The Partner Services Group ("PSG") provides a wide range of services to our Partners, and in particular manages our Partner compensation and equity system and related matters with our Partners. The model is a dynamic, multi-faceted system designed and customized as needed to support a growing, diverse global partnership. Beyond managing the model, the group plays an integral part in the Partner development and evaluation process as well as the worldwide finance functions.
The Projects Leader is a member of Partners Services Group Operations Team ("PSG Ops") but will work across all teams in the Partner Services Group, most closely with the Program Managers. The majority of the projects for the Projects Leader will originate with the Program Managers who will be planning for changes to BCG Partners' global compensation & equity framework for a wide and varied number of reasons. These changes will impact a number of departments at BCG, such as Treasury, Tax, and Legal and it will be up to the Projects Leader to plan and coordinate with each department in the evaluation and implementation phases of a project. Additionally, as member of the PSG Ops team, the Projects Leader will not only coordinate with the PSG Ops Team, but also manage the implementation for them in conjunction with the steady state program owner.
To be successful, an individual must have proven experience working as a project implementation or operations manager with strong skills in financial modeling, team management, business relationship management and executive communication. Additionally, they will need to demonstrate a "hands-on" and flexible management approach to leading their team and building strong customer relationships with the Partner Services group.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Projects Leader will focus primarily on the following:
- Supporting the decision making process around proposed changes to global compensation & equity framework, such as introduction of new equity programs, by preparing modeling & analysis to determine the financial impact on either BCG or individual Partners
- Ensuring the modeling for the evaluation phase is flexible enough to be produced frequently with a high degree of accuracy and can consider a wide range of assumptions
- Working closely with the other BCG departments during the evaluation and analysis phase to ensure any questions or concerns over the change are clearly communicated to the Program Managers and PSG Partners
- Project management of implementation process for any changes that are agreed as a result of the modeling & analysis prepared
- Coordinating closely with other functions impacted by the changes to gather their concerns and help them to mitigate any risks to the roll-out of the changes in their area
- Working with PSG Ops staff, particularly the Head of Equity, PSG, to determine the impact of proposed changes on operational processes and procedures within the PSG Ops
- Managing the changes to operational procedures and processes on behalf of PSG Ops by working with Systems Group to make changes required to systems or amending, adding to or documenting procedures for PSG Ops staff to follow after the change
- Ensuring the changes to programs are executed in PSG Ops as they were designed by Program Managers or Decision Support
- Serving as change manger for any major shifts in process or procedures in PSG Ops that results from changes in other departments
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders locally, regionally and globally
- Driving team and project status communications to the project team and business sponsors
- Scheduling and leading project meetings with appropriate members from PSG Ops Team and other impacted functions
- Collaborating with team members in Partner Services Group and wider Global Finance Organization on other various projects as assigned by the Director of Operations, PSG
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Information Systems, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience at BCG or other professional services firm in a senior business partnership role
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience managing, supporting and implementing projects, preferably in the professional services or financial industry
- Proven ability and success in managing technically challenging implementation projects on a global level
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to interact with executive and non-executive individuals
- Ability to develop and manage project and resource plans
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex business process problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and ability to stay focused
- Ability to work independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Project Management certification, PMP or equivalent a plus
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please visit http://bit.ly/1flNvWP to learn more and apply directly.