zulily Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Review

Pros

Flexible hours, laid back fun atmosphere

Cons

Under-paid for workload you take on

Underpaid, undervalued but fun

I have been working at zulily full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment. Acknowledge achievements and fun team-building activities

Cons

Underpaid, undervalued. High turn-over rate.. The best team members are always looking for better opportunities elsewhere. Can be gossip-y and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Advice to executives: pay ALL of your full-time employees a livable wage. Working retail or in service pays more.

3. packer

Current Employee - Packer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Packer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay/benefits/easy work,nice break rooms,getting a.c.,there is no more pros just trying to do the 20 word minimum so this gets posted,tons of waste,order skids of tape guns and throw them away because they decided to go anothe way,40 skids of boxes didnt need put in shredder

Cons

too much favoritism,no support for emplyees,no incentive for hard workers,human resources NEVER answers the phone or returns one,stops you in morning meetings from answering questions,POOR communication

Advice to Management

hire people who actually know their job,do their job,a lot of management stright out of college have never worked at a facility and have NO experience other than books

Good first out-of-college job, but don't stay long

Current Employee - Product Copywriter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Product Copywriter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid-back work environment; no dress code, inspiring and witty coworkers; office in a nice, accessible neighborhood; benefits are average.

Cons

Very low pay; huge daily workload; not enough employees in my department; management and executives show little interest in employees' concerns.

6. Thin line between love and hate...

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Gahanna, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Gahanna, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, and great management! This is my favorite job! I love coming into work everyday, and being able to actually enjoy what I do! I really like the values we have as a company for our customers, and being able to truly make things right for them. There's not a lot of micro managing. Being recognized for going above and beyond is nice, and to opportunity to move up is great! A lot of recognition!

Cons

As most current and previous employees ave said, pay!! We are overworked and very underpaid. At my current position, I could go to another call center and make an extra $5/hour! I also feel like the pay levels for certain positions are not proportioned with the job duties. I believe that sometimes many issues are swept under the rug, and not addressed, while less urgent matters are taking precedence.

Advice to Management

UPPER MANAGEMENT-- Pay us a little more!! Pay according to the work we do, and get a better raise/bonus system in place for customer service. Management-- Recognize the employees that go above and beyond their required duties. Appreciate the employees that do more than they have to do. I feel like the employees that just do enough to get by, and keep their job are the ones being praised and acknowledged. The ones that do anything that's asked and way more then what they have to, get nothing. My biggest complaint is just the pay! I feel that we should be better compensated for what we do here.

zulily time

Current Employee - Studio Styling Assistant in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Studio Styling Assistant in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, great co-workers, and a great supervisor.

Cons

Upper management and other supervisors are demoralizing, don't take feedback well, and are always goofing off.

Advice to Management

Actively listen and learn from your employees, then apply it. This will go a far with your team and their moral.

Great Job

I have been working at zulily part-time

Pros

Health care, dental care, vision care, 401 k plan, paid sick and vacation leave.

Cons

None that I can think of.

9. assistant buyer

I have been working at zulily full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun collaborative vibe. learn lots quickly.

Cons

no room to grow. company has plateaued in hiring. horrible pay.

DIShonest, DISorganized, DIScount Company

Former Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Super cool business model. Fun, casual atmosphere (at least on the surface). Generally great co-workers and friendly people. Catchy company name with public recognition - nice office - lots of parties. Like many others, I was lured with good pay, future stock options, and promises of greatness... some people did win the Hunger Games to receive these things. Daryl the CEO is a super nice guy in person.

Cons

Total disorganization results in chaos - deadlines, sales goals, processes, EVERYTHING changes at the drop of a hat (or your manager's mood). When you ask for a plan you may be given one, but expect it to be changed in an instant with no notice (and perhaps a reprimand for not being a mind reader). Good luck trying to do your job under those circumstances! It's like trying to build a house on quicksand. Buyers are pitted against one against the other, as all are competing for the same limited vendors - so you get nasty, underhanded scrabbling among colleagues who *should* be working together as a team. Assistant buyers are overworked and under paid, and completely stressed out from the work load. Creative teams have more work than they can reasonably get through in the time allotted - but the fast pace means they'd better put out, stat, OR ELSE. Say hello to massive overtime with no extra pay, for pretty much everyone. (How does that salary look now?) Very poor work-life balance for everyone but the CEO (who seems to spend plenty of super fun happy time with his family). Enthusiasm for growth led to over-hiring and expansion into a new office in Ohio, which resulted in layoffs and/or firings as the company struggled to cut overhead. "Promotions" in name only were given to junior employees so they could fire the more experienced, higher salaried staff - while loading up the juniors with double the work. Again, say goodbye to your life, kids... it's zutime! And they just didn't seem to know what they wanted to do, or how to do it.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Decide what your process is, inform your employees, and stick to it. STOP THE DISHONESTY - you aren't fooling anyone with your pep rallies. Actual transparency and a clear business model are important. And for God's sake, have some compassion for the PEOPLE who's lives you are messing with and do a better job recruiting for actual long term positions instead of going for a churn and burn approach. If you give good people clear goals and projects, this company could be really great for the employees and the shareholders.

11. Stay Away

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture Open Work Space

Cons

Low Pay No Life outside your job You work 7 days a week That computer is your life Raises are Rare Rare raises are extremely small; we are talking Pennies No such thing as a promotion

Advice to Management

Retention

RSS Feed </> Embed