Development AssociateAvailable: Statewide Nonprofit
Are you interested in offering your administrative talents, detail skills and mission-focused contributions to a dynamic team to add the gift of warmth and power to Oregonians facing hardships? HEAT Oregon is seeking qualified candidates for its Development Associate.
The Development Associate serves a vital role at HEAT Oregon, supporting the operational and development functions, and managing all aspects of our valuable donor database while ensuring accuracy and effectiveness.
HEAT Oregon, celebrating its 25th year of service, envisions a community where all Oregonians are able to retain heat and electricity without sacrificing basic needs, such as food or medicine. Honored to provide 100% donor-funded utility-bill assistance within a statewide collaborative network, HEAT Oregon served over 14,000 individuals last year.
The Development Associate works collaboratively and independently within a small dedicated team, 32-40 hours per week with occasional evening or weekend events and reports directly to the Executive Director. Compensation: Hiring Range $13-$14 hour to include medical/dental insurance after 60 days and paid leave based on accrual. Retirement plan eligibility after the 3rd year.
To Apply: Submit Resume and cover letter (please note core competencies and experience not readily apparent in resume) to Applicant@HEATOregon.org and include “Development Associate” in subject line or mail to: HR Director, HEAT Oregon, PO Box 127 Tualatin, Oregon 97062
Primary responsibility is donor stewardship through our extensive donor database, gift acknowledgement and related operational processes.
- Receives and handles incoming gifts (checks, online, credit) in timely fashion.
- Daily processing in the Raisers Edge donor database, not limited to: gift entry,
data coding, record updates, and reporting; assures accuracy, security, and integrity work.
- Creates queries and data analysis; reports as needed.
- Generates mailing lists/mail merge docs for mailings, newsletters and/or other contacts with significant donors.
- Understands and supports internal business and accounting practices and how they relate to functionality within thedatabase.
- Asks critical questions to assure the quality of data extractions.
- Assists with all major fundraising events, including tracking ticket sales, generating event-related mailings, acknowledgements and general event support.
- Supports Executive Director, and colleagues as requested.
- Organizes, arranges and staff’s Board of Directors (BOD) Meetings; generates and disseminates agendas, minutes and relevant correspondence to BOD.
- Maintains corporate and BOD files for leadership and administrative functions.
- Responsible for scanning/filing organizational data/correspondence per procedures.
- Assists with entry and verification of accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Acts as primary customer service/goodwill ambassador, answers phone calls, post and email inquiries.
- Assists in developing newsletters, organizational material and donor communications.
- Provides general support as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience including one-year of database entry as an essential job skill, additional skill-training certifications related to job expectations considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook); Intermediate use of social media platforms and digital management systems a plus.
- Experience with donor-based software, the Raisers Edge; experiencing segmenting and verifying large amounts of data preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational and record keeping skills.
- Self-motivated problem solver who can prioritize important tasks, juggle multiple tasks and manage time well.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills; proficient communication & diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; committed to support and service.
- Preference given to applicants with experience in nonprofit organizations.
- Able to work in open office cubicle, susceptible to noise and interruptions.
- Able to lift 30lb and move up to 50lb. (i.e. boxes, files, materials) with assistance or equipment; works occasionally in outdoor or special event environment.
- Could be exposed to noise, fluctuating temperature including outdoor weather, variety of office set-ups, environments or locations.
- Standard 7-8 hour shift during open office hours (8-5pm), M-F;
- Occasional evenings or weekends in whole or in part.