uSamp

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alan Gould

New leadership has put this company on course

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Encino, CA

ProsGreat culture
    Generally very good management
    A solid direction for the future
    Open door policy with nearly everyone

ConsLots of legacy things to fix
    Open office layout
    Some inefficient processes still around

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused. Keep red tape to a minimum.

uSamp business development

Business Development (Current Employee) Encino, CA

Pros--Growing market segment
    --Strong sales culture
    --Technology-focused startup in what can otherwise be a backwards-looking vertical market
    --Smart, talented co-workers, overall

Cons--Disorganized management structure
    --Limited resources for developing the business
    --Focussed so significantly on sales volume that fulfillment took a necessary backseat

Advice to Senior Management--Tighten the loop between the sample development and sales to facilitate panel growth
    --Improve programs for traffic/sample partners so that compensation at least matches the industry standard
    --Compete on the basis of quality, rather than price

Best Place to Work

ProsThis organization is great. Best place to work.

ConsI can't say one con about this place!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing PAINS. A company with an identity crisis. Thinks it's a startup, runs like a old school corporation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Encino, CA

ProsYoung, smart worker bees. In general, uSamp hires good people.

ConsBusiness decisions seem mainly ego driven. Zero loyalty to employees. People are "disappeared,"--- there one day, gone the next. Founders run the place like their former fraternity-if you're in the inner circle the perks are great. Otherwise, there is superficial lip service to being a fun culture, but micromanaging is the exception rather than the rule. If you're not a drinker, you're probably not a fit for the culture since that's all that goes on outside of the office. No ongoing Philanthropic projects for employees. No one gets too close...why bother when your team mate might be gone tomorrow with no explanation. Board hasn't been happy with leadership for a while, made changes with more to come is rumor. Overall, not a place to stay...get in and get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency can't just be a buzzword. People aren't disposable. Focus. Figure out who you want to be. Be better people. No one wants to work for jerks.

ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prospaid vacation flexible to some degree, you can work from home if you need to, people are nice and friendly

Consnot a lot of room for growth, not the best pay, working overtime is considered the norm and expect to do so most of the time

Great place to work

Panel Consultant (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsChilled out environment,Fast paced ,Gives you chance to prove your worth.

ConsCant think of any right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts progressive in nature and management is looking into that direction only.

Senior Project Manager working out of the New Delhi Office

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsGreat growth opportunities, amazing work culture, Awesome appraisals and lots of perks. You grow with the company. Great Managers and quick promotions. A great place to work in overall.

ConsNight shifts, Work gets a little monotonous though people stick around because of the great work culture and environment.

Be prepared for long hours, demanding clients, and unrealistic expections

ProsThe company itself has a relaxed culture and a majority of people I work with are driven to succeed. The company is full of good ideas and are willing to expand on these, moving quickly to beat out the competition.

ConsLong hours, often driven by our sales team selling projects that are last minute or rush, leaving the operations team to deal with unrealistic expectations. Work loads are often unbalanced, leaving to long hours.

Great work culture and a wonderful environment to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsVery good work culture, strong middle management and top management, and a very aggressive company.

ConsWork life balance might go for a toss at the beginning, the organization is very demanding. However the organizations gives a lot of perks to compensate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going the way you are. Its difficult to grow at the pace at which usamp is growing, and even more difficult to sustain the growth. All it takes is a series of "right things to do" to turn this into a world class organization.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsGreat team members to work with

ConsNo professional Growth for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTo provide more growth opportunities to employees and be fair in recognition and compensating employees accordingly

Worked for uSamp? Contribute to the Community!