xpedx

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mary A. Laschinger

Great Company

IT Business Specialist III (Current Employee)
Loveland, OH

I have been working at xpedx as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe support system around you is fantastic - Nothing I've seen before in my past companies. Team members and managers are there to back you up and support you whenever needed. Extremely nice campus with great amenities.

ConsThere appear to be a few bottlenecks when it comes to IT Processes, and some of the technologies used are a little out of date. Also, some of the IT project manager appear to be very limited in their knowledge and scope of IT process, department responsibilities, etc. (This can be extremely frustrating).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have open door policies, and encourage your team members to take on new challenges and projects

Troubled Waters

Sales (Former Employee)
Fenton, MO

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood marketing materials provided. Weekly meeting with manufacturing representatives provides insight to new products. Manufacturing representatives from various companies are typically very professional and provide a great service and opportunity. Each office location is managed and operated separately and this can be an asset. Many long term customer service personnel and knowledgeable support staff.

ConsCorporate structure changes and possible merger may have cause some temporary disruptions across the board. Need stronger HR involvement in each office location. High turn over in sales personnel. Many of the long term support staff were terminated due to restructure and possible impending merger.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an effective HR representative located at each location and actively involved in all employee one on one meetings. More communication, integration within regional areas and vertically with management.

Very Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis company offered me excellent opportunities for advancement

ConsI was concerned for their focus on the customer as their size grew larger and larger

Big, Sluggish, and one-step behind the competition. Paper is in decline, and so is xpedx.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than a year

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. Opportunity to service Fortune 500 level companies.

ConsSoon to be merging with largest competitor, Unisource. Will be a lot of growing pains and stress on employees. Merging two $5billion companies together.. headaches. Also, if you're going into sales, don't sign a non-compete agreement. They will make it impossible for you to find work elsewhere. Locally, management cares about employee. At corporate level there is no care for employees or customers. Sales commissions have been cut by 30%+ in last 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the customer first.

Trying hard to make a profit at two cents on the dollar.

Sales Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGenerally good people and earnest managers. Professional work environment. Good regional offices. Parent company, however, is very good.

ConsFacilities are dated. Managers are just that and not leaders. Lack of long-term career opportunities. Uncertain company future.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees as well as your customers.

A good place to work with great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompetitive pay, nice people, decent benefits, good working conditions.

ConsBeing spun off by parent company.

Great company to work for.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX

I have been working at xpedx full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCutting edge sales training process that takes you from step A to Z.

ConsNo follow ups after the process...kind of a sink or swim situation. Which is sad as they invest so much money to mold a person to not follow through.

A Great Career

Specialist (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFreedom to do what you are best at. Very nice benefits. Compensation is fair - vacation time is great.

ConsDisengaged corporate management. Very short sighted approach to divisions. Consolidations take place too often, not enough time to demonstrate success. Sales staff is spread too thin - too much geography - not enough hours in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind what made the company successful. Depending on a few people to make a determination of what others do is like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Could be better if....

Warehouser (Current Employee)
Lemoyne, PA

I have been working at xpedx full-time for more than a year

ProsAlways have work fair pay easy to get to somewhat good coworkers to work with I am sorry I really don't have to many pros to say about this company

Consfeel like a slave sometimes no bonuses unsafe place to work safety committee has had ideas on things but Xpedx does not want to spend money for a safer work place

Advice to Senior Managementjust be fair and listen to employees that's all I ask

Not my safest job

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee)
Lemoyne, PA

I worked at xpedx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros401k with jp morgan. Great employee discounts. Overtime.

ConsYou don't have to be a manager to write up someone doing something unsafe. People lie all the time.

Grabbing item over 8 feet above the floor. By standing on a pallet jack battery. Isn't very safe.
loading trucks standing on boxes,skids, or pallet jack battery isn't safe.

Aisle 33 has many skids leaning
backwards. Very unsafe. Working on the warehouse
floor is very unsafe.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure receiving wrap and secure skids not just put tape skids.over 6 foot tall and over 500 pounds. Get loading totes for loaders not just truck drivers. Do a piece rate for hard working people. Drivers get piece rae fot empty skids.

Worked for xpedx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at xpedx reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for xpedx CEO Mary A. Laschinger. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by xpedx employees.