Game Closure is looking for a 2D Game Artist to help us build the games that guide the development of the world's best mobile game engine. We are 25-strong and growing (carefully). If you want to join a great team, develop cool games and cutting-edge technology and have an impact, then we want to talk to you.
ABOUT GAME CLOSURE
Game Closure is democratizing mobile game development using HTML5, allowing developers to build a game once and launch seamlessly on a variety of mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.).
You will work with talented artists and producers, and the best engineers in the world -- we have top talent in every part of our stack, from server architecture to browser optimization to Android internals -- on the hardest problems in mobile and social gaming, and create beautiful, frictionless games.
A few other tidbits:
- Backed by top-tier investors, including Highland, Benchmark and Greylock.
- Located in Mountain View, right off Caltrain and in the heart of the Castro Street restaurant corridor.
- We offer truly meaningful equity -- we want you to feel like a partner in our business and share in its success -- and competitive pay and full benefits
Some press clippings:
- Techcrunch: http://tcrn.ch/XTR9ir
- VentureBeat: http://bit.ly/TszL2o
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR // WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our 2D Game Artist will work closely with our team of talented artists, product managers and engineers to explore and create various visual systems for our game titles, and conceptualize and illustrate game assets, characters, environments, props, icons, and more.
We don't have an exhaustive list of criteria for this role -- we're still at the size where we can still fit the role around the individual and their interests (rather than the other way around). Simply put, we're looking for supremely talent digital artists with a passion for games and a kick-ass portfolio.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge, this role will be perfect for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a great work environment and solid compensation and benefits, Game Closure offers:
- Ownership: We're a small team, and we empower our people to pursue novel approaches.
- Challenge(s): What we're doing isn't easy. We're working every day to solve the hardest problems in mobile game development.
- Skills: There's zero stagnation here. We use the latest tools and technologies every day. You can touch everything and see your influence on real, shipping products
- Creative input: Ideas are valued from all corners of Game Closure, and we work fast -- that idea can go from concept to live in short order.
- Community. Closures hang together. We take care of our people and believe it makes us stronger as a company. We enjoy working together and relaxing together.