ac.uk HQ: York, United Kingdom

A York St John University Temporary English Language Tutor said:

“It was a really enjoyable experience.”
“Supportive, fun, kind colleagues An environment where people share ideas and best practice, and are not judgemental Good resources You are encouraged to be creative, work as a team, experiment…” –
Full Review

Overall Company Rating

5.0 Employees are “Very Satisfied”

KIT digital

www.kit-digital.com HQ: Prague, Czech Republic OTC: RGRP

A KIT digital Senior Engineer said:

“A return to form”
“The previous management at KIT Digital were an unmitigated disaster. KIT had been on a buying spree with no coherent plan and the management were like kids in a sweet shop with a credit card…” –

Overall Company Rating

2.7 Employees say it's “OK”

Peter Heiland
67% Approve

Nestlé

www.nestle.com HQ: Vevey, Switzerland PINK: NSRGY

A Nestlé Human Resources Contract said:

“Contrary to student reputation, a very ethical firm”
“Strong ethics and principles on the customer business management side - was particularly impressed when a senior interviewing sales manager immediately destroyed commercially sensitive competitive…” –

Overall Company Rating

3.6 Employees are “Satisfied”

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke