The HPC Sales Manager is responsible for securing business in the high performance computing and closely related markets. In this high profile and challenging role the HPC Sales Manager will be reporting to the Vice president of Worldwide Sales and will be responsible for the strategy, development and execution of our thermal solutions into the high performance computing market. This person will be charged with developing and expanding sales operations in this field, planning, forecasting and executing all sales activities. The successful candidate will manage established and current customer relationships within North America. These target areas include but are not limited to: Oil & Gas, federal data centers, federal labs, large universities, and manufacturing companies. The Sales Manager will be developing key relationships with end users, system builders and integrators and other strategic market channels.
The Sales Manager will be answerable for developing account relationships with the key people within the potential client organizations by providing high-level product information and explanations to successfully address the clients’ needs. Responsibilities include achieving assigned sales quotas together with customer goals, as well as developing business and proposals for presentation to customers, coordinating account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years current experience in HPC or closely related vertical with a sales track record of networking business focused on HPC customers in Oil & Gas, federal labs, universities and manufacturing companies
- Strong proven relationship with System Integrators, VARS and channels that serve the aforementioned markets
- Strong motivation for sales; aggressive and diligent attitude in reaching sales objective, ability to develop marketing plans, market knowledge and understanding the customers’ needs.
- Focus will be on closing skills and record of exceeding sales goals
- A strong understanding of the business issues of the HPC market
- Project management of complex client developments, proposal skills
- Thermal engineering & Networking switching technology background a plus
- Self-starter who is able to successfully work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly energetic personality who enjoys working in a growing team atmosphere and a good attitude towards working in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent references a must
- PLEASE provide salary history - this is a must!!
Located in North America
Energenic, cool products, freedom, the ability to drive someting new and industry changing
distant, not enough resources to make the cool stuff work in the maner needed for the industry to take hold
Advice to Management
hire folks that are smarter and have the ability to take it to the next level. Open the purse strings so you can hire the right talent