Your application has been submitted.
Our client, United Property Associates, is a family owned Virginia Beach based Property Management Company that has been in business for over 35 years. They manage single family and multi-family housing in Central and South Eastern Virginia and North Carolina. Their business consists of managing rental units as well as associations. They are the power player in their market and have been consistently growing. Last year they grew by 20 employees and by 15 the previous year when most in the space were contracting. The company consists of approximately 220 employees, manages over 40,000 units, and has offices in Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Newport News, and Williamsburg.
On their behalf, we are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, HR professional with a strong skill set and desire to succeed. Although covering the traditional responsibilities of an HR Manager, we are looking for someone that will be a key part of their senior management team working hand-in-hand with the company’s owners. Specifically viewing the role as a strategic partner and as a change mentor.
The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, excellence, productivity, high standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of superior employees.
The Human Resources Manager coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through the Human Resources staff; reports to the Senior Vice President and serves as a member of the Senior Management Committee; and assists and advises company owners and managers about Human Resources related topics and concerns.
Human Resource Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains organization staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Maintains organization staff job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising employee work results and as needed by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit bids when necessary; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SPHR Certification, Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Hiring, Recruiting, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
What was once the task of hiring employees is now the process of team-based hiring of the best possible talented employees who are recruited via methods that range from employee referrals to social media sourcing. These employees are also congruent with the company's culture.
The role of the HR Manager must parallel the needs of this developing, changing organization. Successful organizations are becoming more adaptable, resilient, quick to change direction, and customer-centered. They recognize that organizations will vie for talent in coming years. This recognition brings about the need for employee oriented workplaces and programs that meet the needs of employees for meaningful work, growth, challenge, communication, and effective leadership.
Based on qualifications and results.
Please email your resume along with salary history to: VirginiaHRJob@gmail.com
NO PHONE CALLS
PLEASE, NO AGENCIES