GlaxoSmithKline’s Witty Ranks #1; 10 Highest Rated CEOs in the UK (2014)
Glassdoor is releasing its inaugural list of the 10 Highest Rated CEOs in the UK, based entirely on employee feedback. As part of Glassdoor’s global expansion and its mission to help people everywhere find jobs and companies they love, this list highlights strong leaders across the UK that have gained support and approval from their employees.
The report features global and national companies, across a range of sectors including retail, engineering and banking. GlaxoSmithKline’s Andrew Witty takes the top spot with a 100% approval rating, followed by Rolls Royce’s John Rishton (97% approval) and John Lewis’ Charlie Mayfield (97% approval).
The companies and leaders taking the plaudits this year are:
1. GlaxoSmithKline, Andrew Witty, 100% approval rating
2. Rolls Royce, John Rishton, 97% approval rating
3. John Lewis, Charlie Mayfield, 97% approval rating
4. Waitrose, Mark Price, 96% approval rating
5. Barclays, Antony Jenkins, 89% approval rating
6. Accenture, Pierre Nanterme, 89% approval rating
7. BP, Robert Dudley, 88% approval rating
8. Sainsbury’s, Justin King, 86% approval rating
9. dunnhumby, Simon Hay, 86% approval rating
10. Vodafone, Vittorio Colao, 83% approval rating
Report as of 31/01/14, based on companies headquartered in the UK or Ireland with at least 20 CEO approval ratings shared on Glassdoor by UK employees.
So, what is it about these CEOs that employees appreciate? According to the reviews shared by employees, consistent themes among the top CEOs include clear communication, providing career advancement opportunities and building company culture.
This list is based entirely on employee feedback shared on Glassdoor by UK-based employees voluntarily and anonymously as part of Glassdoor’s company review survey. Employees are asked: Do you approve of the way your CEO is leading the company?
Do you approve or disapprove of the way your CEO is leading your company? Share a review.