weBoost Reviews

Reset
3.8
Don Blohm

1. Great company to work for and grow with

Pros

Fast moving company with lots of upward potential. Many opportunities to help the company mature.

Cons

Many changes in management since being purchased by investment group.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and be patient.

2. Improve Pay & Communication

I worked at weBoost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment. Good employees. Decent benefits.

Cons

Poor communication. Pay doesn't match effort/productivity.

Advice to Management

Increase wages for certain departments/department heads. Improve benefits for families. Keep employees in-the-know.

3. Great company if you are clever

Former Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT

I worked at weBoost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, good training, great pay.

Cons

Older employees that don't know how the newer products work.

5. Great company to work for.

I have been working at weBoost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wilson Electronics is a growing company that still takes care of its employees. Not only are the benefits great, but they offer competitive pay and ability for growth. I have had a great experience working at Wilson and I plan on working here for years to come. It is exciting to see and be part of the growth and success.

Cons

Really the only cons are growing pains. Wilson is a big small company turning into a small big company. The changes from a small family owned company, to one with a little more of a corporate mentality can be a little overwhelming, but all are positive changes.

6. Awesome Place with Awesome People

Current Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Saint George, UT

I have been working at weBoost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HUGE potential for growth! A very fun, family-friendly environment. Bonuses given quarterly. Take care of employees, for the most part.

Cons

Need better communication and quicker communication. More of a competitive-pay scale us needed (rewarded for the more you do).

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to improve employee benefits (insurance policies for family, most specifically).

Very educational personally and professionally and allowed me to grow more as a person and employee.

Current Employee - Production/Packaging in Washington, UT
    Current Employee - Production/Packaging in Washington, UT

I have been working at weBoost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New opportunities for the company to grow globally.

Cons

No order and lack of discipline and organization.

Advice to Management

Manage accordingly. Give the people that deserve to advance a chance. Stop favoritism.

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

I have been working at weBoost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great potential for growth -Good management who take time to listen to your concerns, etc. -Awesome product -Fun work environment -Decent benefits -Decent pay

Cons

-Internal problems sometimes hinder growth ability -Benefits could be better (as well as pay)

weBoost Response

Apr 16, 2015 – HR Director

Great feedback. I hope you have addressed your concern about internal problems hindering growth ability, either with your manager or with Human Resources. We would be interested to hear more ... More

9. Amazing Opportunity, Great place to work and still have time for the family.

Current Employee - Production in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Production in Saint George, UT

I have been working at weBoost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family Friendly environment. The management team for the most part is flexible to employees needs and wants. They try hard to be fair and consistent in their decision making. There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company and it is continuing to grow at a healthy rate. I love working here and think I am fairly compensated for my efforts. I plan to be here a while.

Cons

There is always a level of uncertainty after a purchase of a company, I think they have done a good job of helping minimize those fears, but there are still quite a few rummers and ideas out there that keep people wondering. Try not to have so many closed door meetings and communicate changes in a more timely fashion.

Advice to Management

There are some people on the team that give great lip service but are great at taking away from the bottom line of the companies profitability. Establish more ways of tracking and measuring performance and reward the good behaviors and discipline the poor behavior.

10. Great company, fun co-workers, positive outlook

Pros

(1) The people that work here are a great team to work with. There are a lot of talented people and camaraderie which makes it pleasant to go to work every day. Management treats the employees (at all levels) with kindness and respect. It is very comfortable to talk to and to work with people from other areas of the company. (2) The job is secure. The company has been in business in St. George for around 15 years. The new ownership has invested heavily in upgrading the facilities which shows a positive outlook. (3) There is potential for advancement. Because the company is growing, there are job openings to advance upwards and also to other departments. Management encourages internal employees to apply themselves for career changes if they would like. (4) Management - Management has provided clear direction that the company needs to go and has made tremendous strides to improve communication, morale (even though it wasn't bad before), and the benefits package. (5) Job is in St. Gorgeous, Utah!

Cons

(1) There is A LOT of work to do. With the growth comes additional pressure, deadlines, projects and expectations. Additional staff needs to be hired to accommodate the increased workload. (2) Management leans towards encouraging people to improve themselves and to be a good fit for their job. This is a good thing. However, when it is clear certain people are not in the appropriate position, management does not make this change. It seems management sometimes tries to keep forcing the proverbial square peg in the round hole. I think the company could advance faster and further if it put the best people possible in the right position instead of keeping status quo.

Advice to Management

- Make sure departments are staffed according to need, working 9-10 hours/day is OK, just not for months on end. - Make sure you have the best people in the right positions. If after training and mentoring, someones performance is clearly not up to par, consider putting them in a position where they can be more successful for themselves and for the company. - Overall, very good job in a great location.

11. Good to be under new leadership.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint George, UT

I have been working at weBoost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wilson is a great place to work The new leadership keeps us informed on company advances and milestones. I enjoy my coworkers and my job. Great bonus incentive program.

Cons

I would like more training programs. I would also like wages that compare to state standards.

RSS Feed </> Embed