xbiotech usa Reviews

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at xbiotech usa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great start-up company with many pros: A promising drug in the clinics; a great discovery pipeline; committed scientists; and the opportunity to gain experience across multiple areas very quickly.

This place is not for the faint of heart. Your work will be challenged, but as long as you take the feedback positively to improve your commitment to science and humanity, you will survive.

Cons

Health benefits are not so great, but this is the case with any small employer. No 401K options, but this is somewhat compensated by a decent stock option upon joining the company.

Make the current employees feel appreciated for their dedication and hard work whenever possible. You will be able to retain your talent pool and won't need to spend months training new employees.

Just say "YES" to XBiotech! It's a freaking AWESOME place to work!

Former Employee - the Janitor  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - the Janitor in Austin, TX

I worked at xbiotech usa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Since everyone seems to be posting highly positive reviews all of a sudden, I thought I should jump on the bandwagon too! I can can say with great honesty that I've never met a happier bunch of people! Great perks, lot of opportunity for personal growth, fabulous compensation and top-notch benefits! Leadership promotes open communication and welcomes criticism. And one can certainly learn a heck of a lot about biologics development and quality at XBiotech.

Cons

Staff is struggling under the enormous stress of meeting the most stringent set of quality standards that I've ever seen. I really think they've gone a bit overboard in that respect.

I can't think of a single word of advice for management - you pretty much have everything covered. Oh, and congrats on the great PR job!

Great company !

Current Employee - Biological Scientist
    Current Employee - Biological Scientist

I have been working at xbiotech usa part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at xbiotech for years, and I have nothing but positive feedback.
    We are paid well and have full medical coverage.
     We have a stellar boss who engages us, treats us with respect and is devoted to his company.
      The best part of working at xbiotech is knowing the potential that our leading drug candidate Xilonix has to help so many people !

Cons

Drinking too much at company parties !

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great start-up biotech company

I have been working at xbiotech usa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a start-up biotech company that has very promising pipeline products, which could make tremendous improvement on patient health and quality of life. Let's be practical. This is not a place for somebody who want to live a retirement life. This is a place where you start from scratches to build a fantastic career. The CEO is one of the smartest guy I've ever met in my life and he is experienced of bringing valuable products to market. Most of the people I work with are diligent, understanding and professional. Since the company is small, you get good visibility and can contribute to the work of changing patients' life in the future. What is more important than that?

Cons

Just like any other small companies, roles and responsibilities are not very clear in many situations. However, this could be beneficial a lot of the times as well because you learn other stuff. You would not be always working on the same thing all the time, like in the big companies.

This company has a big future

I worked at xbiotech usa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment - friendly, collegial, supportive. Great future for the drug they developing.

Cons

I do not like the distance from my home to work

Not much. Thank you for the experience of working in such a good company

Don't believe everything you read!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at xbiotech usa full-time

Pros

There is a lot of great science and great people at Xbiotech. Some of the reviews here make it seem like a terrible place to work and it certainly isn't! Like with any small company there are some expected growing pains, but there is also a commitment and drive to really think outside the box and generate innovative, quality medicines.

The experience you can gain from there is unlike other places I've worked. New projects are started frequently using cutting edge science, and you can gain experience across a wide variety of areas very quickly. You don't find that everywhere!

The management is passionate about pushing the company forward, I completely disagree with those that say its is being made to be sold. Rarely do you see a CEO so committed to science, even when it means not taking the easy route. Xbiotech has a real chance at a great future! I wish them luck!

Cons

It is a start-up company with no products on the market yet and because of this doesn't have the revenue to compete with offers from larger, more established companies. Fortunately, for now at least, the cost of living in Austin is well below the North East or West Coast where most of those companies are. But comparing a start-up to established biotechs is comparing apples to oranges and there are many reasons to enjoy working there.

Do more to keep the employees you have and to be competitive when bringing in new talent. You have a great pool of talented people across all levels of the company and a great looking future. People love living in Austin and want to stay there. Small changes could make all the difference.

House of Cards

Former Employee - Director  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at xbiotech usa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers on the bench, some of the work is directed toward interesting areas

Cons

Not very organized, not a lot of feedback from management, they are all over the place, poor communication across the board. No priorities. No clear communication of where we are going. HR department is a mess.

BOD needs to replace all founders and executive management!

Great place to work!

I have been working at xbiotech usa full-time

Pros

They have definitely made changes for the better. Great nurturing atmosphere.

Cons

The usual growing pains with any start-up but if you're flexible, this is a great environment to grow.

Continue to make good changes for the overall growth and success of the company.

Destined for failure

I have been working at xbiotech usa full-time

Pros

Some good, hardworking individuals. Great location. Good medical/dental benefits for SINGLE people.

Cons

The CEO has the ultimate say in all operations and he does not allow leadership to drive their own departments. The CEO is obviously building a company to sell, not a quality product to bring to market. Company is top heavy with the majority of scientific staff being Ph.D. The company has sacrificed the quality of its only product for the sake of time, never a positive directive. VC funded with no revenue stream, yet the company continues to burn money on non-critical operations and personnel. No room for personal growth.

Hire leadership who are qualified in their disciplines and promote from within when applicable. Give the internal experts the autonomy they need to generate a quality product rather that constantly cutting corners.

I left for a reason.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at xbiotech usa full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees were nice and friendly.

Cons

The leadership was shady and clueless.

Worked for xbiotech usa? Contribute to the Community!