Top Oddball Interview Questions For Interns
Students will soon need to start thinking about what they plan to do this summer, especially if they hope to land internships that will help boost their future career search. As Heather Huhman, a Glassdoor blogger and career expert writes, “Intern supervisors start accepting applications and resumes one to two months before the start date of the internship.”
But finding open internships and sending in your resume are just the first step to securing a position – it’s the interview that is often the most stressful experience. Glassdoor’s data analysis team dug into the internship interview reviews and found students and other entry-level workers can be faced with some tough and off-the-wall interview questions. Below are 20 oddball interview questions for intern candidates:
9. “You are climbing a stair case. Each time you can either make 1 step or 2 steps. The staircase has n steps. In how many distinct ways can you climb the staircase?” – view answers
Asked at Google. More Google interview questions.
10. “Five guys, all of different ages enter a bar and take a seat at a round table. What is the probability that they are seated in ascending order of age? (Clockwise or counter-clockwise).” – view answers
Asked at Susquehanna International Group. More Susquehanna International Group interview questions.
12. “Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale. What’s the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?” – view answers
Asked at Goldman Sachs. More Goldman Sachs interview questions
13. “If we were playing Russian roulette and had one bullet, I randomly spun the chamber and fired but nothing was fired, would you rather fire the gun again or re-spin the chamber and then fire on your turn.” – view answers
Asked at UBS. More UBS interview questions.
20. “If you walk into a liquor store to count the bottles unsold, but the clerk is screaming at you to leave, what do you do?” – view answers
Asked at Diageo North America. More Diageo North America interview questions.
Are you getting ready to apply to internships? Got questions about the internship process? Post your questions here and Glassdoor’s career experts can help.