Firmware QA Engineer
Work in HR? Unlock Free Profile
Beyondsoft is seeking a Firmware QA engineer for testing the System Management Controller firmware algorithms and implementation. The firmware QA is responsible for many low level functions within computer systems including thermal and power management, battery management, host communications and wake functions. The Firmware QA team is responsible for validating all SMC functionality which encompasses both normal operation and error condition handling.
Responsibilities will include:
- Testing of SMC functionality and new features.
- Designing automated testing environments.
- Mentoring junior QA engineers
- Represent SMC Firmware QA in project discussions, identifying and calling out quality risks and concerns
- Scope and prioritize Firmware QA deliverables and milestones.
- Scope tools and infrastructure required to build a first class Firmware QA environment.
- Deliver status updates and escalation of high priority issues.
- Bachelor's degree in CE, CS or EE with minimum 2 years QA experience.
- Technical knowledge of firmware and embedded systems especially focused on consumer products.
- Strong knowledge of QA process, automation and report generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record for delivery of high quality testing in a high paced environment
- Expertise with Macintosh hardware and Mac OS X
- Use of hardware debugging tools including scopes and analyzers for I2C, SPI and RS232
- Ability to use database systems like svn and understand code written in "C" and "C++"
- Understanding of embedded systems using an RTOS.
- Test automation using Perl, Python, or other scripting languages
Beyondsoft (www.beyondsoft.com) is a leading IT outsourcing company with Global Delivery Centers. Beyondsoft offers IT consulting, Application Development and Maintenance (ADM), ERP and BPO services to the clients across the globe. With its relentless focus on achieving the highest quality in its deliveries, Beyondsoft has become a trusted brand and achieved consistent growth in its repeat business with its clients.
Beyondsoft has development centers in the major cities in China, as well as operations/centers in the U.S., China, Japan, Singapore and India. The global delivery centers enable Beyondsoft to offer high-quality and cost effective services to its clients by adopting the right mix of onsite, near-site and multi-tier offshore delivery centers. It also allows Beyondsoft to share and grow its offerings, knowledge and process maturity. Beyondsoft is an ISO27001 certified company and the security systems at Beyondsoft meet world’s most strict standards.
Beyondsoft is renowned for its experience in working with the world's best technology companies and some of the world's leading enterprises in the vertical industries. Our commitment to quality is reflected in the fact that all of the world's top five technology companies are currently long-term clients of Beyondsoft. Being a leading service
supplier dedicated to end-to-end ITO and BPO services, Beyondsoft has also accumulated extensive experience in the verticals like financial services, pharmaceutical, telecom, etc. with the leading players of those industries.
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO