Citizen Outreach Director for OPB, Oregon's Public TV NetworkDonor Development Strategies – Portland, OR
DDS Canvass Director
We are Donor Development Strategies, a national field organizing firm that specializes in building support for high profile non-profits through individual face-to-face conversations. Our mission is to bring a professional approach to door-to-door fundraising and member acquisition. We provide in depth training and competitive pay and benefits to our staff to ensure that we offer a long term home for professional organizers. Right now, our focus is to raise money and identify new members for PBS and NPR stations across the country. In an expansive market, public media provides citizens across the country opportunities to experience new places, explore new ideas, and discover new worlds. Here in Oregon we’ve teamed up with OPB, Oregon Public Broadcasting, to ensure that this great community resource continues to have support from the public.
Canvass Directors will work with the Regional Director and the DDS Leadership team to implement a strategic field plan with specific fundraising goals. Canvass directors will be responsible for managing numerous canvassers with the goal of engaging citizens at their door in order to raise money and build membership for OPB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement a targeted field program with a field staff made up of 10-30 canvassers.
- Go door-to-door to raise money and sign up members for OPB.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage canvassers who will contact targeted citizens.
- Go door to door to raise money and sign up members for OPB.
- Conduct analysis of daily operations to deliver maximum performance.
- At least one year door-to-door fundraising experience.
- Management (including supervisory) experience.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Genuine enthusiasm for OPB’s mission.
- Ability to successfully represent (speech, mannerisms, carriage, etc.) the OPB brand.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and weekends--- 50+ hours per week
$31,200-$39,000 + fundraising bonuses (dependent on experience). Includes competitive benefits package
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For more info, please visit: www.donordevo.com
Donor Development Strategies is a legally registered LLC contracted with OPB/Oregon Public Broadcasting to provide fundraising and membership building services.
Donor Development Strategies is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.