Consultant Sustainable Real Estate/High Performance DesignLocation: New York City
Kinetix [business ecology] provides high performance design consulting services from feasibility and ROI studies through implementation phases of real estate projects. We work closely with developers to maximize the value of their assets through the development and maintenance of high-performance buildings and portfolios. Our strategies and solutions consider global impacts, local and regional conditions, preservation of natural resources, community development, occupant health and comfort, building systems efficiencies, first costs and operating costs. Our services include developing LEED-certified buildings for clients.
We are seeking an architect with expertise in sustainable design to support our design team in the preparation of client deliverables. The successful candidate will research and develop design strategies to optimize site, envelope, water, energy and materials solutions for real estate development projects and quantify performance gains to communicate the value of high performance design. In addition, the candidate will research technologies, materials and design details and perform analyses and manage the documentation of the sustainable design for LEED process and credits for client projects.
* Manage client projects for HPD and LEED projects to ensure excellence in deliverables
* Research design and specification of sustainable design solutions for core and shell as well as building interiors
* Contribute to the development of client solutions and project management and design tools
* Assist in the development of materials for design team meetings, presentations, and reports
* Assist in the development of computerized energy and daylight modeling deliverables
* Complete analyses required for LEED credits
* Complete LEED templates
* Preliminary cost-estimating and calculation of payback periods
* Master's degree
* LEED Accredited Professional
* Minimum 3 - 5 years experience
* Excellent drawing, written, and presentation skills
* Expertise in AutoCAD and InDesign
* Ability to work independentlyCompensation
Independent contractor position available at present - hourly rates commensurate with experience. Potential for full-time salaried position.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:jobs[at]kinetixllc[dot]com. (No phone calls.)
Kinetix is an equal opportunity employer.