St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area. We have a conference center that is available for private and business functions.
- Hospitality, catering event experience. Detail driven, strong communication skills, able to work in organized chaos. $18 hr/25 hrs per week. Must be flexible with hours are they will vary according to event schedule.
- Under general supervision from Food Service Director and Dietary Supervisor, perform general catering service duties, set up other items pertaining to cater functions. Consistently ensure customer satisfaction and support Food Service Director. Work schedules and work locations will vary depending on location of events and business necessity.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise staff
- Interview and hire per diem wait staff
- Attend manager meetings within the department
- Create work schedules of wait staff
- Monitor and direct staff, address work performance issues with staff
- Signs time sheets and other documents and approves overtime for staff when necessary
- Provides orientation for new wait staff
- Assures continuous and consistent delivery of quality food service
- Prepares food items according to standards
- Organizes and maintains records/documents
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Maintains accurate service records, records amounts prepared and unused portions after each meal
- Adheres to all departmental sanitation procedures and enforces St. Anne’s policies
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations
- Set up and pick up catering order on a timely basis
- Decorate buffet and food lines in a professional design
- Cover, label, and store food/drinks in proper storage area following catering functions
- Clean work and set up area, including floors, counters, catering equipment while maintaining maximum standards of sanitation and safety
- Maintain food and supply inventory records
- Inspect equipment and facilities to assure proper use, maintenance, and sanitation
- Engage in regular communication with customer, residents, staff, and conferees to answer questions, provide assistance or services and to gain feedback on the quality of the unit’s and services features
- Maintain maximum standards of sanitation and safety
- Maintain regular, consistent, and timely attendance
- SECONDARY DUITIES:
- Assists in stocking inventories, supply ordering and unit inspections as directed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of equipment needs.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of resident population.
- Provides assistance to each resident in working with a group and in handling individual problems.
- Administers discipline and setting of limits for behavior.
- Provides supervision, protection, and care of residents, individually and groups at all time.
- Document residents progress; identifies possible needs for professional services; communicate such findings to childcare staff.
- Minimum five years in Dining Service catering/hotel background or equivalent education and experience
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Current California driver’s license
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).