CUSTOMER SUPPORT – QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
We’re a work-hard-play-hard company in a startup-like atmosphere that still provides the security of an established services company. This position is responsible for planning, managing and directing all aspects of the Modustri Customer Service and Quality Assurance Department.
This individual is responsible for coordinating quality assurance through training and interfacing with employees and customers. This position will provide a quality system which will insure that the products designed, manufactured, and sold by Modustri meet all customer specifications and monitor the Quality system to ensure continued compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quality Culture – Responsible for leadership role in changing/maintaining the quality culture of the company. Acts as champion of quality throughout the organization.
- Quality Improvement – Develop, lead, facilitate and participate in quality improvement teams. Responsible for motivating and generating teamwork within teams. Focus will be on defect prevention rather than defect detection.
- Quality Conformance – Responsible for ensuring that all raw materials, produced product, and contract manufactured product conforms to quality standards. Provides support and recommendations on adjustments required for in-process production. Responsible for all departmental documentation.
- Customer Service – Responsible for ensuring customer service through product quality. Serves as a primary contact with the customer. Maintains communication with customers by telephone, written communication and/or physical contact. Responsible for dealing with customers and suppliers in assuring quality and developing quality improvement programs. This position is responsible for implementing teams, which would recommend modifications to product specifications, process equipment, control equipment, all which are necessary to ensure satisfactory quality.
- Supervision – Provide leadership, direction and management for Quality Improvement personnel. Ensures conformance with departmental objectives. Train team participants from other departments.
- Decision Making – Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of quality improvement policies. Very strong people skills are required to develop improvement teams, and to work independently, across various disciplines. Will work with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates the work flow of the Quality Assurance staff to ensure the efficient and timely processing of materials and information.
- Provides advice, counsel and training to Quality Assurance staff.
- Assembles and/or directs information for the preparation of reports.
- Reviews generated data to ensure the suitability of the Quality System.
- Exercises good judgment and decisions without sacrificing Modustri quality policy and goals.
- Completes project assignments as assigned by the General Manager.
- Prepare and manages budget.
- Participates in strategic planning.
- Fosters teams cooperation and development.
- Educates personnel in the quality philosophy and practices to include improvement strategies.
- Serves as technical support for Engineering.
- Coordinates plans to ensure an effective flow of work between departments.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT – QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER (CONTINUED)
- Reviews, observes and audits quality effecting activities.
- Manages the Internal Audit Process.
- Works with self-directed teams to facilitate human resource and process management.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Preferred BS or BA degree preferred in an engineering, science or industrial management discipline and CQA Certified. Also prefer a minimum of 5 years management experience with demonstrated TQM, communication, communication, interpersonal, leadership skills.
- Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, organizational abilities, and analytical skills.
- Must know how to use instruments such as calipers, micrometers, optical comparitor, gages and other devices required to accomplish job requirements.
- Appreciation and knowledge of team concepts.
- Familiar with manufacturing systems to allow for cross-functional improvement processes to be pursued.
- Thorough working knowledge of work flow processing.
- Ability to work independently in solving problems and assisting in projects.
- Flexible work style.
- Project planning skills.
- Needs-assessment abilities.
- Business process and system design.
- Principles of Total Quality Management.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Team facilitation skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Modustri.