Join the Picture Revolution!
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform and making conventional cameras a thing of the past. The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken, remarkable low-light sensitivity, and 3D viewing.
The company was founded in 2006 by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a Corporate Controller who can partner with and support the VP Finance and in managing a high growth technology company from an entrepreneurial phase to that of sustained, rapid, global growth, and market leadership. The Corporate Controller will provide hands-on administration of the accounting function, ensure strong financial controls and compliance, and support Lytro, Inc in meeting its financial and strategic objectives. The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Company’s financial policies and procedures pertaining to business processes or internal controls.
This is a hands-on role that requires a senior level professional who is comfortable operating in the day-to-day details. Experience in and knowledge of consumer finance and accounting operations is necessary, including strong Revenue Recognition and cost skills. Our ideal candidate will possess very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build executive trust and confidence through their interactions.
- Must “own” the Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of internal financial reporting to management.
- Be intimate with the financial statements, fully understand variances to budget and deliver fully reviewed financial statements to the VP Finance and Accounting
- Experience with consumer electronics and software related revenue recognition matters
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of accounting records and resulting financial statements; work closely with VP Finance and Accounting and outside auditors to establish a partnership which ensures Lytro Inc.’s compliance with all requirements
- Create and adherence and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures
- Train, manage and motivate the staff in the Controller organization.
- As required, act as a key representative of the Accounting and Finance Team in cross-functional groups and projects
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of financial and tax audits
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business is required; MBA, a plus.
- CPA and experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm is encouraged.
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible accounting and finance experience and previous experience as a controller in a consumer facing or manufacturing company..
- Experience with consumer electronics accounting and operations accounting and business related content
- Experience in high-tech, fast growth start-ups is required.
- Experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial statements and input to projections.
- Experience in setting up accounting processes for foreign subsidiaries, consolidation of these subsidiaries into the company monthly results, including reconciliation of intercompany transactions and elimination entries.
- Effective leader and people manager with demonstrated ability to mentor subordinates.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with NetSuite or similar ERP system High level of integrity, and energy, and passion for what we do.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization.