vRide

Updated December 15, 2014
3.7

vRide CEO Ann Fandozzi
Ann Fandozzi

Great company going through changes

I have been working at vRide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Changes mean more opportunities and ladders upwards. The culture is a huge selling point for working here.

Cons

Changes mean out with the old and in with the new. Not all old things are worth tossing out.

Please remember to lean on experienced veterans within the company. Not all changes are good, and the customer base will be resistant to things that smell even a little bit like sales.

High caliber, industry leader, making a difference in how people access their employment.

I have been working at vRide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with vRide means you are contributing to people getting to work economically, reducing traffic, and reducing the impact of auto-commuting on our environment. vRide's constant focus on these three factors, which create only positive outcomes, is at the base of why I love coming to work here every day.

Cons

As an relatively old company (founded in 1977) combined with the spirit of a start-up, there are always some problems, but none that I've seen that have been unconquerable.

Oct 8, 2014VP of HR

Yes, our team members share an appreciation for what our mission is "Re-Inventing the Commute!" We are changing the way people get to work every day and that helps drive us toward success. So ... More

Current employee of 1yr thinks vRide is awesome!

Current Employee - Information Technology in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Troy, MI

I have been working at vRide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent organization with immense flexibility. If you want to join a team where your input matters, your ideas are given serious consideration and you feel a sense of accomplishment, vRide is the place. vRide takes the time to recognize its employees through an online employee reward program that rewards you with gifts for going the extra mile. Benefits are great and management are top notch. vRide has drawn in Executive Management from a variety of business sectors. When you look at a company you have to look at who is at the helm. When you do so with vRide you know this is a company that is going to exceed expectations. This is a growth organization and being a part of it is being on the ground floor of something huge.

Cons

It is challenging restructuring the organization from the 30+ year old company that it is. vRide started in the basement of one of the Big 3 many years ago. It has been taken to different levels with different leaders over the years. Today one of our goals is to take vRide to the next level with technology and programs affording the sales team and customers the tools they need and require in the current tech culture. This is happening in great strides. However, as with all companies change takes time and causes us all to pause and realize the hurdles we face today will be gone tomorrow. We just have to be patient.

Keep the culture. The ability for a company to be flexible, allow virtual working environments and greet employee concerns with the openness that you do is a rare trait in the industry that sets vRide apart for all others.

Oct 8, 2014VP of HR

Thank you very much for your comments. Our culture is extremely important to us, and we are grateful to have a group of highly passionate, dedicated indiviuals who are motivated and make our virtual ... More

Growing Company with a lot of Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at vRide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every full-time employee has equity in the company (nuff said!), benefits (time off is best I've ever seen), culture, openness, forward thinking, we get to save the environment, technology, growth, innovation and work that no one has done before, approachability of our executives. The openness, for the most part, of the company. As we continue to take off, it becomes more exciting! Everyone works very hard here and it is definitely sink or swim.

Cons

The growing pains are really painful and there is sometimes poor planning and roll out from our executive team. We take on too much too fast and want everything done at once with little planning and resources. Sometimes we need to learn to say no, or not yet. We could also work on company communication. Lastly, we have a very small marketing team, we need a "real" marketing department desperately.

I like that we sometimes take a step back to step forward. It takes time to go where we want to go and we are trying to achieve something that has never really been done before on a large scale. Setting attainable goals boosts both growth and morale. Setting unrealistic goals diminishes both very badly. For 2015, let's set goals we can all really nail so we can actually get to 10X in a realistic time frame and make us feel like we are actually progressing and getting small victories.

Oct 8, 2014VP of HR

We appreciate the breadth of comments here--thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. It is true we are tackling multiple priorities and that can pose a challenge in always executing ... More

Fast growing company that puts their employees first

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at vRide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has been great to work for this far. The benefits are beyond all my expectations. The compensation matches experience. I work in a remote office but still feel very connected with my co-workers. Definitely a great match for someone who learns quickly and is willing to work hard to reach their goals.

Cons

The only challenge I have faced is that our corporate office is in another state and not having the luxury of meeting the entire upper-management team.

Oct 8, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for your review. It is true that it's a challenge having everyone in over 35 offices across the country; as a leadership team we try to get out to visit as many offices as our schedules ... More

Wonderful small and innovative company!

Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Administration in Troy, MI

I have been working at vRide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Immense growth, learning and job satisfaction. No day is the same. The best co-workers, very family oriented.
    The company can be demanding but it will reward even you more for your hard-work. I cannot say enough good things about this amazing company. Great people and great product.

Cons

Not much to say, but overall a great company

Sep 13, 2014VP of HR

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. We take pride in trying to build a culture across all our offices that ensures everyone knows their hard work is appreciated and that they ... More

A great company with loads of potential

I have been working at vRide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and management, flexible schedule, decent pay and a really positive atmosphere.

Cons

The company has some growing pains. They are a small company with endless potential and are working very hard to grow rapidly. That always comes with its setbacks and challenges.

Sep 13, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for your comments and for recognizing the potential we have ahead of us. As Ann always tells us, if this was easy someone would have done it already. And I would offer that we keep in ... More

Needs Help!

I have been working at vRide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Monday thru Friday, Easy to stay busy, The work day flies by!!

Cons

Excessive workload for any person at any company. Extremely low pay!

Don't let one flaw make you negative towards a person. If a mistake is made, teach your people. Do not threaten immediate fire as there is no training available and people WILL make mistakes.

Sep 13, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We take your feedback very seriously. One of our pillars is Innovation and Learning---we understand that as a learning organization, mistakes will ... More

Was Great, OK now, Could be Awesome in the not too distant future

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at vRide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are great, Middle Management so so, Upper management very visionary
    Lot's of changes for the better (IMHO) coming. If you are in sales, either coast, TX or GA is where you want to be.

Cons

Targets the same for everyone, regardless of location. If you are a place where there are local or state subsidies to lower the cost then that is good. If not, you will face a steep upward battle to hit your numbers.

Don't believe all the hype. Pay close attention to those in the revenue stream. A lot of dead wood was let go over the last 1.5 years, but now there is a lot of new "dead wood" and some of the cream is let go or leaving voluntarily.

Sep 13, 2014VP of HR

First, our regrets for a delayed response to this; we appreciate that you took the time to write this review. I do hope that since you wrote this review last March, you have observed more changes ... More

Great opportunity to help save the environment.

I worked at vRide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working for a good cause.

Cons

Some systems were a bit outdated.

Sep 13, 2014VP of HR

Thank you for commenting on Glassdoor for us. Yes, one of the very positive aspects about working at vRide is that our service and product helps improve our customers' lives by changing the way ... More