Our client is looking for a Database Administrator for an opportunity in San Francisco, CA. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop reports to meet the needs of senior management, staff in a wide variety of functions, regulators and business partners.
- Support and enhance existing data repositories and reports using SQL Server 2000 and 2005, Transact SQL, MS Reporting Services, and Crystal Reports.
- Analyze existing reports and application data to diagnose and identify solutions to reported problems.
- Work with users in a variety of functions to understand their reporting needs; document requirements for development by yourself or your teammates.
- Actively participate in all phases of data management from data modeling, warehouse and datamart design, to coding, testing, and technical documentation
- Accurately assess technical feasibility and development effort given business specifications; identify and propose alternatives to meet given resource/time constraints.
- Synthesizes complex of diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems science, telecommunications, or a related field of study.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, and current technologies in telecommunications, data entry and file management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Microsoft spreadsheet software; and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.