With the UK’s unemployment rate rising slightly to 7.8%, securing a new job can still feel incredibly challenging. For any UK job seeker lucky enough to land an interview, Glassdoor is revealing our list of 25 Tough Interview Questions – UK Edition to help prepare them for any interview at any company. This list is compiled from the thousands of interview questions shared by UK job candidates on Glassdoor and is designed to help UK job seekers prepare for challenging or unexpected questions that may arise during a job interview.
Glassdoor’s 25 Tough Interview Questions – UK Edition:
1. “If you were to win £1 million what would you do with the money?” – Asked at PwC. More UK PwC interview questions.
2. “What do you think is the most useful function in Excel?” – Asked at FirstGroup. More UK FirstGroup interview questions.
3. “What makes you happy about work on a Friday evening?” – Asked at Tesco. More UK Tesco interview questions.
4. “How do you fit a giraffe in a fridge?” – Asked at UBS. More UK UBS interview questions.
5. “What is it about this job you would least look forward to?” – Asked at BP. More UK BP interview questions.
6. “If you were the Head of Barclays Corporate what would your strategy be with the recent European Crisis?” – Asked at Barclays. More UK Barclays interview questions.
7. “If your friend was seriously injured and you had to get him to a hospital, would you speed and go through a red light?” – Asked at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert. More UK Barlow Lyde & Gilbert interview questions.
8. “Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?” – Asked at BHP Billiton. More UK BHP Billiton interview questions.
9. “Tell me about a time when you failed at something.” – Asked at Lloyds Banking Group. More UK Lloyds Banking Group interview questions.
10. “What are the three words that your parents would describe you with?” – Asked at YO! Sushi. More UK YO! Sushi interview questions.
11. “What have you done in the past to get out of a tricky situation?” – Asked at Virgin Atlantic Airways. More UK Virgin Atlantic Airways interview questions.
12. “Why is 99% not good enough?” – Asked at Parcelforce Worldwide. More UK Parcelforce Worldwide interview questions.
13. “How many ways can you get a needle out of a haystack?” – Asked at Macquarie Bank. More UK Macquarie Bank interview questions.
14. “How would you explain Facebook to your Grandma?” – Asked at Huddle. More UK Huddle interview questions.
15. “If you entered into a room full of people with different interests, what would you do?” – Asked at Ernst & Young. More UK Ernst & Young interview questions.
16. “What do you mean by ‘leadership’?” – Asked at Moody’s. More UK Moody’s interview questions.
17. “By what criteria do you judge your own performance?” – Asked at Gatwick Airport. More UK Gatwick Airport interview questions.
18. “Which football team do you support?” – Asked at Sky. More UK Sky interview questions.
19. “What is the main thing that gets you out of bed each morning?” – Asked at Everything Everywhere. More UK Everything Everywhere interview questions.
20. “Describe the hardest decision you have faced in the past 12 months.” – Asked at Accenture. More UK Accenture interview questions.
21. “Who is your biggest hero?” – Asked at De La Rue. More UK De La Rue interview questions.
22. “Give me an example of your extreme levels of tenacity.” – Asked at ALDI. More UK ALDI interview questions.
23. “In a fight between a lion and a tiger, who would win & why?” – Asked at Capco. More UK Capco interview questions.
24. “How would your delegates describe you?” – Asked at Harvey Nichols. More UK Harvey Nichols interview questions.
25. “Do you think the quality of our menswear products are as high as our home department products?” – Asked at Marks & Spencer. More UK Marks & Spencer interview questions.
Have you been asked a tough interview question? Share the interview question with others.