Department: Grocery Department
Reports to: Front-End Manager
The Cashier is responsible for providing customers with a rapid and accurate checkout. The Cashier must have a positive attitude and provide excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company rules and policies;
- Follows their assigned shift schedules- any changes must be approved by the Store Director;
- Maintains a neat, well- groomed personal appearance at all times;
- Complies with safety policies and procedures;
- Adheres to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations;
- Cleans and maintains the store floor clean and free of debris that may pose a threat to employee and customer safety;
- Responds to all calls for service or clean-up quickly;
- Greets and provides prompt courteous customer service;
- Counts cash drawer at start and end of every shift;
- Turns in accurately counted monies and organized paperwork at the end of shift;
- Scans items rapidly, and inputs PLU’s accurately from memory;
- Knowledgeable of the store’s merchandise, and the departments they belong to;
- Collects payment in the form of cash, check, credit cards, debit cards, EBT, WIC, coupons, gift certificates, vouchers, etc., responsibly and according to company policy;
- Fully understands and implements WIC procedures;
- Verifies appropriate customer I.D. for alcoholic beverages or selected over-the-counter medication purchases;
- Records and submits all voids and refunds with manager approval;
- Records “not on file” items and submits to the scan coordinator;
- Cleans checkstands daily;
- Follows 15 Commitments to Professional Checkout;
- Assists customers with large items;
- Bags customer items according to company policy;
- Returns go-backs;
- Occasional on floor work and various duties;
- Knowledgeable and ready to assist in grocery and utility clerk activities.
- The individual must be able to perform all of the duties listed in the Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities in an efficient and satisfactory manner;
- High school diploma is preferred, but not required;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required;
- Basic math skills in order to operate a cash register;
- Must have initiative, be dependable, and provide excellent customer service;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and solve practical problems independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Constant standing and walking ;
- Repetitive hand and arm movements; bending, carrying, and lifting;
- Moving items, up to 30 pounds, horizontally or vertically;
- Pushing shopping carts of up to 75 pounds;
- Daily work with checkstands and cleaning chemicals;
- Must have a flexible schedule; evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals and odors;
- Exposure to high and low temperatures, including refrigerated coolers and storage areas;
- There may be abrupt temperature changes while moving from one environment to another;
- Exposure to outside climate;
- Exposure to wet floors and noise.
This job description is intended to provide the general requirements of the work performed in this job position. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Rio Ranch Markets reserves the right to revise this job description, and to assign other duties as they are deemed necessary to warrant the operational needs of the company.
Rio Ranch Markets is one of Southern California's fastest growing Hispanic supermarket chains. With 7 stores currently operating, Rio Ranch Markets is preparing to expand operations throughout Southern California with the opening of five new stores in the next five years. Founded in 1983 by two entrepreneurial businessmen, Rio Ranch Markets places a strong emphasis on fresh foods including meat, produce, prepared foods, bakery and homemade tortillas.
The most important role of the Rio Ranch Market associate is to deliver the best customer experience. The Rio Associate creates an upbeat, warm and friendly shopping experience throughout the store. They share their product knowledge and enthusiasm with customers by answering questions, offering suggestions, and walking customers to products. The Rio Associate makes sure our customers know they are welcome and cared for.
Rio Ranch Market stands behind its mission of providing a fully stocked, clean, friendly, value and service oriented store that makes customers and employees happy and meets or exceeds sales and profit expectations. Our associates strive to accomplish this mission by never being satisfied, and striving daily to improve the store and their own performance. We develop and maintain excellence in our reputation, have a fanatical attention to detail and consistency, and through our hard work and efforts, we will walk with our heads up, proud to be part of the organization we have built.
This position is currently accepting applications.