Ten Interview Questions Every Job Candidate Should Know (Part 2)
Getting ready for a job interview and want to practice answering some common interview questions? Below are the top 10 interview questions employers asked candidates over the past year – try rehearsing your responses so you can brush up on your interview skills.
- What are your salary requirements? (Hint: if you’re not sure what’s a fair salary range and compensation package, research the job title and/or company on Glassdoor.)
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- What are your career goals?
- What can you offer us that someone else cannot?
- Discuss your resume.
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
- What questions haven’t I asked you? (or) What questions do you have for me?
In this job market don’t be surprised to hear:
- Why did you leave your current job without a job in this economy?
- What’s the reason for the gap in your resume?
- In an environment of layoffs and restructuring, how do you keep your team motivated?
Want to test yourself on more common interview questions? Try these. Once you’ve practiced answering these questions, try taking your best shot at some oddball interview questions other candidates have recently been asked.
Have you been on an interview lately? Share an interview review and tell us about your experience and the questions you were asked.